Per today's GM Call Titans likely to be made an example of by NFL...

Big Turk

26 minutes ago, eee1776 said:

I am in favor of the NFL making a week 18. There are going to be more circumstance like this before the end of the season. all postponed games play in week 18 and then push playoffs back one week if the tv folks agree with this.

For the folks saying add a Week 18 to the Regular Season schedule what happens if the Titans or the Bills (or an opponent of the Bills or Titans) have a significant number of personnel with positive Covid tests in future weeks.  How many more matches can you reschedule for 1 team.  Do you add a Week 19, 20, 21.

I don't want to see the Bills travelling to Nashville.  Play it Sunday afternoon on a neutral site.  

38 minutes ago, eee1776 said:

I am in favor of the NFL making a week 18. There are going to be more circumstance like this before the end of the season. all postponed games play in week 18 and then push playoffs back one week if the tv folks agree with this.

OK. What happens if a team misses more than 1 game? Then you just make a Week 19? Week 20?  The NFL almost CANNOT move the date for the Super Bowl since it is tied to so many other functions, corporations, etc so that is a no go in their eyes.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, matter2003 said:

Per agreement before the season No.  The teams are not required to pay the players in this situation for games not played.  However, it is vague in saying whether it is up to the team to decide whether to pay them or not or if they cannot do so.

Let's look further up the money stream.  Do the TV contracts call for a reduction in money to the NFL from the networks?  I can see why they would do so -- lost ad revenue for the network -- but if the league (and the teams) isn't going to lose any TV money, they should pay the players.

2 minutes ago, peterlaw said:

For the folks saying add a Week 18 to the Regular Season schedule what happens if the Titans or the Bills (or an opponent of the Bills or Titans) have a significant number of personnel with positive Covid tests in future weeks.  How many more matches can you reschedule for 1 team.  Do you add a Week 19, 20, 21.

I don't want to see the Bills travelling to Nashville.  Play it Sunday afternoon on a neutral site.  

The NFL is unwilling to move the SB Date unless it is an absolute last resort and that would mean something more serious like a SB team having a COVID outbreak the week before the game or something.

1 minute ago, Utah John said:

Let's look further up the money stream.  Do the TV contracts call for a reduction in money to the NFL from the networks?  I can see why they would do so -- lost ad revenue for the network -- but if the league (and the teams) isn't going to lose any TV money, they should pay the players.

I don't agree that the offending team should get paid if they are the ones who caused it due to their negligence.

The NFL is unwilling to move the SB Date unless it is an absolute last resort and that would mean something more serious like a SB team having a COVID outbreak the week before the game or something.

I don't agree that the offending team should get paid if they are the ones who caused it due to their negligence.

I agree about the offending team not getting paid.  The question was whether the Bills players would be paid.

4 minutes ago, peterlaw said:

Every 4 weeks, starting with week 8, the NFL should have a bye week to hold make up games and let teams rest.

Those that are against getting a WIN by forfeit need to lighten up.  We’ve been screwed by the league countless times, most recently a “blindside block” by Cody ford on a potentially game winning play.  

I’ll take all the gimmes they want to throw our way. The world isn’t always fair.  If other teams cry about it, **** them.  I could care less.  I’ll take a win while our players heal up and aren’t at risk to further injury all day, every day.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

OK. What happens if a team misses more than 1 game? Then you just make a Week 19? Week 20?  The NFL almost CANNOT move the date for the Super Bowl since it is tied to so many other functions, corporations, etc so that is a no go in their eyes.

I was listening to the D.A. show on CBS Sports Radio and they said the NFL rented out Raymond James Stadium every Sunday in February for any contingencies 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Stads said:

I was listening to the D.A. show on CBS Sports Radio and they said the NFL rented out Raymond James Stadium every Sunday in February for any contingencies 

The contingency is a last resort and not because a team screws up during the year by not following protocols...more like if the 2 teams playing in the SB have outbreaks the week before the game.

3 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Compensatory draft picks is my suggestion.  You're not going to like the recipient, however.  😕

I think the team will be punished in a football way, not a financial way.

I.E., as you say, they might take away draft picks or something like that.

4 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Do you know for a fact that the Nfl can’t move the Super Bowl?  Considering we’re in a pandemic, there’s only a small fraction of the convention business there usually is. I’m pretty sure they’d be able to change it during this time and the amount of $ involved.  

2 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

The contingency is a last resort and not because a team screws up during the year by not following protocols...more like if the 2 teams playing in the SB have outbreaks the week before the game.

Do you know for a fact what the contingency is?  

I’m not disagreeing with you, but you seem to be guessing.  

9 minutes ago, Utah John said:

That is the right question.  The TV contracts are undoubtedly very complicated and we just don’t know the answer at this point.  Nor do we know what rights the teams would have to claw back (or withhold) money from the players...

Just now, NewEra said:

Do you know for a fact what the contingency is?  

I’m not disagreeing with you, but you seem to be guessing.  

There was another article I read that went more in depth about how the NFL moving the SB is pretty much off the table within league circles unless absolutely necessary...will try and locate and will post if I find it

1 hour ago, Wayne Cubed said:

I’ve stated it before but I don’t want the Bills to have a forfeited win. The Bills shouldn’t be given an advantage because the scheduling of when they aren’t meant to play the Titans, no team should. 

For all the fans that want the forfeit, would you be ok if the Patriots got a forfeited and the Bills miss out on winning the division by 1 game? What about if the Bills were to miss out on the number 1 seed in the AFC because another team got a forfeited win?

Please you can’t be serious right?