Week 6: Chiefs at Bills (+5): Monday 5pm on Fox

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Titans Bills -> Week 5 Bills vs Titans Tues 7 pm thread

And oh yeah as per SOP, Ix Nay on the general Ovid-19 Cay

2 minutes ago, batmanfreek said:

Nope. Because the chiefs are already preparing for us. They don’t have another game. Playing us Thursday was always on the schedule. Should it be pushed to the weekend they get even more time to prepare. You’re comparing completely different scenarios. 

You’re correct injuries are a part of the game. However when you are forced to lose time between games, those players are at a disadvantage because of another team’s blunder. 

There are things that may seem out of someone’s control. Doesn’t mean they are.  But laying down sure solves all problems. 

Faulty calendar? The Chiefs are (or should be) preparing for the Raiders at this time, not the Bills. Won't start preparing for them until Monday. If the Bills find out before Sunday they are playing on Thursday, they have extra days to prepare.

As far as coaching prep, I'm guessing the Bills have been doing that prep for awhile.

3 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Faulty calendar? The Chiefs are (or should be) preparing for the Raiders at this time, not the Bills. Won't start preparing for them until Monday. If the Bills find out before Sunday they are playing on Thursday, they have extra days to prepare.

As far as coaching prep, I'm guessing the Bills have been doing that prep for awhile.

“If”

12 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Does anyone know if the Chiefs Sunday game will be a day time game or prime time slot?  Have they said the time yet?  

Likely will be broadcast by Fox since they had the Thursday night game?  Fox has the doubleheader game that day, but it's Green Bay at Tampa so they won't dump that one.  The Sunday night game is Rams at San Fran another good one so I'd bet it being a 1:00 game on Sunday.  While Buffalo KC should be a very good one, can't see them dumping either of those other games.

If the game does stay on CBS likely a 1:00 but if instead it's a 4:05 either way will only be a regional game, unless they go to some special thing like week 17 where both networks get a doubleheader game.  But to that Fox I'd imagine would have to get something in return.

Just now, batmanfreek said:

“If”

Then you'll complain the Bills had an advantage?  

Come to think of it, the Bills have probably already started prepping a bit for the Chiefs, knowing the Titans game is still up in the air.

11 minutes ago, batmanfreek said:

Nope. Because the chiefs are already preparing for us. They don’t have another game. Playing us Thursday was always on the schedule. Should it be pushed to the weekend they get even more time to prepare. You’re comparing completely different scenarios. 

You’re correct injuries are a part of the game. However when you are forced to lose time between games, those players are at a disadvantage because of another team’s blunder. 

There are things that may seem out of someone’s control. Doesn’t mean they are.  But laying down sure solves all problems. 

The Chiefs play at 1 on Sunday. They won’t begin preparing for us until Wednesday, as long as it stays this way.

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I am wondering if the NFL needs to cancel all Thursday games— ie, move them all to Sunday. With all the covid changes in the schedules that will inevitably happen, the Thursday games will just make it harder to move games by a day or two, and make quick schedule changes. 

I have no idea why they decided to do them this Covid year.

Well I guess I do $$$$

but it just seems like such a bad idea.

Edited by Warcodered

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I am wondering if the NFL needs to cancel all Thursday games— ie, move them all to Sunday. With all the covid changes in the schedules that will inevitably happen, the Thursday games will just make it harder to move games by a day or two, and make quick schedule changes. 

Fox wouldn't allow it.

1 minute ago, The Dean said:

Then you'll complain the Bills had an advantage?  

Come to think of it, the Bills have probably already started prepping a bit for the Chiefs, knowing the Titans game is still up in the air.

The Bills in no scenario have the advantage.  Chiefs either have our game Thursday AS planned or they have an extra 2-3 days of prep. 

If you say the Bills have an advantage against the Titans, we have the same amount of prep time regardless. 

Time will tell.  

1 hour ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Who on the Titans who tested positive has to sit if Tuesday does happen?   

Whoever tested positive for Tenn their 14 day covid list designation starts from day of Positive test so it will be like the strike of 87 half their game roster will be scabs.

17 minutes ago, batmanfreek said:

Wait preparing for us now? They do have to play vegas sunday still don’t they?

33 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

So the Patriots are moved from one of the late CBS Sunday games to a national telecast on Monday on ESPN, but our game moves from a national broadcast to a regional CBS broadcast on Tuesday?

Just now, aristocrat said:

Is the chiefs game just a 1pm game or at night?

1pm vs Vegas sunday

3 minutes ago, batmanfreek said:

The Bills in no scenario have the advantage.  Chiefs either have our game Thursday AS planned or they have an extra 2-3 days of prep. 

If you say the Bills have an advantage against the Titans, we have the same amount of prep time regardless. 

Time will tell.  

I mean Bills do have a distinct advantage over the Titans but that was tennessee’s own doing. They shut down their facilities themselves. KC will have more time now against us to prepare.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BRH said:

So the Patriots are moved from one of the late CBS Sunday games to a national telecast on Monday on ESPN, but our game moves from a national broadcast to a regional CBS broadcast on Tuesday?

our game wasn’t going to be a national broadcast... the broadcast area was rather small, IIRC

I’m assuming the same CBS affiliates who were going to show the game on Sunday will pick it up in the Tuesday timeslot now, but what do I know

21 minutes ago, batmanfreek said:

So is it confirmed then by the NFL that it's a forfeit if the Titans have another positive tomorrow and we stay with The KC game Thursday?

Just now, RiotAct said:

our game wasn’t going to be a national broadcast... the broadcast area was rather small, IIRC

I’m assuming the same CBS affiliates who were going to show the game on Sunday will pick it up in the Tuesday timeslot now, but what do I know

Well, it’s either the Bills/Titans or Wheel of Fortune.  Hmmmm.