Week 6: Chiefs at Bills (+5): Monday 5pm on Fox

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Titans Bills -> Week 5 Bills vs Titans Tues 7 pm thread

And oh yeah as per SOP, Ix Nay on the general Ovid-19 Cay

5 hours ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Saw this for the first time while visiting Europe. Had no idea reusable cloth existed. It didn’t seem like the most sanitary of options. 

You don't  use the portion somebody else used.  As you pull it down a clean  section comes out and dirty section rolls up.  It gets to end and they have to wash it. 

Still very gross.  But,  people should be touching it with already clean and freshly washed hands. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Yes. Sorry. I should've clarified.

Chiefs game is in the title as "later in the weekend" so I just assumed it'd be... well... the weekend.

It still could be on Monday, they haven’t announced. Schefter said Sunday but nfl has not. 

The NFL isn’t finished with their investigation, but I’m sure they will be punished in some way as the league does not want an organization knowingly breaking the rules.  They are trying their best to keep a handle on this to the best of their ability.  The protocols are reasonable to try and minimize problems. 

As far as scheduling, I question if they needed to have the game on Tuesday to protect the players, especially the Bills players (Bob Papa made that point on NFLR yesterday although both he and the tool, Coach Weiss said the Bills are somewhat shafted as it’s not their fault the Titans broke the rules), but they should play the Chiefs on Monday Night.  I can only imagine they are holding back that Monday slot for another unexpected outbreak from another team.

I agree with you guys they should have placed the Bills on MNF next week.  As far as a prime time slot this week, they are getting that as the Tuesday will be a nationally televised showing.  The networks want as much in the ratings as possible given their prime time shows are still not airing yet.  Shows like Blue Bloods, SWAT, etc.

17 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Ok from how I understand it, Thursday night is now officially off the table for chiefs since Tuesday is locked in for Titans. I expect a day and time to be announced by league for chiefs by tomorrow. 

Doesn't the Titans still need no more positives next couple days 

21 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Ok from how I understand it, Thursday night is now officially off the table for chiefs since Tuesday is locked in for Titans. I expect a day and time to be announced by league for chiefs by tomorrow. 

If the Bills win Tuesday, this becomes the NFL game of the week. Sunday or Monday evening would be great.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

Doesn't the Titans still need no more positives next couple days 

Yes but it depends who tests positive if it would impact the game (would need to be player not identified as close contacts of the others already positive) and as it pertains to the chiefs game, it isn’t going to revert back to Thursday anymore if the Tuesday game is impacted later.

Edited by YoloinOhio

If Monday for KC, the Buffalo Bills will be the first and likely only team to have played on a Sunday, Monday and Tuesday night in a three week span.  

this is my next contribution to the year of useless made up stats.  I expect to see it on a banner on GMFB this week.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yes but it depends who tests positive if it would impact the game (would need to be player not identified as close contacts of the others already positive) and as it pertains to the chiefs game, it isn’t going to revert back to Thursday anymore if the Tuesday game is impacted later.

I could be wrong, but I thought it was reported that the Titans are reopening their facilities today. I think the “who tests positive” goes out the window once they walk through the door, right? 

Just now, Mango said:

I could be wrong, but I thought it was reported that the Titans are reopening their facilities today. I think the “who tests positive” goes out the window once they walk through the door, right? 

I saw a report, yesterday I think,  that said this afternoon.  I remembered it because I thought good, take another half day Of practice time away from them. 

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

They are opening the facility this afternoon. Going forward - tomorrow, Monday, Tuesday. If there are more positives, it depends who it is on if it would impact the game  

Edited by YoloinOhio

14 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They are opening the facility this afternoon. Going forward - tomorrow, Monday, Tuesday. If there are more positives, it depends who it is on if it would impact the game  

at this point, who cares?  Make them play with whoever they’ve got

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

at this point, who cares?  Make them play with whoever they’ve got

The reason it depends isn’t because it could be a key player. It goes back to whether the new positive is a close contact or not of those already positive. If it is, reportedly, that player would just go on the list and not play but game would go on. If it’s not a close contact, since the team has supposedly been quarantined from each other (ahem) then they see it as an issue that could impact the game status