Surprise Week 4 MVP Candidate

cage

The latest rankings from NFL.com for 2020 MVP

https://www.nfl.com/news/top-10-nfl-mvp-candidates-russell-wilson-leads-field

Josh Allen #3 on the list....<yawn>

But #10 is.....wait for it.......... Wyatt Teller....WHAT??  The video montage they provide in the article is duly impressive.  Its a good thing the trade capital for him got us to Diggs, otherwise we would be on the losing end of a Jerry Hughes-type trade

Edited by cage

Yes and No. Teller is a good fit for Clevelands running offense, but would likely not be doing as well in our passing Offense.

Happy for him that he is finding success.

And I'll give the author some credit for finding other MVP candidates besides the same ol QBs.

• Like (+1) 2

I mean, it's hard to see someone (especially someone I liked a lot) do so well for another team, but Guard play is so scheme dependent for one, and for two, hindsight doesn't change the fact that Teller just straight up got beat off the roster here. He flashed as a rookie, and we were all excited about him, but the level of competition went up and he folded. It's not our fault for getting something for nothing at that point. The fact that he turned it around is great for him and I'm happy for him! 

Also, for what it's worth, he was terrible for Cleveland last year as well... It really just sounds like the perfect marriage of scheme and a player waking up to his skill. 

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Yes and No. Teller is a good fit for Clevelands running offense, but would likely not be doing as well in our passing Offense.

Happy for him that he is finding success.

And I'll give the author some credit for finding other MVP candidates besides the same ol QBs.

I always thought of him as a pass blocker first. In his 8 games with significant PT for us (7 as starter) he did not allow a single sack. He was so good at reading where the blitz was coming from. I was sorry to see him get traded.

I think going against the Bills defense in practice is what made him good. As McD says, players come to Buffalo to become the best versions of themselves.

9 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

I always thought of him as a pass blocker first. In his 8 games with significant PT for us (7 as starter) he did not allow a single sack. He was so good at reading where the blitz was coming from. I was sorry to see him get traded.

I think going against the Bills defense in practice is what made him good. As McD says, players come to Buffalo to become the best versions of themselves.

It's honestly easy for centers and guards to pass block in the NFL compared to run block

Most guards only give up couple sacks a year, they're constantly doubling people

Wyatt teller  was always a road grader

• Thank you (+1) 1