Per today's GM Call Titans likely to be made an example of by NFL...

Big Turk

2 GM's anonymously stated that Titans and Raiders to a lesser extent were significantly featured in slides of behaviors that are specifically in violation of COVID protocols and the sense was they were about to face significant penalties. Both GM's were in favor of significant penalties as well...

Also, and this is important, both the NFL AND NFLPA believe the Titans violated the policies in place.

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-titans-likely-to-face-league-discipline-for-safety-protocol-violations-found-in-covid-investigation-221142734.html

Edited by matter2003
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

1 minute ago, mattynh said:

would you want that?

Hell yes, win with no injuries or even wear and tear? Sign me up, I get the competitive aspect of it but overall it would be such a huge advantage for the Bills to get a win/bye for free into the hardest game of the season

• Like (+1) 11
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, mattynh said:

would you want that?

While not ideal, I'd rather do that than either:

A.) lose our week 11 bye, or

B.) Have to play them week 18 and lose a potential week of rest before the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 22
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CLTbills said:

While not ideal, I'd rather do that than either:

A.) lose our week 11 bye, or

B.) Have to play them week 18 and lose a potential week of rest before the playoffs.

I hate the idea of getting a win (or a loss) by forfeit, ********************************************

There are other options, go by win % and play 15 games vs give one team a loss and one a win.  They could decide what to do later.  If a bunch of other games end up in this same situation, then an 18th week is more reasonable.  I said this before the season, get ready for an unfair season. But I was figuring different teams would play different amounts of games and they would go by win%.   Win by forfeiture is cheap and will be seen as cheap by the public.  I say that with the understanding the Titans screwed up.....I still dont like it.

6 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Hell yes, win with no injuries or even wear and tear? Sign me up, I get the competitive aspect of it but overall it would be such a huge advantage for the Bills to get a win/bye for free into the hardest game of the season

And that woudl be fair to the OTHER teams, not talkign about the Titans....how would you feel if the NFL starts gifting wins to the Pats.

8 minutes ago, mattynh said:

would you want that?

why not? In other years there are games that are basically forfeits if one team had a rash of injuries or is just flat awful.  Different circumstances but titans are basically an injured squad 

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

why not? In other years there are games that are basically forfeits if one team had a rash of injuries or is just flat awful.  Different circumstances but titans are basically an injured squad 

I disagree with the bolded completely.  I have never seen a forfeit in major sports, are there examples?

And why not?  Because its not fair to the other 30 teams

Edited by mattynh
  • Like (+1) 1

I don’t want a forfeit win, but given the very abnormal circumstances, I can’t provide a good enough reason why it shouldn’t be the prudent thing to do. Let’s get away from all the stats, fantasy football, bragging rights angles. We’re in a pandemic. The team that we are to play next week was grossly negligent in their handling of the NFL’s protocol. We didn’t ask for this. They did. The Commish has specifically said forfeiture is on the table. It should be used to not only keep players safe, but also to continue the NFL season as intended. 

Edited by Saint Doug
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, mattynh said:

I disagree with the bolded completely.  I have never seen a forfeit in major sports, are there examples?

And why not?  Because its not fair to the other 30 teams

I Googled it earlier today. There has never in NFL history been an actual forfeit. Never.

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

the biggest drawback would be no Bill's football this weekend. 

• Like (+1) 2

I've thought about this, and if the Bills did it, I would understand if they had to forfeit.  The league just can't keep accommodating teams that violate the rules.  On some level, the Bills would get a break because maybe their game could have been rescheduled instead of the Steelers game, so who knows.

Either way, I think the NFL should add a bye week in Week 18, but the Titans have already gotten their pass with the re-schedule

• Like (+1) 3