Don't look now but the Bills defense is 20th in the NFL in yards!

FireChans

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/buf/2020.htm

A quarter of the way through the season and the Bills D is 20th in yards allowed, 17th in points allowed, all while being 6th in starting field position.

Thank god the Bills offense is 5th in points and 4th in yards, despite being 28th in rushing yards. McD's masterplan to get Josh Allen his first MVP is succeeding so far.

• Like (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, FireChans said:

A quarter of the way through the season and the Bills D is 20th in yards allowed, 17th in points allowed, all while being 6th in starting field position.

Thank god the Bills offense is 5th in points and 4th in yards, despite being 28th in rushing yards. McD's masterplan to get Josh Allen his first MVP is succeeding so far.

Teams in comeback mode after falling behind early. Not worried about the defense yet.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Teams in comeback mode after falling behind early. Not worried about the defense yet.

This.  They have been fairly solid in first half of games.  The lack of passion rush hurts them when teams are on comeback mode...that needs to be fixed...but otherwise classic bend but don't break. 

40 minutes ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

Is Frazier feeling any heat?  If they let him go, would Sean just step in, or name a replacement?

Kinda like the Heat Daboll was supposed to be feeling coming into this season?

Preseason just ended and they are rounding into form. 
     Norman helps and we have to address the pass rush for sure. 
    Any Epenesa sightings lately🤔

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, 17islongenough said:

I think that second half in Vegas is going to be the defense we get going forward.   

From your keyboard to somewhere on the internet where the football gods listen.  Or any god.  I'll take a demi-god for gods sakes!

3 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Yeah the problem is they actually let the other team come back. Dolphins, Rams, even the Raiders for a little while there, all got back into the game after trailing by 2 scores. The defense was saved by Josh Allen doing Josh Allen things. You should be worried about the defense. They're playing at a below average level. This defense with last year's offense doesn't reach the playoffs.

I haven't seen a snap all season 😕 I've been following on the board here during games. Is it all three lvls of the D or where are the problems coming from ? The last few yrs the D bailed them out quite a bit. How is there such a big swing ?

4 hours ago, 17islongenough said:

I think that second half in Vegas is going to be the defense we get going forward.   

Yea I hope. They also had a phenomenal 1st half vs Rams . They just need to put together 4 quarters. And 

I thought they'd be dominant with the continuity. Milano being injured is going to hurt.

I was in the Gameday thread for the 1st half vs LV and Edmunds was getting ripped apart. Many saying he regressed big time. Anyone care to expand on that? I know he was out of position a couple of times in the pass game but I thought it was more on the DL giving Carr all day , in the 1st half. Curious why ppl specifically thought Edmunds was an issue

38 minutes ago, Dub said:

I haven't seen a snap all season 😕 I've been following on the board here during games. Is it all three lvls of the D or where are the problems coming from ? The last few yrs the D bailed them out quite a bit. How is there such a big swing ?

It's all three levels. No pass rush.  Edmunds again taking bad angles.  Run Dis interesting and has been all year. They are stout one play and then get gashed for 10+ on another.  That seems to fit the narrative of not getting to their run fits and playing bad angles.  Even White has given up some yards and a score or two but the opposition has mostly targeted Levi and Taron. Milano when healthy has been great. Hyde and Hughes have been as well.  

That said, the pass rush got better in the second half last week.  The run D got better.  And they forced two fumbles - one a strip sack.  

If I'm Beane I still try to add an edge pass rusher especially with Milano out for some time.  

4 hours ago, FireChans said:

11th in yard per play and 11th in takeaways.  They are not giving up the big play.  And the last game they forced a few turnovers.  

Add an edge pass rusher and give the DL rotation a bit more time to come together.