Confirmed: Titans broke protocol by gathering for workout last week

YoloinOhio

I have a big problem if the Bills are forced to move this game to Week 18.    If they've already secured a wildcard slot, making them travel and play Week 18 runs the risk of incurring extra wear and tear or a key injury.   And if their Widcard opponent doesn't play that week, obviously a big disadvantage in terms of preparation and rest.   

The Titans game has to be made up well before the end of the season, preferably in the bye week.   If not, I see a big problem with competitive balance...

22 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Either Mike Vrabel knew nothing about this and has no control of his team, or he did know about it and the Cheating Coach apple doesnt fall far from the tree.

Not a good look either way.

Considering that Vrabel is a Belicheck (oops - "Belicheat") disciple -- I think that the former is much more likely.  

3 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I have a big problem if the Bills are forced to move this game to Week 18.    If they've already secured a wildcard slot, making them travel and play Week 18 runs the risk of incurring extra wear and tear or a key injury.   And if their Widcard opponent doesn't play that week, obviously a big disadvantage in terms of preparation and rest.   

The Titans game has to be made up well before the end of the season, preferably in the bye week.   If not, I see a big problem with competitive balance...

If that turns out to be the scenario, I'd just no-show them.

25 minutes ago, Process said:

I am all for suspensions, fines, loss of draft picks etc. But I don't see how any bills fan could possibly root for a forfeit. So stupid. Punish the hell out of the them but find a time to play the game.

Because I dont want our team infected by them nor do I feel they should be inconvenienced by a schedule change or multiple changes even.  

6 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

How is it fair to the rest of the league that these guys have ignored protocol at least twice?  The alternative is they play and potentially spread covid through the rest of the league, or the league has to change everyones schedule around?  How is that fair?

There is no fairness no matter what you do now because these guys were unfair to the entire league.  Hence... they should just forfeit their entire season.

Oh I’m not arguing they shouldn’t forfeit their whole season. I think they were unfair to the entire league. I think with this situation it wouldn’t be fair to the teams that did follow protocol to give a win to the Bills but then force other teams to actually play the Titans. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Lurker said:

There is an element of unfairness to it, as you point out, but moving it to week 18 isn't a bad option.  (The Bills do get the benefit of an extra bye week during the season.)  There is a decent chance that the game won't mean anything in terms of the playoffs, in which case it can just be cancelled.  

21 minutes ago, {::'KayCeeS::} said:

Say what you want about New England, but imagine if players on that team started tweeting taunts like this during their cheating scandals?  Belicheck would have ***** down their throats, ripped out those throats, and then finally cut them.

Yeah at least they are dignified when they cheat.

If they don't forfeit this game, then they should start with suspending the coach, and losing multiple first round pics.  They didn't follow protocol during a highly dangerous period, and possible put many people and their families at risk.  JMO.

11 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

How is it fair to the rest of the league that these guys have ignored protocol at least twice?  The alternative is they play and potentially spread covid through the rest of the league, or the league has to change everyones schedule around?  How is that fair?

There is no fairness no matter what you do now because these guys were unfair to the entire league.  Hence... they should just forfeit their entire season.

What would you do about the draft in that situation, set them to the 32nd pick in each round?  I'm not really sure how heavily they need to drop the hammer, but it needs to be harsh.

2 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

What do you think?  Do you really think that the NFL is going to give zeros across the board for All statistical categories?  

Dunno all the exact details, but by rule a forfeit gets logged as a 2-0 score for the game.  I would assume for stat purposes (averages per game and whatnot) it just doesn't get counted outside of season totals.