Week 6: Chiefs at Bills (+5): Monday 5pm on Fox

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Titans Bills -> Week 5 Bills vs Titans Tues 7 pm thread

And oh yeah as per SOP, Ix Nay on the general Ovid-19 Cay

7 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

My hope was that they just cancelled the game all together and just let the Bills prepare for KC...

I don’t necessarily understand this line of thinking, unless you want a Week 18 Titans matchup?  In which case, ok.  

We’re finally good.  I think we’ll be good for a while now.  But why do we want to risk asterisks this season with cancelled/forfeited games?  

So far, for all the chaos, the football product has stayed in tact.  My hope is it stays that way... and that requires getting in all the games anyway we can. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I don’t necessarily understand this line of thinking, unless you want a Week 18 Titans matchup?  In which case, ok.  

We’re finally good.  I think we’ll be good for a while now.  But why do we want to risk asterisks this season with cancelled/forfeited games?  

So far, for all the chaos, the football product has stayed in tact.  My hope is it stays that way... and that requires getting in all the games anyway we can. 

Agreed. We want to get this game in, and playing them while depleted and coming off a big layoff of no practice is a frankly a big advantage. We got a break with the weather difference between Sunday and Tuesday, it is now a national game,   and gained two days than we would have had to get ready for KC. I’m good. I think if there was any chance Milano could be ready for KC, this can only help. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

Doesn't the Titans still need no more positives next couple days 

Apparently it's more complicated then that, but I think the bottom line is if the Titans do get more positives that would cancel the game,  the Tues game is off and we still play the Chiefs next weekend, is my understanding. 

Which is only fair - if the Bills are gonna play a competitive Thursday nite game against the Chiefs, they need to be full speed ahead with planning for it now, not any time between now and Tuesday

On 10/8/2020 at 7:07 PM, FluffHead said:

Will the game be available on Sunday ticket?  Years ago when we played in Detroit on a Tuesday, the game was not available on Sunday ticket. 

I’m guessing local, and not available on Sunday ticket 

I just heard this is the first Tuesday night game in 70 years

Its the only NFL game going on in the evening (not to mention between undefeated teams) and your asking if its national or local? come on. It wont be on Sunday ticket because its on CBS to everyone

Edited by DrDare

40 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Agreed. We want to get this game in, and playing them while depleted and coming off a big layoff of no practice is a frankly a big advantage. We got a break with the weather difference between Sunday and Tuesday, it is now a national game,   and gained two days than we would have had to get ready for KC. I’m good. I think if there was any chance Milano could be ready for KC, this can only help. 

Will be interesting to see who is able to play for Tennessee and who isn’t. The no practice in over a week for the Titans is a huge advantage for the Bills, I’m sure they had virtual workouts after their practice got broken up and what not but wouldn’t surprise me if some guys dogged those. Definitely don’t want a forfeit want the Bills to beat the Titans straight up. 

18 minutes ago, DrDare said:

I just heard this is the first Tuesday night game in 70 years

Its the only NFL game going on in the evening (not to mention between undefeated teams) and your asking if its national or local? come on. It wont be on Sunday ticket because its on CBS to everyone

I believe there was a Tuesday night game in 2010, eagles, due to blizzard . But yes the nfl will be happy to have it’s product on yet another night of the week. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

Assuming the Tennessee game goes off ok, I'm just bummed that our big prime time home game vs KC- under the lights-  will be buried in the mix on Sunday afternoon.    Would be nice if they could move it to Sunday eve or Monday eve. 

Without having to inconvenience fans, the precedent has been set that the NFL is able to switch games around at a moment's notice. and place them wherever they want.

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I believe there was a Tuesday night game in 2010, eagles, due to blizzard 

There was a game!  Interim coach for the Eagles opponent was one Leslie Frazier for the Vikings.  You also had a handful of former Bills in that game....Winfield, McCoy and a couple others.  

29 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Apparently it's more complicated then that, but I think the bottom line is if the Titans do get more positives that would cancel the game,  the Tues game is off and we still play the Chiefs next weekend, is my understanding. 

Which is only fair - if the Bills are gonna play a competitive Thursday nite game against the Chiefs, they need to be full speed ahead with planning for it now, not any time between now and Tuesday

I would think that the “close contact-positive test” rule is off the table as soon as that player enters the facility, right? 

At that point it doesn’t matter. If they have 10-12 players with Covid not in the facility. Conservative assume they all had contact with two other players that’s over half the roster. Are we to assume that the “close contacts” will not be be allowed in the facility either. 

Just a lot of whispers about the rules, decisions, status, but no statements. Doesn’t give me the greatest feeling. 

13 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Assuming the Tennessee game goes off ok, I'm just bummed that our big prime time home game vs KC- under the lights-  will be buried in the mix on Sunday afternoon.    Would be nice if they could move it to Sunday eve or Monday eve. 

Without having to inconvenience fans, the precedent has been set that the NFL is able to switch games around at a moment's notice. and place them wherever they want.

Nfl can flex bills-chiefs to SNF if they want. They don’t need to decide that now though. They may want to wait until this week’s games are played 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Nfl can flex bills-chiefs to SNF if they want. They don’t need to decide that now though. They may want to wait until this week’s games are played 

I hope they grant the Bills an extra day and play it Monday, but if forced to play Sunday, I would happily sit through Al and Chris to get the superior prime time game.

1 hour ago, Mango said:

I would think that the “close contact-positive test” rule is off the table as soon as that player enters the facility, right? 

At that point it doesn’t matter. If they have 10-12 players with Covid not in the facility. Conservative assume they all had contact with two other players that’s over half the roster. Are we to assume that the “close contacts” will not be be allowed in the facility either. 

Just a lot of whispers about the rules, decisions, status, but no statements. Doesn’t give me the greatest feeling. 

I think statements from the NFL clearly spelling out their requirements for the Titans and their thinking would be helpful, Yes.  

But it’s really not us who need to hear, it’s the other teams & especially the Bills

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, wjag said:

Of course.  

I know all teams are going to be affected by the various positive tests, outbreaks, etc....but man it sure SEEMS like the Football Gods are putting a lot of this stuff right around Bills games lol.  First the Raiders, then the Titans, and now the Chiefs.  Crazy timing.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

All this last minute game day/time shifting is crazy, but imagine if fans were being allowed and had purchased tickets.  That would add another dimension to the three ringed circus.