Week 6: Chiefs at Bills (+5): Monday 5pm on Fox

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Titans Bills -> Week 5 Bills vs Titans Tues 7 pm thread

And oh yeah as per SOP, Ix Nay on the general Ovid-19 Cay

3 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

On further reflection, I'm thinking screw that.  I don't want to change opponents on a few days notice.

I think that was the point of what Schefter report "as long as there are no more positive tests in Tennessee"

I suppose in theory, there could be positive tests Monday or Tuesday and force us to pivot back to KC, but hopefully Beane would persuade the NFL to see reason on that.

Just now, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

How could it not be a daytime game? There's no way they run it alongside Sunday Night Football.

We're losing the showcase game against the Chiefs unless the Titans have positive tests. Just not right.

We'll get our showcase game in the Super Bowl ;)

If I am the bills, I look at this as a blessing in disguise. More days to prepare for titans. They will obviously have fewer practice days than us. So we should have a competitive advantage. 

yeah, it hurts us against KC— but that was going to be a long shot to win anyway. The titans game is a more important game.

(at least that’s the glass half full look!)

• Like (+1) 1

So are both games going to be national?  I know prior, the Bills/Titans game was only shown in those markets.  Since it’s onTuesday will it still only air in those markets? 

Same goes for the chiefs game. That was national...being moved to Sunday do we get top billing for all markets?

Edited by batmanfreek

On the bright side, Allen gets more time to heal up that shoulder.  

Id be shocked if they put Bills/Chiefs at 1 pm.  It’s not just us whining about that possibility.. read through the comments on the Shefter tweet, people want to see Bills/Chiefs beyond the fans of our respective teams. 

17 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Wow you're taking this hard. 

I'm glad the game will be played and no cheap forfeit handed out.

Yeah.  Play it week 18.  The entire Titan team should be immune by then.

Just now, haroldwaide said:

Remember when the Bills would end up with almost a third of their games coming with teams having their bye the week before?  Compared to that, this is a giant nothing burger...

That's my thinking. WAY too much whining going on in this thread, IMO. 

If the Bills/Titans gets postponed until later in the year, should the Chiefs fans complain the Bills didn't have to play this past weekend and had more time in between games?

Bills have to take on that warrior mentality in the face of this scenario.  Yes, KC probably gets a little help in the timing dept, but does that alone guranantee a win for them?  Absolutely not.  That game is still a home game and the Bills will come out fired up for it (fans or no fans) - they know what that game might mean at the end of the reg season.  Sometimes being forced into a pressure situation helps guys focus.  I think we'll see the Bills rarin' to go whenEVER they end up playing the Chiefs.

2 minutes ago, The Dean said:

That's my thinking. WAY too much whining going on in this thread, IMO. 

If the Bills/Titans gets postponed until later in the year, should the Chiefs fans complain the Bills didn't have to play this past weekend and had more time in between games?

Yeah the team now has a short week to prepare for the best team in the NFL and are already banged up on defense.