Chargers: Herbert will remain starter, Tyrod to bench

Tyrod still has a good rep with a lot of the media. They're so amazed by his low INT % that they assume it's because he's good. Bills fans can testify that the real reason is because he's frustratingly conservative with the ball. He seems like a nice guy but he was murder to watch play

• Like (+1) 4

23 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Taylor is the only QB I can think of who somehow manages to get his terrible play attributed to ‘bad luck’

I’m convinced that people just look at his stats without really watching him play much.  High completion percentage, modest passing yards, nice deep ball and lack of turnovers.  Yes he won’t lose you games, but he also won’t win them.  He’s a great backup/fringe starter.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Gugny said:

He most certainly did not.

Wrong! Plenty of our drought time QBs could have blown that season. Dont forget how many times we had a top 5 defense only to miss the playoffs. Sure he is one of many names responsible but to say he isn't on that list of names is bogus.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Wrong! Plenty of our drought time QBs could have blown that season. Dont forget how many times we had a top 5 defense only to miss the playoffs. Sure he is one of many names responsible but to say he isn't on that list of names is bogus.

It most certainly is not.

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Billznut said:

Doubtful this will help that. All Lynn is doing now is getting Herbert valuable experience that will benefit the NEXT head coach of the Chargers. 

If Herbert continues to play well, the Chargers organization better think long and hard before replacing Lynn.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 1

I'll be the one to spread a rumor that the team doctor was paid extra to "accidentally" puncture Tyrod's lung. They saw in practices that Herbert passed Tyrod and they wanted to let Tyrod be a sympathetic figure. This way, other teams see Tyrod as a potential starter, thus increasing his trade value. Or we have a "s*** happens" scenario on our hands.

4 minutes ago, Stads said:

I'll be the one to spread a rumor that the team doctor was paid extra to "accidentally" puncture Tyrod's lung. They saw in practices that Herbert passed Tyrod and they wanted to let Tyrod be a sympathetic figure. This way, other teams see Tyrod as a potential starter, thus increasing his trade value. Or we have a "s*** happens" scenario on our hands.

I said before i more expected a Jeff Gillooly method than this.

8 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

I said before i more expected a Jeff Gillooly method than this.

I think their way is much more sophisticated. A medical procedure gone wrong is plausible. Unless they were giving Tyrod a pain shot in his ribs and somehow  his leg was amputated. That would raise some questions

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dkollidas said:

I got a lot of love for Tyrod. Got us out of the drought... but Herbert is the guy there. 

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

He most certainly did not.

50 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Tyrod didn't blow the season, but to say he got us out of the drought would be a stretch. A killer defense got us out of the drought. John sums it up here:

1 hour ago, JohnNord said:

I’m convinced that people just look at his stats without really watching him play much.  High completion percentage, modest passing yards, nice deep ball and lack of turnovers.  Yes he won’t lose you games, but he also won’t win them.  He’s a great backup/fringe starter.

The “injury” was a really bad break for Taylor but he is getting paid very good money and it’s not like more games as a starter were suddenly going to propel him to the hall of fame, or even another starting job once Hebert inevitably took over. 

2 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

If I'm the new Jets head coach, first thing I do is trade for Tyrod. Next thing I do is draft a QB and announce Tyrod as the starter. Pretty much guaranteed Tyrod will walk into a revolving door or drop a piano on his foot the day before the opening game and my rookie will come in and play well.

You may have something there.