Confirmed: Titans broke protocol by gathering for workout last week

YoloinOhio

I hate forfeits.  But this is just stupid.  They violated clear NFL instructions (sometimes called "cheating") and put player safety at risk all at the same time.  

Not a surprise that two more Titans tested positive today.

Whether it's a forfeit or a million dollar fine, the NFL needs to slap them hard.  

Edited by hondo in seattle
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I ain't YOLO, but what I am getting from this is a group of students spotted adult football players they identify as Titans practicing on the football field of a private school.

They took photos from too far of a distance to ID the players.

This has been reported on the website of a former writer for the Tennessean newspaper, for ESPN, and a host at a Nashville radio station: Paul Kuharsky

https://www.paulkuharsky.com/news/titans-broke-protocols-gathered-for-a-workout-last-week

Absent someone ratting or better pics, I'm gonna guess the NFL will investigate and decide it can not conclusively prove this, or that it was the independent action of the players and those players should be fined but the team not disciplined.

Funny, you LOOK like Yolo. You sure?

I think the League is about to step in and drop the hammer.

10 minutes ago, scribo said:

Absolutely huge. They should be forced to forfeit this week's game, next week's game and last week's game. The players who participated should be suspended for the season. If any coaches knew, they should also be tossed. It cannot get more serious right now, and the NFL has to make that extremely clear.

NFLPA will NEVER go for this.

5 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Thinking this out, with 2 AFC teams missing games against the Titans, with playoff implications, wouldn’t it make more sense for the NFL to give a forfeit win to an NFC team? How is it fair to the rest of the AFC to give the Bills/Steelers a W and make the rest of the teams play the Titans?

How does that make any kind of sense? 

The Titans have to forfeit for breaking the rules, and those wins should go to an NFC team???

Not following the logic

I think they’ll cancel Sunday’s game and continue to investigate—they’ll subpoena phones and check to see whether there are any smoking gun messages that indicate a planned meet-up that corroborates the photos...and if they find it, then it goes down as a forfeit.

Just pure speculation on my part

2 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

NFLPA will NEVER go for this.

You may be right, but I think the rest of the league's players have to be even more pissed off right now than we are at Tannehill and those other Titans.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I ain't YOLO, but what I am getting from this is a group of students spotted adult football players they identify as Titans practicing on the football field of a private school.

They took photos from too far of a distance to ID the players.

This has been reported on the website of a former writer for the Tennessean newspaper, for ESPN, and a host at a Nashville radio station: Paul Kuharsky

https://www.paulkuharsky.com/news/titans-broke-protocols-gathered-for-a-workout-last-week

Absent someone ratting or better pics, I'm gonna guess the NFL will investigate and decide it can not conclusively prove this, or that it was the independent action of the players and those players should be fined but the team not disciplined.

I don't think the NFL has made any announcement yet.

Yes, sounds like it will be hard to prove who was there and even moreso it the team sanctioned it.

Under normal circumstances, the NFL would try to sweep something like this under the rug with a slap on the wrist.  In this scenario, however, there's SO much pressure and SO much on the line, I think they will be forced to drop the hammer on the Titans.