Week 6: Chiefs at Bills (+5): Monday 5pm on Fox

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Titans Bills -> Week 5 Bills vs Titans Tues 7 pm thread

And oh yeah as per SOP, Ix Nay on the general Ovid-19 Cay

26 minutes ago, Georgia Bill said:

All this last minute game day/time shifting is crazy, but imagine if fans were being allowed and had purchased tickets.  That would add another dimension to the three ringed circus.

I think they could probably go until at least Tuesday on the call to flex. No fans at bills game or rams/niners  

There's much talk about the NFL punishing the Titans and it being severe.  Normally the NFL likes to take it's time with any punishments to "try" to get it right, particularly if it's going to be severe.

But in this case, they need to act quickly if it's meant to be a deterrent to other teams to break the rules.  No sense the league announcing the penalty against Tenn week 17, it needs to be very soon.   Will see what/when it's announced.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think they could probably go until at least Tuesday on the call to flex. No fans at bills game or rams/niners  

Here's a hypothetical question. Would/should the NFL be more concerned/less likely to move a game with less lead time, if the stadium was allowing around 10,000 fans? While I really don't like saying "the fans shouldn't matter", given the present circumstances I think that might be the best line of thinking. The NFL should do what's safest for the teams and try to be as fair as they can be. They can't be perfect.  But giving the benefit to teams who are now allowing some fans would seem to add more confusion and bias to the mix. Just my opinion.

2 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

There's much talk about the NFL punishing the Titans and it being severe.  Normally the NFL likes to take it's time with any punishments to "try" to get it right, particularly if it's going to be severe.

But in this case, they need to act quickly if it's meant to be a deterrent to other teams to break the rules.  No sense the league announcing the penalty against Tenn week 17, it needs to be very soon.   Will see what/when it's announced.

They seem to have let it be known the punishements can be severe. I'm guessing they want to get their evidence collected and ducks in a row before coming down hard. I'm also guessing the league has let teams know what kinds of punishments might be levied. Unless they are considering a forfeit, what's the rush really?

4 minutes ago, The Dean said:

They seem to have let it be known the punishements can be severe. I'm guessing they want to get their evidence collected and ducks in a row before coming down hard. I'm also guessing the league has let teams know what kinds of punishments might be levied. Unless they are considering a forfeit, what's the rush really?

True, I agree they need to get all the facts.  However I can see every GM standing up in front of their team of players and coaches and telling everyone, "This is what the league stated they will do for future infractions".   But can see players/coaches having an attitude of "yeah OK sounds good"  Whereas if they actually saw punishment doled out it becomes more believable.   So far the team you could argue that the team that has been punished the most by all this are the Steelers and Bills with the rescheduling, so why pay much attention to what the league tells me when they turn around and screw us in return.

Until something is actually done it's just lip service.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, par73 said:

I still feel the Tennessee game should have been postponed to a later date. If I were a player, I would not want to go there now and play a football game.

The problem is logistics.  Its only week 5.  There is only so much room to move.  I wouldnt want to either though.

3 hours ago, Mango said:

The S&C coach in KC is concerning. He probably has a ton of hands on contact with the team. Hopefully they can get ahead of it. 

He's supposed to be wearing a mask, face shield, gloves etc and disinfecting everything. Someone elsewhere said it was a coach with high player contact who spread it initially in Tenn. so if not, yeah concerning.

1 hour ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I agree with you.  If the NFL wants this to have a cautionary effect and help save the season, they need to act.

Read an article that some of the Titans feel they are being portrayed unfairly and what's being stated in the press isn't accurate.  Tannerhill was quoted for one.

Hate to play a team that feels they've been wronged and it's "us against the world" mentality.  They can sometimes rise to unexpected heights.  Reminds me of the game the Bills had canceled, then moved to Detroit against the Jets because of the snowstorm in November about 4 years ago.  The Bills were hardly able to practice all week, not many gave them a chance, and they blew the Jets out  (poor Rex!)

