Week 6: Chiefs at Bills (+5): Monday 5pm on Fox

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Titans Bills -> Week 5 Bills vs Titans Tues 7 pm thread

And oh yeah as per SOP, Ix Nay on the general Ovid-19 Cay

15 minutes ago, BRH said:

So the Patriots are moved from one of the late CBS Sunday games to a national telecast on Monday on ESPN, but our game moves from a national broadcast to a regional CBS broadcast on Tuesday?

No, it is was regional before on Sunday at 1 and is moving to national broadcast on Tuesday night 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

No, it is was regional before on Sunday at 1 and is moving to national broadcast on Tuesday night 

I mean why wouldn't they do that two 3/4-0 teams and the only game being played.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BRH said:

Sorry, I meant we lose our national game against the Chiefs.  And end up with two regional broadcasts instead of one regional and one national.

We don’t know yet what time the chiefs game will be or if it will be national or regional. We don’t even really know for sure if it will be Saturday or Sunday. Schefter said Sunday but didn’t give a time. The league officially said “later in the weekend”. I believe it’s a bit fluid at the moment based on all the moving parts 

the titans game is national 

Edited by YoloinOhio

10 minutes ago, BeefCurtns said:

Literally plucked it out of my ass's but it makes the most sense. Whether the nfl chooses to punish Tenn with a forfeit or push the game out is still the mystery.

I doubt they go with a forfeit this early in the season for fear of setting a precedent with so much unknown still ahead of us. How big are the fines? How high are the draft picks? That’s what I’m expecting more than a forfeit.....but nobody knows at this point. 

I just hope we can adapt and finish this season. 

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

We don’t know yet what time the chiefs game will be or if it will be national or regional. We don’t even really know for sure if it will be Saturday or Sunday. Schefter said Sunday but didn’t give a time. The league officially said “later in the weekend”. I believe it’s a bit fluid at the moment based on all the moving parts 

the titans game is national 

Apparently it can't be Saturday due to contracts. I'm still rooting for Monday night, even though I typically prefer the Bills play Sunday at 1pm eastern.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, The Dean said:

Apparently it can't be Saturday due to contracts. I'm still rooting for Monday night, even though I typically prefer the Bills play Sunday at 1pm eastern.

I mean I know we play the Jets after the Chiefs and that's almost a bye week but I'd think they'd avoid giving us a short week immediately after putting us at a disadvantage against the Chiefs.

2 hours ago, Putin said:

Maybe because the game is now set and if there’s more positive cases tomorrow then the game will definitely be forfeited (?)

I haven't read to the end of the thread but this is what i think ..meaning question mark off Forfeit Yes if more positives come to bear beginning tomorrow..am I right folks?

3 hours ago, HappyDays said:

This is ridiculous. We get short rest against the best team in the league because of the Titans' mistake. McDermott should be livid.

No. We were gonna have short rest (3 days). Now we'll either get 4 or 10 days.

22 minutes ago, BeefCurtns said:

So it all hinges on Tenn getting no positive tests tomorrow. If they get one it sounds like either way titans games is off and chiefs game stays Thursday night.

They need two straight days of no positives. Tomorrow is day one. Earliest they can enter facility is Sunday per Sal’s article 

Edited by YoloinOhio

10 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I mean I know we play the Jets after the Chiefs and that's almost a bye week but I'd think they'd avoid giving us a short week immediately after putting us at a disadvantage against the Chiefs.

How are we at a disadvantage? We were gonna get 3 days rest, now we get either 4 or 10?

6 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

This should be the real definition of a "trap game." I forgot about that Jets game. I have high hopes for us vs. Chiefs-- especially if they play like they did against the Pats*. But, I expect the Jets D to inflict injury. Between Greggo, and some of their defensive personnel, It's not a game to be taken lightly. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

How can the Pegulas, Beane, and McD be okay with this? The NFL just gets to pull a home primetime game from Buffalo? Screw that! I hope the Bills beat the absolute tar out of the Titans now. No let up.... drop a damn 50 burger on them. 

dont get me wrong i understand the sentiment but the "Tuesday" contest is technically Primetime  and yet a day noone expects to watch football in primetime so likely (maybe) (Likely) smaller audience