Pats-Broncos moved to Sunday 10/18

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

Miami would get their bye next week.  NE and Den both get their byes this week.  Chargers would have played Miami week 8 are instead playing Denver so they would get their bye week 11 instead of playing Denver that week.

Bending into pretzels but straight as an arrow for the Titans.

Plans like this work out until a team is out of bye weeks then it goes from convoluted to impossible.  The only solution will be extending the season calendar.  If they can't punish the Titans for what they did, they cannot possibly punish another team for infractions simply because they happened later.

3 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Bending into pretzels but straight as an arrow for the Titans.

Plans like this work out until a team is out of bye weeks then it goes from convoluted to impossible.  The only solution will be extending the season calendar.  If they can't punish the Titans for what they did, they cannot possibly punish another team for infractions simply because they happened later.

This isn’t over re: the Titans. I’m convinced the hammer will drop at the appropriate time

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 4merper4mer said:

The appropriate time was right after the picture of them practicing was posted by that college puke on Twitter.

Oh no you see it was a “giant miscommunication” per Dianna Russini (as they all collectively smash their phones)

Edited by YoloinOhio

Just now, 4merper4mer said:

The appropriate time was right after the picture of them practicing was posted by that college puke on Twitter.

I’m sure that part will be involved in the eventual discipline. Sucks though, to see them rah-rahing about us against the world.

The world has the last say.

9 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

This isn’t over re: the Titans. I’m convinced the hammer will drop at the appropriate time

Agreed. No way was the NFL going to rush in and drop bombs without a thorough investigation... it would have made them look juvenile. I'm guessing Tuesday is when they get theirs.

9 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I’m sure that part will be involved in the eventual discipline. Sucks though, to see them rah-rahing about us against the world.

The world has the last say.

What could they possibly be whining about?  One game was rightfully rescheduled because of them and another was moved-back when it should be cancelled.  So far nothing else has happened to them.

12 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Oh no you see it was a “giant miscommunication” per Dianna Russini (as they all collectively smash their phones)

But I don’t get it. As a business owner of the states changes a regulation and posts it online, but I don’t go online, and I’m in violation of the new regulation, I don’t get to say “sorry I didn’t know about that, miscommunication”, ill get the book thrown at me. 

I just get frustrated that in situations like these, people and organizations with influence seem to always get off easy. 

15 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

24 cases? 15 players violating League rules?

No only am I holding my breath, I bet the farm.

I’m glad you still have confidence in the NFL to do what is right. Myself and I think many others most certainly do not. 

3 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

The league will do something.  They are the ones with egg on their face.  It’s a bad look.  It’s silly to blame teams like NE, ATL, or MN.  That’s going to happen.  The crap with TN is ridiculous.

I'm sure I'm not the first to bring it up, but if this were the long snapper and the nickle-back, is anything getting moved in the schedule?

On the same token, if only Teddy Bridgewater, Shaq Thompson and a strength coach for the Panthers tested positive, would anything be moved?

This feels like BB lost his QB and he and Kraft were complaining behind the scenes to Goodell for accommodation.

1 hour ago, Gene1973 said:

I'm very confused, this game was scheduled for today but is now pushed back for another week? Why? Where there more positives in NE? Are both teams eating their bye week?

Yes NE had more positives late last week and so they shifted both teams bye weeks to give more time to ensure the spread in NE is stopped.

Sucks for Denver that prepared all week instead of a bye and then has to practice some next week, but it logically makes sense.

It was dumb to cancel Denver's original trip to Miami for this weekend just to accommodate the Pats.  It opened up every schedule to be moved around.  Now Denver may get screwed out of not having another game this weekend.  We'll see.  

I personally think the NFL will be accommodating the teams they feel are playoff contenders so they can get all 16 games in..  and they will shuffle around the schedules for the lower rung teams.  When it all shakes out, if some teams only play 14 or 15 games, it will be the non-playoff clubs.