Week 6: Chiefs at Bills (+5): Monday 5pm on Fox

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Titans Bills -> Week 5 Bills vs Titans Tues 7 pm thread

And oh yeah as per SOP, Ix Nay on the general Ovid-19 Cay

1 hour ago, JoPoy88 said:

As to no Vrabel in the building - that’s what I’ve seen floated a lot today online. And he deserves it 100%

Saw that floated as well, but since the NFL tentatively announced dates, they haven’t mentioned suspensions. 

51 minutes ago, rayray808 said:

the Titans will have positive tests tomorrow... after that, I really don't know when they would move our game

I don’t actually know how they field a team. They have 14 players in COVID IR. I also think that players who attended the off campus practices should be suspended for at least 2 games since they messed up two regular season games in Pitt and Buffalo. Looks like there were at least 3 position groups. You’re basically pulling up 25 players from the practice squad at that point. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

So, if there are more Covid cases with Tennessee, how can the game go back to Sunday? Postponed? Forfeit?

wth!

I presume either forfeit or just canceled, but cancelling carries its own can of worms.  Someone had said, the league would have to resort to figuring win percentages, but it seems like if Buffalo were to end up having to depend on getting a wild card berth to get into the playoffs, there would be great potential for them getting screwed.  Moving the playoffs back to play the Titans at the end of the season may not be an option because the league has a reserved date for the venue for the Super Bowl that may not may not be movable.  The league is definitely being backed into a corner with relatively few options.

2 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

I presume either forfeit or just canceled, but cancelling carries its own can of worms.  Someone had said, the league would have to resort to figuring win percentages, but it seems like if Buffalo were to end up having to depend on getting a wild card berth to get into the playoffs, there would be great potential for them getting screwed.  Moving the playoffs back to play the Titans at the end of the season may not be an option because the league has a reserved date for the venue for the Super Bowl that may not may not be movable.  The league is definitely being backed into a corner with relatively few options.

I heard the league has the stadium for the superbowl reserved for all of february.  The worst case scenario would be shoving bills @ titans in as the lone week 18 game giving us no rest for the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1

However, if the Titans register any more positive tests, forcing Tuesday's game to be postponed, the Bills-Chiefs game will revert to its original slot on Thursday Night Football on Oct. 15.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30073030/tennessee-titans-buffalo-bills-moved-sunday-tuesday

Titans game postponed till when ? Bills have a bye week 11 but Titans don't.

2 minutes ago, ALF said:

However, if the Titans register any more positive tests, forcing Tuesday's game to be postponed, the Bills-Chiefs game will revert to its original slot on Thursday Night Football on Oct. 15.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30073030/tennessee-titans-buffalo-bills-moved-sunday-tuesday

Titans game postponed till when ? Bills have a bye week 11 but Titans don't.

I assume the Titans would then forfeit and we get the win.  Unless the NFL pushes the start of playoffs back there would not be another opportunity to play the game.

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

They'll probably reschedule to week 18 and then everyone will be like why didn't you just do that in the first place if player safety is your priority.

I'm of the belief the league should have the Titans forfeit . Teams that violate protocol will know it will cost their teams games if they don't follow the rules. It's hard enough not having your fans and then teams like the Bills who are doing the right things and being super careful get the shaft. Some on here have said it sets a dangerous precedent. I think the opposite.  Accountability for all teams and consequences for teams like the assclowns from the Titans who were obviously irresponsible . If I'm McDermott and Bean I would lose my shyt with the league on this. Exposure to potential Covid when the Bills are being responsible is complete Horse$#@&.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Fred Slacks said:

On the plus side Titans should be without a lot of starters/core players. Now this is a prime time game.  The Joe blow NFL fan will get to watch the Bills unleash a thrashing. There will be a lot more believers after Tuesday night league wide. Which only helps build the hype for a match up vs KC. 

I would rather beat a depleted Vrabel team then win on a forfeit. We'll see what tomorrow brings but any more positives and this game is done. Then they'll lower the boom on the Titans.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, FluffHead said:

Will the game be available on Sunday ticket?  Years ago when we played in Detroit on a Tuesday, the game was not available on Sunday ticket. 

I’m guessing local, and not available on Sunday ticket 

I'll be red-hot if its not on Sunday ticket!

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, buffalojedwardo said:

I'm sure this has been discussed and also some of y'all are in the same boat. But if you had Bills D, Josh and Singletary do you start dropping people and preparing if they don't play for fantasy? 

Yep.

I have Diggs and Singletary.

Looking at adding Tre'Quan Smith who plays Monday night to by me some time......if there are no positives by Sunday.  

I flex Singletary because I have Zeke and Robinson.  I have Deebo Harris and Edmunds on my bench.  Harris plays Monday as well.   

10 minutes ago, BornAgainBillsFan said:

Does everybody still think that there'll be an asterisk next to the Bills when they win it all this year?? This will be the hardest trophy to win in the history of football. And our organization's buttoned-up, mentally tough approach will be the difference.

Been saying this for months 

The winner of the SB this year is the greatest SB champ ever.

All games were at neutral sites essentially.

Self motivate in game without the help from 12th man.  

Had to navigate a pandemic.  Practice, stay virus free, and then win games. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Oddly I do not feel mad about the rescheduling.   The Bills will deal with it.  I just hope Tenn gets a significant punishment.    That will irritate me the most if they get a Patriots type of retribution. 

I do wish the KC game was scheduled for Monday night to give the Bills more time. 

• Like (+1) 1

Zero complaints.

The team that wins the championship this year is the one that can be pretty nimble and adjust on the fly.  I'm glad we get Bills football this week & next.  

Are we the 1st ever Tuesday night football game?

• Like (+1) 1