Week 6: Chiefs at Bills (+5): Monday 5pm on Fox

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Titans Bills -> Week 5 Bills vs Titans Tues 7 pm thread

And oh yeah as per SOP, Ix Nay on the general Ovid-19 Cay

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

if it’s 5-0 vs 5-0 and SB mvp mahomes vs stallion, I could see them creating another slot like they did for the Patriots this week. Gonna have to wait and see

That would be the only other viable option, make it a Monday night doubleheader, likely both would need to be on ESPN so they'd go along with it.

Officially didn't they state the game will: "Be played later this weekend"? That does leave that option open. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

That would be the only other viable option, make it a Monday night doubleheader, likely both would need to be on ESPN so they'd go along with it.

Officially didn't they state the game will: "Be played later this weekend"? That does leave that option open. 

Pretty sure the game will be on Fox, but don’t know for sure.  I don’t think they would give up what is one of the best games of the year

31 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

OK so then they can come off the list anytime they are no longer in a contagious state, no 3 week minimum.  That explains it! Thanks!

Well, the definition of "no longer in a contagious state" has some details around it, they have to pass cardiac screening, and they have to undergo a progressive exercise program if they were symptomatic.  Titans had a guy (OLman) just activated who has been on the list since September 6th!!! 

But yes, there's no 3 game (not week) minimum.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Pretty sure the game will be on Fox, but don’t know for sure.  I don’t think they would give up what is one of the best games of the year

Yes was suppose to be on Fox, but can't see them repeating like the did last Monday where the ESPN was delayed around 40 minutes and the KC NE game was being played at the same time.  I'm sure the ratings for the ESPN game weren't the greatest going against the other game though did involved Green Bay so that may have helped some.  Fox would be fine with it I'm sure, but can't imagine ESPN agreeing.  I'm thinking that's why this weeks NE Denver game which originally was on CBS was moved to Monday and is now an ESPN doubleheader.  I'm guessing they said no, so they gave it to ESPN unless that was part of the deal, they gave ESPN the game this week in exchange for next week playing second fiddle.  Or the Bills KC game on Fox starts at 5:00 eastern so over before Monday Night Football

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Currently the Fox 4:25 game is Green Bay at Tampa, Brady Rodgers, Green Bay being one of the top five most popular teams in league.  Sunday night is Rams at San Fran, can't see them dumping that one either.  Even Monday Dallas is one anther team they won't preempt and Tuesday is game 1 of the World Series on Fox.  Networks care more about showing the game with the best ratings more than which might be the better game.  If any of them were dog games, then yes could see them switch but not a marginally better game for another more popular one.

Likely at best will be a second 4:25 game that is only shown in the KC and Western NY markets.  Basically the same as last week when they played 4:25, most of the country was getting NE- KC, small amount got the Raiders Bills game.  Only once the KC game was canceled, then most of the country got Bills game. 

It's certainly possible to do two Sunday Night or Monday Nighty games. ESPN/ABC won't be thrilled about it, and some compensation will probably be due. And i don't think they can do this all year (though personally I think it's great). But if they want to get it done, they will get it done. Everybody is going to have to make a few concessions this year, I think.

Do we really care about the TV markets? I just want the Bills to play and to WIN. If players are mad a the NFL, it'd be some on both teams so no effect on the outcome in any shape or form. It just sucks KC will have a full week to prepare but not the Bills but, 2020 is weird so...

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Bills chiefs to Monday most likely 

No Bills will be playing Chiefs Thursday if the Titans game gets postponed...Bills have been preparing 2 gameplans...such BS...Titans are the ones who screwed up big time and we are the ones being punished for it...

Edited by matter2003