CHRIS SIMMS CONFIRMED JOSH ALLEN FANBOY

Great thing is he is not a convert.  He’s been there from early on with Josh.

...converts can come in, too, just leave your mea culpa at the door and remember to tip your waitresses.

Simms paraphrase, “they’ll compliment him, but they’ll s**t on him two times before they get there...it pisses me off.”  ❤️

Key

to

The

City

on

Chris

SIMMS

Day

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Chris Simms seems to really know QB. 

Too bad when he played he was not as knowledgeable. 

Unlike Frank Reich and Alex Van Pelt who seemed to have the game well thought and our starting QB may be least knowledgeable of the three.

Reich's team is doing well and from what I saw in Browns game their offense has improved.

i’ll never forget Phil Simms taking a lot of crap on the CBS set for defending the Bills drafting of Josh Allen.  Phil was the biggest Josh Allen fan coming out of the draft and never wavered.  i think Chris is second on that list.  they knew better than most and i respect that. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Juice_32 said:

I don’t care what you thought about him coming out of college (I was hesitant), or if you think he’s a shooting star right now. He certainly seems like a guy you would hope your daughter would marry. 

I pray he’s the real deal in life and on the field......for a long, long time! 

• Like (+1) 1

Simms has been Josh's cheerleader since day 1 and it is refreshing. Truthfully....I just think Josh's attitude, leadership, talent  and "growth" mindset is absolutely phenomenal and speaks to what he is now and even more what he will consistently become.

• Like (+1) 1

Kiper and the Simms duo deserve some respect for sticking with 17 from the start.

In fairness to everyone who didnt believe in Josh (I definitely was worried a lot along the way) he really is an exception to the rule, drafting strong armed qb's with inadequate college pedigrees-- its rare to hit on ANY qb much less one with Josh's resume.

The best thing is a franchise qb can be around for 15+ years, and you're always fun to watch.  We deserve it.

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, zow2 said:

i’ll never forget Phil Simms taking a lot of crap on the CBS set for defending the Bills drafting of Josh Allen.  Phil was the biggest Josh Allen fan coming out of the draft and never wavered.  i think Chris is second on that list.  they knew better than most and i respect that. 

Simms is my favorite NFL commentator.  His pre-draft breakdowns have been exceptional, and he’s correctly predicted big success for a lot guys who were not as highly touted by other draft experts, Josh Allen being only one example.

2 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

...converts can come in, too, just leave your mea culpa at the door and remember to tip your waitresses.

Simms paraphrase, “they’ll compliment him, but they’ll s**t on him two times before they get there...it pisses me off.”  ❤️

Key

to

The

City

on

Chris

SIMMS

Day

With an avatar like Brick (EDIT: Tamland) and a thread title in all caps I expected more.  As in, "I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!" OR "LOUD NOISES!"

Edited by BillsVet
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Is he one of those guys that loves and says good things about all the QBs though? I do recall him before the 2018 draft calling Lamar Jackson the best QB in the draft but don't recall exactly where he had Allen ranked. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Is he one of those guys that loves and says good things about all the QBs though? I do recall him before the 2018 draft calling Lamar Jackson the best QB in the draft but don't recall exactly where he had Allen ranked. 

Sammy, he really might be, maybe even probably, but I just know he was effusive about Allen.

2 hours ago, The 9 Isles said:

Chris Simms getting pissed off about nerdy analysts sticking to predraft negative opinions about Josh Allen is pure gold. 

It really is.  You could see his blood pressure climbing to the point where he had to check himself and get his composure when talking about the haters. 

gold.

2 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Chris Simms seems to really know QB. 

Too bad when he played he was not as knowledgeable. 

He was knowledgeable then.  He couldn’t physically execute on a consistent basis compared to others at the pro level.  Like Muhammad Ali said after he fought Larry Holmes, he could see when Holmes was about to throw a punch.  He just couldn’t get out the way.  He could see an opening when he should throw a punch, but he couldn’t let it go quickly enough.  

No matter how much knowledge one has in a sport the body still has to be able to execute it.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, The 9 Isles said:

Chris Simms getting pissed off about nerdy analysts sticking to predraft negative opinions about Josh Allen is pure gold. 

Yes and Simms is talking mostly about PFF there and barely hiding it. Love it and Simms is no recent convert as others have said above - he’s believed for a while that Allen would be great.

He nailed a lot of my same frustrations about Josh Allen critiques, there’s always a “yeah but.” I watched Mahomes make 4-5 or more awful passes; overthrows, underthrows, the whole gamut during the NE game.  I get it, the guy win a Super Bowl, but if Allen made those throws it would be, “there’s Wyoming Allen.” He’s given such a minimal room for error for a 24-year-old quarterback.
I know we Bills fans have a lot of pent up rage for the decades of ineptitude, and all the national jokes at our expense. We finally have something to be excited for, and there’s still a measure of over-scrutinization. 
Let’s hope to god this is our year of retribution. 

• Like (+1) 1