Week 6: Chiefs at Bills (+5): Monday 5pm on Fox

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Titans Bills -> Week 5 Bills vs Titans Tues 7 pm thread

And oh yeah as per SOP, Ix Nay on the general Ovid-19 Cay

Just now, batmanfreek said:

Yes playing a short week happens. It’s on the schedule for months.  Teams prepare for that.  Teams do not prepare to have their scheduled messed with 3 days prior to a game because of another teams mess up and it that team benefits from it. 

Some of you people sound like you get walked all over in actual life.  

Prepare for a short week until it happens? If you have injuries the prior week, how do you do that. The games come one at a time. That's the way they are played.

Not sure what you mean by the bolded. You control the things you can control. When things are out of your control, you do the best you can and don't make excuses. Things are rarely 100% fair. This is a particular challenging season, given Covid. There will be some inequities when the things to sideways. 

Would you be pleading the Chiefs case should the Bills get this week off and they actually play Thursday? 

3 minutes ago, batmanfreek said:

Yes playing a short week happens. It’s on the schedule for months.  Teams prepare for that.  Teams do not prepare to have their scheduled messed with 3 days prior to a game because of another teams mess up and that team benefits from it. 

Some of you people sound like you get walked all over in actual life.  

Interesting take.  Stuff happens.  Snowstorms.  Tornados.  Hurricaines.  When stuff happens, winners adapt and whiners collapse.

I think the Bills are winners.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Process said:

Prep time doesn't matter. What matters is prep time compared to KC. Before it was the same for both teams, now kc gets two more days than the bills. 

All that is true...but there is also the chance that KC comes out rusty, and Air Allen can take advantage early on///

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Have not that I've heard.  Expect they're gonna wait and see if the Titans game goes down or if we skip them and move on to Thursday and the Chiefs.

But then the Bills will have had way more time between games. UNFAIR!!! 🥵

• Haha (+1) 1

As a Project Manager I felt compelled to try to see what the was/is schedule might look like the next 10 days....

Was

Friday: Game planning/installation for Titans concludes typically
Saturday: Travel

Sunday: Game
Monday: players off; coaches working KC game plan

Tuesday: KC game plan meetings/walkthrough

Wednesday: KC practice

Thursday: KC walkthrus AM; game PM

Is:

Friday: As above

Saturday: players off; coaches working KC game plan

Sunday: KC game plan meetings/walkthrus

Monday: Titans game plan review and practice 

Tuesday: travel and evening game

Wednesday: players off; coaches refine KC game plan

Thursday: KC game plan practice

Friday: KC game plan practice

Saturday: KC walkthrus AM; afternoon off 

Sunday: game

• Thank you (+1) 1

The Titans game is technically not a primetime game.   It will only be shown in local markets compared to the usual national broadcasts of Thursday, Sunday and Monday night games.  The Bills Chiefs game better be primetime next week.  Otherwise we lose a primetime game.  

1 minute ago, The Dean said:

Prepare for a short week until it happens? If you have injuries the prior week, how do you do that. The games come one at a time. That's the way they are played.

Not sure what you mean by the bolded. You control the things you can control. When things are out of your control, you do the best you can and don't make excuses. Things are rarely 100% fair. This is a particular challenging season, given Covid. There will be some inequities when the things to sideways. 

Would you be pleading the Chiefs case should the Bills get this week off and they actually play Thursday? 

Nope. Because the chiefs are already preparing for us. They don’t have another game. Playing us Thursday was always on the schedule. Should it be pushed to the weekend they get even more time to prepare. You’re comparing completely different scenarios. 

You’re correct injuries are a part of the game. However when you are forced to lose time between games, those players are at a disadvantage because of another team’s blunder. 

There are things that may seem out of someone’s control. Doesn’t mean they are.  But laying down sure solves all problems. 

1 hour ago, NobesBLO13 said:

They get to have their ass handed to them by the Bills, and possibly on national television.

really happy the bills have player and coach and system continuity from the last couple years.   they will need it to get through this.   titans should be forfeiting the game IMO. 

39 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Trying to back up and take a deep breath....

Everybody gets tested.  At any point, through something that's allowed under the NFL protocols like eating in a restaurant that follows local protocols or attending an allowed religious service, a guy you face off against could test positive the next day. That means there was a chance he was infected when playing against you.  The NFL Infection Control expert viewpoint is that contacts during a Tackle football game are too brief to pose an infection risk, but there's no certainty.   Players had all that explained and a chance to opt out pre-season.  It's very promising that there have been no positive tests on the Vikings and so far none on the Bills from squaring off against Hurst. 

I'm very glad the game is postponed 'til Tuesday to give more time for any positive tests to emerge, rather than saying "negative Friday, Saturday: Sunday GO!".  I think it's the right call to say "any more positive tests, It's Off on Tuesday."  I repeat: I think the NFL made the right call.

At some point, players and teams have to trust the infection control protocols that the league has put in place, do what they're supposed to do for their own infection control like mask up and wash hands, and then let go.  For those who are religious, "Let Go, and Let God".

As far as the Stadium, I doubt the Titans ever come near the visitor locker room and they haven't been in the stadium since Sept. 25th, before they travelled to Minny.  I trust our crew to clean the hell out of the visitor locker room and sideline and make sure it's safe.  I'm sure they'll do an extra-thorough job.  Just stay in the hotel and if you want local food, Grubhub, guys.

I'd rather have the game played at a neutral site though.  If I was a player I wouldn't want to even breathe Tennessee air.

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Interesting take.  Stuff happens.  Snowstorms.  Tornados.  Hurricaines.  When stuff happens, winners adapt and whiners collapse.

I think the Bills are winners.

Adapting works. Correct. Not saying the Bills won’t be prepared. And I still think we beat the Titans. Just don’t want any excuses should any of the team get sidelined because of something that could have been taken care of better by the league.