Per today's GM Call Titans likely to be made an example of by NFL...

Big Turk

Just now, Wayne Cubed said:

But what if we didn’t. We might be close and miss out. You just don’t know.

Look, the Titans messed up, big time. They need to be punished. I’m just not sure giving another team a win for a game that was never played, just so every team had 16 games played, makes sense. 

But then that gives us an unfair advantage over every other team. If they go by win %, and we have less games played but equal wins, we win that tie breaker.

So to play the Reverse Uno card on you, what if they "cancel" a Pats game and we both have 11 wins at the end? They'll have a win % of of 73%, and ours will be 69% (ha, nice).

There isnt a perfect answer to this.

• Like (+1) 4

I also believe that Goodell should not force a forfeitsure upon the Titans. In the essence of the word, this decision has to come from the Titans. Give them the option of playing in Buffalo with players who have never tested positive. This may mean that they don’t have enough players to cover all positions or that some will be playing offense and defense. Not our problem. If the Titans do not think this is feasible, then they can forfeit. 

A positive Covid test should be no different than an injury. If you have key players at key positions that can’t play, there’s no NFL clause that kicks in that allows teams to reschedule a game. 

Edited by Saint Doug

13 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Your feelings-based argument asked how people would feel if NE got a forfeit win. Since we're making up scenarios and NE isn't in line for one, I chose to ground your hypothetical in reality and gave the bills (and steelers ftr) forfeit victories. 

The reality that hasn’t happened? Please do explain more of your reality of how the Steelers/Bills have gotten forfeit wins, when in fact they haven’t... very grounded that.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

But then that gives us an unfair advantage over every other team. If they go by win %, and we have less games played but equal wins, we win that tie breaker.

So to play the Reverse Uno card on you, what if they "cancel" a Pats game and we both have 11 wins at the end? They'll have a win % of of 73%, and ours will be 69% (ha, nice).

There isnt a perfect answer to this.

I agree there isn’t a prefect answer, well that’s been thought of yet.

• Like (+1) 1

I love when people mention the word "Fair".

This team has blatantly disregarded league rules in regards to COVID-19 and put many people at risk, both on and off the field, and they were sat down as a group in a team meeting and were briefed!
"

The Tennessee Titans were informed on Sept. 29 that in-person gatherings had been banned because of the organization's ongoing coronavirus outbreak, a league source told ESPN's Dan Graziano, meaning that the players' informal workouts the following day were unauthorized and a violation of the NFL's virus-related protocols.

A group of Titans players held a workout at a Nashville school on Sept. 30, one day after the organization closed its facility. The Titans have had 23 positive tests for COVID-19 since Sept. 24, with another player testing positive for the virus Thursday, according to ESPN and reports."

Screw what's fair. Whatever punishment the receive, regardless of how severe it may appear to some, is deserved.

I know if I was playing against this team I would not want to take the chance of lining up or tackling.

"Fair". Pfffftttttt.....

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

So let’s say it happens to the Pats, late in the season, and puts them in the playoffs and keeps the Bills out, that’s ok?

Jesus man get a grip, the titans demonstrated a total Failure of protocol. I’m cool with that team forfeiting all of their games even ones they may have already won. Stop crying about how that might unfairly effect the season. It’s too late for that. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Rocbillsfan1 said:

Jesus man get a grip, the titans demonstrated a total Failure of protocol. I’m cool with that team forfeiting all of their games even ones they may have already won. Stop crying about how that might unfairly effect the season. It’s too late for that. 

Glad you recognize that I am in fact Jesus.

• Haha (+1) 1

I don't like the idea of a forfeit. I think the Titans need to play the game as scheduled in Buffalo with none of the players who tested positive and only players who have tested continually tested negative and not had contact with other players with the last 10 days. 

Does Allen get 300 yards and 3 TD's added to his stats if they forfeit?  You know, his average numbers....

1 minute ago, jeremy2020 said:

I don't like the idea of a forfeit. I think the Titans need to play the game as scheduled in Buffalo with none of the players who tested positive and only players who have tested continually tested negative and not had contact with other players with the last 10 days. 

The problem is more guys come up positive everyday......the game cant be played until that gets under control

4 minutes ago, mattynh said:

Does Allen get 300 yards and 3 TD's added to his stats if they forfeit?  You know, his average numbers....

The problem is more guys come up positive everyday......the game cant be played until that gets under control

It will be like the lore of OJ running for 2k yards in 14 games. When he throws for 5500 yards in 15 games he will be a legend. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, eee1776 said:

I am in favor of the NFL making a week 18. There are going to be more circumstance like this before the end of the season. all postponed games play in week 18 and then push playoffs back one week if the tv folks agree with this.

And if you are in playoffs but need to play week 18 but another playoff team does not they get a bye before playoffs to get healthy.  Not fair to team doing it right.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

That is only fair thing.  And no Bills contact Titans players except in game action - none of nonsense in last MNF game for Chiefs whose players knew there was possible exposure on P*ts team.

2 hours ago, mattynh said:

would you want that?

In a perfect world, no, but I certainly do not want the health of the Bills players put at risk by making them play the Titans this week.  The Titans deserve the loss for the recklessness of the players and the organization.  A failure of leadership IMO.  

Titans fans on Twitter are being absolute garbage people about the whole situation, as well.

None of them seem to be mad at the Titans or their coaches whatsoever. They're all mad at the reporters who cover the team for being "rats".

The players themselves don't seem to have much contrition, either.

Sad that one team can jeopardize the entire NFL season with its carelessness.

• Like (+1) 3

32 minutes ago, Saint Doug said:

Give them the option of playing in Buffalo with players who have never tested positive. This may mean that they don’t have enough players to cover all positions or that some will be playing offense and defense. Not our problem. If the Titans do not think this is feasible, then they can forfeit. 

Hell yeah iron man football!