Josh Allen Keeps Dunking On Me (article)

Logic

3 hours ago, OrediggerPoke said:

Dumb take.  Allen had QB coaching from a coach that put 4 QBs into the NFL.  Allen received a ton of coaching and improved tremendously with his mechanics in college.  But keep on with the myth if it helps your narrative.  

What? Bohl? The former defensive back who was a defensive coach at every school until he landed a head coaching job at North Dakota State? The guy who coached Wentz, who seems to have similar issues with technical breakdowns and precision that Allen overcame????

Perhaps you were referring to Easton Stick who had the similar technical knocks on his scouting reports????

“Arm Accuracy –He doesn't always offer pinpoint, precision accuracy. Will force his receivers to work and extend to the end of their catch radius too often. Doesn't always drop in deep balls effectively and will short hop throws when he's trying to throw on the move.“

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/easton-stick

Feel free to provide a link or any other information to support your claim before digging in with the lambasting. While you’re at it please provide an example of how Allen had superior HS and JUCO coaching that rivals the coaching from a power five school. 

Edited by Buffalo Junction

22 hours ago, Logic said:

This is a good read. I think y'all will enjoy it.

Allen IS a spectacular anomaly, and he's ours!

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2020/10/8/21498755/josh-allen-buffalo-bills-breakout-season-qb-scouting

It’s unfortunate that as sportswriters we aren’t allowed to change our opinions about athletes. If we were, I would say that Josh Allen has become a shockingly effective quarterback and one of the most fun players in the NFL. Sadly, I am locked in. Before Allen was drafted in 2018, I wrote that “he does not seem especially good at playing football,” and now my name is Rodger “He Does Not Seem Especially Good at Playing Football” Sherman. If Allen leads the Bills to the Super Bowl, I will be obligated to say he still sucks. I will be buried with this take...

Let's ask Tom Brady how many Super Bowls in a row Josh Allen is about to win...

Ej23bP0WsAEZUhL?format=jpg&name=small

Thanks Tom!!💩

• Haha (+1) 1

I’m usually pretty chill but the incessant dunking on Josh Allen the last few years radicalized me.

Rodger Sherman was so over the top in his Allen hatred I’ll never forget it. He even started saying Tyree Jackson is the best QB in the city of Buffalo while TJ was still in college. 

I won’t forgive or forget.

1 minute ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

I’m usually pretty chill but the incessant dunking on Josh Allen the last few years radicalized me.

Rodger Sherman was so over the top in his Allen hatred I’ll never forget it. He even started saying Tyree Jackson is the best QB in the city of Buffalo while TJ was still in college. 

I won’t forgive or forget.

THIS

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/8/2020 at 7:35 PM, VW82 said:

I'd say Josh is a unicorn. NFL QB is too hard. If you're that raw you generally don't even get the chance. Josh was the perfect blend of bad coaching + not enough reps + drive to improve + world class athleticism. 

Ok...but I’ve always viewed Josh as more of a centaur...

• Like (+1) 1

Craig bohl is a great coach at Wyoming. He also coached Carson Wentz

Allen's problems were things that were not fixable in a one-year period of time. He didn't have time to work on his footwork much at Wyoming, because he had to learn a complex offense, and game plan, and get bigger and stronger

That's offseason work, and he is probably spending much more time getting used to new teammates than working on mechanics

These kids hone their mechanics at passing camps from the time they're 14 years old. Josh didn't have that and he was further behind most division 1 quarterbacks in development, not talent

And after having 5 years of good coaching you can see the development

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/8/2020 at 4:50 PM, Gene1973 said:

I sure hope Allen can keep up this level of play, because the regression backlash Bills fans would experience would be very painful.

Bills fans: always waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Pastor: Do you take this woman to be your lawfully wedded wife?

Bills Fan: Yes, but can we pick up the pace and get to the part where she cheats on with the the best man.

I love the journalistic idea that players don't get better after they enter the NFL.  Anyone heard of Tom Brady?  Early in Brady's career, he struggled mightily to throw the ball down the field and especially deep outs to the boundary.

There's plenty of credit to go around.  Allen isn't a finished product but he's well on his way and he's a worker.  The front office has evolved the roster, surrounding him with better players.  The coaching staff has been consistent in both staff and scheme, adjusting as necessary to give him the best chances of succeeding.  It's been a clinic on how to develop a young, talented QB.  The anti-Jets.

If that draft was done over again, Allen CLEARLY goes first overall.  Well done Brandon Beane and company. 

9 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

I love the journalistic idea that players don't get better after they enter the NFL.  Anyone heard of Tom Brady?  Early in Brady's career, he struggled mightily to throw the ball down the field and especially deep outs to the boundary.

There's plenty of credit to go around.  Allen isn't a finished product but he's well on his way and he's a worker.  The front office has evolved the roster, surrounding him with better players.  The coaching staff has been consistent in both staff and scheme, adjusting as necessary to give him the best chances of succeeding.  It's been a clinic on how to develop a young, talented QB.  The anti-Jets.

If that draft was done over again, Allen CLEARLY goes first overall.  Well done Brandon Beane and company. 

Brees too

On 10/9/2020 at 10:03 AM, Buffalo Junction said:

What? Bohl? The former defensive back who was a defensive coach at every school until he landed a head coaching job at North Dakota State? The guy who coached Wentz, who seems to have similar issues with technical breakdowns and precision that Allen overcame????

Perhaps you were referring to Easton Stick who had the similar technical knocks on his scouting reports????

“Arm Accuracy –He doesn't always offer pinpoint, precision accuracy. Will force his receivers to work and extend to the end of their catch radius too often. Doesn't always drop in deep balls effectively and will short hop throws when he's trying to throw on the move.“

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/easton-stick

Feel free to provide a link or any other information to support your claim before digging in with the lambasting. While you’re at it please provide an example of how Allen had superior HS and JUCO coaching that rivals the coaching from a power five school. 

Perhaps you ought to do a minimum level of research before your horribly misinformed replies.  Perhaps you ought to look at who recruited Josh Allen and who Wyoming's QB coach is.  Perhaps you ought to look up Brock Jensen.  A lot of perhaps.

On 10/10/2020 at 10:41 PM, Buffalo716 said:

Craig bohl is a great coach at Wyoming. He also coached Carson Wentz

Allen's problems were things that were not fixable in a one-year period of time. He didn't have time to work on his footwork much at Wyoming, because he had to learn a complex offense, and game plan, and get bigger and stronger

That's offseason work, and he is probably spending much more time getting used to new teammates than working on mechanics

These kids hone their mechanics at passing camps from the time they're 14 years old. Josh didn't have that and he was further behind most division 1 quarterbacks in development, not talent

And after having 5 years of good coaching you can see the development

I have read varying accounts that he was 6'1" or 6'2" in high school. He literally needed more time to grow.