Per today's GM Call Titans likely to be made an example of by NFL...

Big Turk

6 minutes ago, Logic said:

Titans fans on Twitter are being absolute garbage people about the whole situation, as well.

None of them seem to be mad at the Titans or their coaches whatsoever. They're all mad at the reporters who cover the team for being "rats".

The players themselves don't seem to have much contrition, either.

Sad that one team can jeopardize the entire NFL season with its carelessness.

I wouldn’t expect anything less of the Tennessee fans, organization or players. They are all embarrassing. 

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

so yesterdays news deserves a new. topic of witch people are mostly explaining everything in the first topic? i suggest a merge or lock. we dont need to topics of everyone talking same stuff

Kind of jumping the gun on Halloween, no?

33 minutes ago, Saint Doug said:

I also believe that Goodell should not force a forfeitsure upon the Titans. In the essence of the word, this decision has to come from the Titans. Give them the option of playing in Buffalo with players who have never tested positive. This may mean that they don’t have enough players to cover all positions or that some will be playing offense and defense. Not our problem. If the Titans do not think this is feasible, then they can forfeit. 

A positive Covid test should be no different than an injury. If you have key players at key positions that can’t play, there’s no NFL clause that kicks in that allows teams to reschedule a game. 

A positive Covid test from purposefully delinquent behavior contrary to rules in place are not the same as an injury by any measure. Consequences for ones actions is what is in order here, and not some Namby Pamby slap on the wrist c-rap. Real life isn’t fair, if you don’t believe me ask a bills fan...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, matter2003 said:

2 GM's anonymously stated that Titans and Raiders to a lesser extent were significantly featured in slides of behaviors that are specifically in violation of COVID protocols and the sense was they were about to face significant penalties. Both GM's were in favor of significant penalties as well...

Also, and this is important, both the NFL AND NFLPA believe the Titans violated the policies in place.

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-titans-likely-to-face-league-discipline-for-safety-protocol-violations-found-in-covid-investigation-221142734.html

this was yesterdays news for starters. secondly i have sources.. you have sources we all have sources may be true or not true. this looks more like a "look at me look at me" article then anything else.

we all have already one big 80 plus thread that we should all retreat to i stead of repeating same stuff in 2 threads...

Edited by PrimeTime101

43 minutes ago, Saint Doug said:

I also believe that Goodell should not force a forfeitsure upon the Titans. In the essence of the word, this decision has to come from the Titans. Give them the option of playing in Buffalo with players who have never tested positive. This may mean that they don’t have enough players to cover all positions or that some will be playing offense and defense. Not our problem. If the Titans do not think this is feasible, then they can forfeit. 

A positive Covid test should be no different than an injury. If you have key players at key positions that can’t play, there’s no NFL clause that kicks in that allows teams to reschedule a game. 

This is the most logical thing I have heard about this. Unlike the Pats last week they can not move the game to Monday unless they move Thursday's game to Sunday. Of course they could just make us play on Monday and Thursday and if we don't like it we can forfeit. Despite the fact that the Titans are the ones that broke the rules somehow the NFL will find a way to screw us on this

2 hours ago, eee1776 said:

I am in favor of the NFL making a week 18. There are going to be more circumstance like this before the end of the season. all postponed games play in week 18 and then push playoffs back one week if the tv folks agree with this.

So, how do the titans play two games in one day?

31 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

I have a solution. Rather than play the game, have a throwing competition between Tannehill and Allen. That seems a fair way to settle it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

If they have to forfeit then they have to forfeit. The Titans were given the same information and protocols as every other team. They have also already been warned several times and have already had to have a game rescheduled because they're violating league-wide protocol. If the NFL wants to show that they're serious about this stuff then a forfeit might be the way to go. They did it to themselves. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

this was yesterdays news for starters. secondly i have sources.. you have sources we all have sources may be true or not true. this looks more like a "look at me look at me" article then anything else.

we all have already one big 80 plus thread that we should all retreat to i stead of repeating same stuff in 2 threads...

Maybe we should actually have separate threads for specific topics instead of one 90 page thread where you have to search through it to find what you are looking for.

3 hours ago, mattynh said:

would you want that?

What I want is to get a full NFL season in and for teams/players violating the protocols EVERYbody agreed on to feel serious pressure here. No other way to do that than hit them in their wallets. 

2 hours ago, Dragoon said:

Take away their 3rd round draft pick and that’ll send shockwaves. 

Make it two pics, and give one to the Steelers, and one to the Bills.  NOBODY wants to play the TITANS now.

12 minutes ago, jimmy10 said:

What I want is to get a full NFL season in and for teams/players violating the protocols EVERYbody agreed on to feel serious pressure here. No other way to do that than hit them in their wallets. 

I heard on TV today that players do not get paid for canceled  games.  I hope that would not included the Bills in this case as they are not at fault in event of a cancellation.  Tenn should loose TV revenue for the game not played imho.

I don't want to win by forefeit.  Two reasons:  1)  the Bills are having a great season and don't want to have anything on their record that anyone could question the legitimacy of; and 2) I really like watching the Bills pay on Sundays and would like to so do this Sunday.  It's one of the things I enjoy more than almost anything - perhaps my favorite thing to do (particularly this year, when they are really good and very entertaining).

That said, I don't think the league should subject the Bills players to the risk of contracting COVID from the Titans and it seems like postponing the game will wreak havoc on the NFL schedule, given the Bills' next game is on a Thursday and the Titans have a game scheduled during the Bills' bye week.  Changing the schedule could also impact other teams like the Chiefs, etc.  So a forefeit probably is the most sensible thing to do.  It would give the Bills the added benefit of some extra rest and preparation for the Chiefs (and the defense is pretty banged up right now and could use it), but again, I don't want the legitimacy of any Bills wins questioned down the pike.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Maybe we should actually have separate threads for specific topics instead of one 90 page thread where you have to search through it to find what you are looking for.

this topic would of been closed early if caught in time. nice try though bud

we talking about the exact same stuff in threads

Edited by PrimeTime101

The NFL has protocols for all sorts of things. If you don't follow them, there are, have been, and always will be, consequences.

Players need to get the message, the NFLs covid protocol behaviours, need to be viewed in a similar light to their drug testing. Do the right thing, or get punished.

Ideally, you want all the games to be played. It's the easiest way to be fair to everybody. Thing is, this season, that simply isn't going to happen.

It already has had a couple of disruptions, with the Steelers game being postponed, and the Chiefs game moved to Monday night.

The Steelers having to take an early bye week, is probably already unfair on them.

Where do you get to the point when you can't fit all the games in? On the current schedule, it looks to be about now.

either this week or last, Peter King made the point that however this season goes, someone, somewhere will end up getting the rough end of the stick. This season will not be normal, and there will be times when a team gets treated unfairly, and if we want a season at all, we are just going to have to grin and bear it - whoever it might be.

About the only chance the Bills/Titans game has of being played, is for it to be Monday or Tuesday, with the subsequent Bills/Chiefs game moved back to the weekend.

I'm not so sure the NFL wants to move the Bills/Chiefs, and for good reason - if there were fans at games, currently it would be the hottest ticket in town., and any neutral fans, are probably salivating at the potential matchup between Mahomes and Allen. It's a Thursday Night game that could generate huge numbers, and you can be sure the networks and NFL are aware of it, as will the Owners and GMs of teams.

I can see the Titans being made to forfeit the game, from several different standpoints. Safety, Disciplinary, Practical, and also Commercial.

How that is then handled, is anybodies guess, but I can see it being (now) the most likely outcome.