Per today's GM Call Titans likely to be made an example of by NFL...

Big Turk

46 minutes ago, Returntoglory said:

Then I suppose it also must include castration, beheading, Forty lashes with a wet noodle, having to watch a continues loop of Scott Norwoods wide right....

"Come on Man"! 😉

So you did not intend forfeit as one option?   What did it include?  Let’s have some teasonableness and consider the options the commissioner laid out which includes lost picks, fines, suspensions and forfeits as possible punishments .   It did not include that other nonsense you are throwing out there.  It was absolutely reasonable  to assume forfeit was on the table given your strong words and the reasonable happening in nfl circles.   You should be more specific in the future if you are going to get all offended when you leave something open ended.  

You could have responded with “ I don’t agree with a forfeit but they should lose two first round picks” and clear up your vague statement.  

Come on man!!!!

If the Titans are the one team threatening the NFL season and it turns out after investigation it is because they failed to act appropriately in managing an outbreak then I would suspend their membership of the league, revoke their 3 wins and give those games to the teams they beat and give everyone still to play them a free victory. A further result of their suspension means 0 draft picks in the 2021 draft though I'd let them sign FAs and UDFAs. 

It is why they would never in reality let me administer a sports league. Because I am a regulator who actually believes in regulating. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

58 minutes ago, mattynh said:

So you did not intend forfeit as one option?   What did it include?  Let’s have some teasonableness and consider the options the commissioner laid out which includes lost picks, fines, suspensions and forfeits as possible punishments .   It did not include that other nonsense you are throwing out there.  It was absolutely reasonable  to assume forfeit was on the table given your strong words and the reasonable happening in nfl circles.   You should be more specific in the future if you are going to get all offended when you leave something open ended.  

You could have responded with “ I don’t agree with a forfeit but they should lose two first round picks” and clear up your vague statement.  

Come on man!!!!

Dude. You've got entirely too much time on your hands. 

Next time I contemplate responding to a post, I'll be sure to solicit your opinion as to what I should say. 

Now COME ON MAN!!!!

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

If the Titans are the one team threatening the NFL season and it turns out after investigation it is because they failed to act appropriately in managing an outbreak then I would suspend their membership of the league, revoke their 3 wins and give those games to the teams they beat and give everyone still to play them a free victory. A further result of their suspension means 0 draft picks in the 2021 draft though I'd let them sign FAs and UDFAs. 

It is why they would never in reality let me administer a sports league. Because I am a regulator who actually believes in regulating. 

I just said the same exact thing to my wife.  👍🏻Teams wouldn’t **** around.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Returntoglory said:

Dude. You've got entirely too much time on your hands. 

Next time I contemplate responding to a post, I'll be sure to solicit your opinion as to what I should say. 

Now COME ON MAN!!!!

Think it through next time.  You can do it!

37 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Also, we should get their draft picks for life since it is technically a life or death situation, correct?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Returntoglory said:

I love when people mention the word "Fair".

This team has blatantly disregarded league rules in regards to COVID-19 and put many people at risk, both on and off the field, and they were sat down as a group in a team meeting and were briefed!
"

The Tennessee Titans were informed on Sept. 29 that in-person gatherings had been banned because of the organization's ongoing coronavirus outbreak, a league source told ESPN's Dan Graziano, meaning that the players' informal workouts the following day were unauthorized and a violation of the NFL's virus-related protocols.

A group of Titans players held a workout at a Nashville school on Sept. 30, one day after the organization closed its facility. The Titans have had 23 positive tests for COVID-19 since Sept. 24, with another player testing positive for the virus Thursday, according to ESPN and reports."

Screw what's fair. Whatever punishment the receive, regardless of how severe it may appear to some, is deserved.

I know if I was playing against this team I would not want to take the chance of lining up or tackling.

"Fair". Pfffftttttt.....

yup. Fair was them following the rules that everyone else is. 

this isn’t bending slightly or a few chuckleheads... it was full scale organizational defiance that will cost the league money, players money and puts health at risk. 

it’s going to be a historic consequence.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

this isn’t bending slightly or a few chuckleheads... it was full scale organizational defiance that will cost the league money, players money and puts health at risk. 

it’s going to be a historic consequence.

Well put NoSaint!

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, mattynh said:

would you want that?

Yes, rather than exposing the Bills' team to possible infection.

34 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

it’s going to be a historic consequence.

I hope you're right, but I have my reservations...

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, mattynh said:

Unprecedented, all the other leagues are also dealing with Covid, which ones are using forfeits?  I am obviously in the minority here....I don't want a free win, I want to earn them.....and I dont say that like I am part of the Bills, that is how I personally live my life.

Well, looks like we are gettin the chance.  These next two teams were the hottest in the league for most of the year last season would be ok to split wins, unbelievably great if we could sweep.

Never thought i'd say this but Tuesday Night Football here come the Bills !

1 hour ago, BarleyNY said:

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2912543-report-sentiment-among-nfl-teams-titans-should-forfeit-vs-bills-after-outbreak.amp.html

Looks like a lot of people want the Titans to forfeit.  That surprises me, but it’s out there.  Looks like the punishment will be severe. 

I’ll believe it when I see it.  I think it’s wrist slaps and whacks with wet noodles for all

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I’ll believe it when I see it.  I think it’s wrist slaps and whacks with wet noodles for all

So far we just seem to have speculation. I'm with you. Just have to wait and see.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Financial penalties are a joke. We hear $250k and think it’s devastating! A fortune!

It’s a drop in the bucket, half of what a backup LB gets signed for mid-season. 

Crazy times......

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Curious on your thoughts on a 2 game suspension for players who attended off campus practices. 2 games because they’ve had to reschedule two games. 

Granted that could be 30 players since it sounds like there were 3 positional practices. But that’s a different problem that needs a different solution all together.