Trying to understand too if players are placed on the Covid List is that different than the IR list?  Thought that was why they changed the rules this year to only needing to be on IR for 3 weeks because of Covid.  Don't understand then how any of the Tenn players would be eligible to come back and play this week if they have to be on IR for 3 weeks minimum??

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Read an article that some of the Titans feel they are being portrayed unfairly and what's being stated in the press isn't accurate.  Tannerhill was quoted for one.

Hate to play a team that feels they've been wronged and it's "us against the world" mentality.  They can sometimes rise to unexpected heights.  Reminds me of the game the Bills had canceled, then moved to Detroit against the Jets because of the snowstorm in November about 4 years ago.  The Bills were hardly able to practice all week, not many gave them a chance, and they blew the Jets out  (poor Rex!)

Trying to understand too if players are placed on the Covid List is that different than the IR list?  Thought that was why they changed the rules this year to only needing to be on IR for 3 weeks because of Covid.  Don't understand then how any of the Tenn players would be eligible to come back and play this week if they have to be on IR for 3 weeks minimum??

It's not the normal IR list it's a special Covid list.  Spotrac puts these players in the NFI (Non-Football Injury) designation list.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/tennessee-titans/cap/

18 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

What are chances bills play Sunday or Monday night against chiefs. 

Well, without further info I'd say it's 3-1 they play on Sunday. Sunday has three possibilities: Early afternoon, Late afternoon or Night (possible doubleheader, but still Night). There is only Monday Night (possible doubleheader, but still night)

We can speculate and pontificate about when it SHOULD be, but I don't think that means jack squat.

36 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Glad to see others are coming around to see how much of a buzzsaw this game might be.

1 hour ago, Hebert19 said:

What are chances bills play Sunday or Monday night against chiefs. 

Should be a no brainer.  I don’t think they announce it until the result of the titan game.  My prediction, if the bills are undefeated, it’s prime time.  If we lose to the titans, it’s a day game

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

It is just possible that the Bills feel they've been jerked around too, and could come out hot.

I don't see the Titans being dissed off the way the Bills were in that Bills-Jets game.  -1 or something, isn't it?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

It's not the normal IR list it's a special Covid list.  Spotrac puts these players in the NFI (Non-Football Injury) designation list.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/tennessee-titans/cap/

OK so then they can come off the list anytime they are no longer in a contagious state, no 3 week minimum.  That explains it! Thanks!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Should be a no brainer.  I don’t think they announce it until the result of the titan game.  My prediction, if the bills are undefeated, it’s prime time.  If we lose to the titans, it’s a day game

Currently the Fox 4:25 game is Green Bay at Tampa, Brady Rodgers, Green Bay being one of the top five most popular teams in league.  Sunday night is Rams at San Fran, can't see them dumping that one either.  Even Monday Dallas is one anther team they won't preempt and Tuesday is game 1 of the World Series on Fox.  Networks care more about showing the game with the best ratings more than which might be the better game.  If any of them were dog games, then yes could see them switch but not a marginally better game for another more popular one.

Likely at best will be a second 4:25 game that is only shown in the KC and Western NY markets.  Basically the same as last week when they played 4:25, most of the country was getting NE- KC, small amount got the Raiders Bills game.  Only once the KC game was canceled, then most of the country got Bills game. 

1 minute ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Currently the Fox 4:25 game is Green Bay at Tampa, Brady Rodgers, Green Bay being one of the top five most popular teams in league.  Sunday night is Rams at San Fran, can't see them dumping that one either.  Even Monday Dallas is one anther team they won't preempt and Tuesday is game 1 of the World Series on Fox.  Networks care more about showing the game with the best ratings more than which might be the better game.  If any of them were dog games, then yes could see them switch but not a marginally better game for another more popular one.

Likely at best will be a second 4:25 game that is only shown in the KC and Western NY markets.  Basically the same as last week when they played 4:25, most of the country was getting NE- KC, small amount got the Raiders Bills game.  Only once the KC game was canceled, then most of the country got Bills game. 

if it’s 5-0 vs 5-0 and SB mvp mahomes vs stallion, I could see them creating another slot like they did for the Patriots this week. Gonna have to wait and see