Week 6: Chiefs at Bills (+5): Monday 5pm on Fox

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Titans Bills -> Week 5 Bills vs Titans Tues 7 pm thread

And oh yeah as per SOP, Ix Nay on the general Ovid-19 Cay

1 minute ago, Greg S said:

Good point. Does it still remain a FOX game? If so then I would guess the same national broadcast with a 4:25 start and Aikman and Buck calling it then.

Unfortunately, FOX already has the doubleheader that week, with the 4:25 Buck/Aikman game being Green Bay and Tampa Bay. There's no way they move that game. None at all.

So, if the game is played Sunday, Bills fans are almost certainly going to be screwed.

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think the issue there is Brady-Rogers is scheduled for that slot

That could be a problem. I should have looked at next weeks schedule. Then who knows when this gets announced. I wouldn't mind it going to MNF as part of a double header.

7 minutes ago, {::'KayCeeS::} said:

If 15 Titans players don't get suspended for this game, I will run circles around my house for maybe 15 minutes.

The investigation won't be completed by our game, I don't think.  Unfortunately, any suspensions will benefit a future opponent of the Titans.

3 minutes ago, Greg S said:

That could be a problem. I should have looked at next weeks schedule. Then who knows when this gets announced. I wouldn't mind it going to MNF as part of a double header.

I believe Schefter has good info on it tentatively being on Sunday. Even though the league isn’t going to announce it because too much in flux and I predict that we will know tomorrow, if the Tuesday game gets confirmed, what the day and time of the chiefs game will be. My prediction is it will be flexed to Sunday Night and Niners-Rams will be moved to an earlier slot 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Pokebball said:

The investigation won't be completed by our game, I don't think.  Unfortunately, any suspensions will benefit a future opponent of the Titans.

Yeah, also, I generally run the equivalent of 15 circles around my house everyday,

So I was just BSing.

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Greg S said:

If the Chiefs game is played Sunday then it becomes CBS #1 game and its not even close. I would guess 4:25 start which will be broadcast to the entire country with Romo and Nance calling it. Just my guess.

I would think they would have to make up for Fox losing the Thursday game - that would mean either the 4:25 game opposite GB and TB - which is the only late game that day or perhaps Sunday night on Fox opposite NBC showing the Rams and San Fran

Being robbed of TNF against KC really sucks, especially following 2 weeks of Jets/Broncos and Bears/Bucs. This was the primetime game the world needed. I'd be pretty pissed if I were Fox. This game doesn't belong in the Sunday afternoon shuffle.

Thanks, Titans! I'd advocate for forfeiture (if they aren't ready by the scheduled game time, tough *****) but we only get 16 games as is and I don't want any less Josh Allen aerial poetry than we are already allotted.

First post btw. Hello!

• Like (+1) 6

12 minutes ago, FlaFitz1 said:

I would think they would have to make up for Fox losing the Thursday game - that would mean either the 4:25 game opposite GB and TB - which is the only late game that day or perhaps Sunday night on Fox opposite NBC showing the Rams and San Fran

Or move the west coast game a bit later - 9:30 EST? And layer the Fox game (ours) in at 7:30? Fox tripleheader? 

2 minutes ago, Boxcar said:

Being robbed of TNF against KC really sucks, especially following 2 weeks of Jets/Broncos and Bears/Bucs. This was the primetime game the world needed. I'd be pretty pissed if I were Fox. This game doesn't belong in the Sunday afternoon shuffle.

Thanks, Titans! I'd advocate for forfeiture (if they aren't ready by the scheduled game time, tough *****) but we only get 16 games as is and I don't want any less Josh Allen aerial poetry than we are already allotted.

First post btw. Hello!

Welcome to TSW. Buckle up,  buckaroo!

And also Welcome to 2020. Things be all screwed up. Gotta go with the flow and roll with the punches. Better to be thankful we have a team (includes players,  coaches and management) that seem to be able to adapt to adversity tahn wallow in self pity, IMO. This is nothing but a flesh wound! 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Big C said:

Sorry if this is posted on another page...

So am I understanding correctly that Chiefs game may be played on a day other than Sunday now?

I don't think so, Big C.  just that they don't know what time it will be on Sunday.

If they switched it to Monday or after that would be something new that we haven't at least heard from the league office.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FlaFitz1 said:

I was told the game will be nationally broadcast at 7pm on CBS - has anyone else heard this or can anyone confirm that?

Additionally, if they move the KC game to Sunday I was told it will be a late game.  Does that mean TV?

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

If the Chiefs game is played Sunday then it becomes CBS #1 game and its not even close. I would guess 4:25 start which will be broadcast to the entire country with Romo and Nance calling it. Just my guess.

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

Good point. Does it still remain a FOX game? If so then I would guess the same national broadcast with a 4:25 start and Aikman and Buck calling it then.

You're right it's not close!

IF it's CBS then it's not a national game at all as Fox has the doubleheader game that day..  As Yoloin pointed it was originally a Fox game so maybe will stick with Fox. However the current 4:25 Fox game that day is Green Bay at Tampa.  Not so sure Fox would want to lose any viewership with that one or be splitting the county. No matter what you did, they'd be many fans mad.  Sunday night game is Rams at San Fran so no one would want to give that up either.

The other option would be to move it to Monday and another doubleheader, but I'd imagine ESPN would then be screaming about that too.  Tuesday also wouldn't work for Fox as I believe that's game ! of the World Series also on Fox.

When you factor in all those things, there really is no good answer.   My guess is a regional game at best, maybe 4:25 opposite the primary GB- Tampa game like last week was going to be before the Pats Chiefs game was canceled.

Can't see how Saturday could be the deadline for the Tuesday game.  Can understand if there's another positive Saturday, then the game is off and Bills Chiefs goes back to Thursday so it's still a go, but can't believe if two people test positive on Monday, they still play the game??  May just mean after Saturday the Chiefs game would not be moved back to Thursday even if Titans game is canceled IMO

The only other option would be to do like week 17 where both networks have a 4:25 game and Bills Chiefs is then back on CBS , but can't imagine Fox ever agreeing to that one either.

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

15 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Posted in other thread - good info for when/if game could be further moved 

What’s good, gents? What good? 

This report by Judy Battista is interesting. They’re saying that if any close contacts come up positive the game will still go on. So is it the case that by Tuesday those players would be past the maximum incubation period?

1 minute ago, Cotton Fitzsimmons said:

What’s good, gents? What good? 

This report by Judy Battista is interesting. They’re saying that if any close contacts come up positive the game will still go on. So is it the case that by Tuesday those players would be past the maximum incubation period?

I read it as the devil you know.  Not a new outbreak from a new source.