Miami Dolphins cleared for full stadium capacity

Big C
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Please tightly restrict conversation in this thread to football and football-related topics.

Two Bills Drive no longer finds it appropriate to engage in COVID-19 discussion in our main discussion areas. We are a Buffalo Bills fan community and we exist to serve fans of the Buffalo Bills and the NFL. Please use other communities and venues to discuss heath-related topics including COVID-19. 

Information about COVID-19 is available from many globally respected sources including:

Uptodate     |  British Medical Journal Best Practice   |      COVIPENDIUM    |    Our world in Data

The pinned topic: COVID-19 - Facts and Information Only Topic, located on the Off the Wall subforum, is also a resource.   Should these not meet your needs, many other sources of information (of varied accuracy) exist.

Thank you!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Dolphins didn't ask for & don't plan to go to 65K full capacity at games this season, source says. Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis gave them clearance to do so now, as reported, but Dolphins feel more comfortable continuing their plan of hosting 13K fans right now.

SsuiLI7K_bigger.jpg

From Dolphins CEO Tom Garfinkel: "We'll continue to follow CDC guidelines & put everyone's safety first & monitor things as they go. Right now w/ positivity rates where they are, we feel that we can keep people safe in a socially distanced environment, which is our 13K capacity.

Apparently, the Dolphin's CEO is a lot smarter than DeSantis

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, mannc said:

If you've ever been to a Bills-Dolphins game in Miami, you know that even at full capacity, there little to no home field advantage, at least from the crowd.  I would imagine the same is true in J-ville.

Nah, was at the Bills Jags playoff game in 2017...they have solid fans and the stadium wasn't more than 20% Bills fans.

They can't fill the stadium, sure, but their die hards are solid and there's plenty of them (obviously probably a bit of a reach to base it off a playoff game, but I saw enough to get a feel).

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well, per OP, the team plans to stay at 13K for now

The Jags will have to go out and find about 10K fans to have 13K fans. 

I’m glad they realize that just because they CAN doesn’t mean they SHOULD. 

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Always said:  You cant fix stupid.  

Why we moved from South Florida to Raleigh three weeks ago (well one of the many, but a significant factor).

I think the lack of a state income tax is really causing issues, especially where the majority of the taxes come from tourist taxes (which I'm guessing that stadiums fall into). Why they don't just come out and say that is anyone's guess, and not to be pondered here, but everything is geared around tourist taxes basically.

Like the Marlins baseball stadium...funded by tourist taxes...believe guarented by Miami, or Dade County or something...could get real ugly if they default on that debt, and that's the main reason they're doing this in my opinion (not just Marlins Park, but lack of tax revenue).

Edited by HardyBoy
  • Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, FlaFitz1 said:
The Dolphins didn't ask for & don't plan to go to 65K full capacity at games this season, source says. Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis gave them clearance to do so now, as reported, but Dolphins feel more comfortable continuing their plan of hosting 13K fans right now.

SsuiLI7K_bigger.jpg

From Dolphins CEO Tom Garfinkel: "We'll continue to follow CDC guidelines & put everyone's safety first & monitor things as they go. Right now w/ positivity rates where they are, we feel that we can keep people safe in a socially distanced environment, which is our 13K capacity.

Apparently, the Dolphin's CEO is a lot smarter than DeSantis

Translation: "We don't want any more than the 13,000 enemy fans already in our stadium."

Edited by ExWNYer
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, HardyBoy said:

Nah, was at the Bills Jags playoff game in 2017...they have solid fans and the stadium wasn't more than 20% Bills fans.

They can't fill the stadium, sure, but their die hards are solid and there's plenty of them (obviously probably a bit of a reach to base it off a playoff game, but I saw enough to get a feel).

I was there too and I think that 20% may be a little low. And I’ve been to games a few times there and I wouldn’t say they have too many “die hards”.

1 hour ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

I was there too and I think that 20% may be a little low. And I’ve been to games a few times there and I wouldn’t say they have too many “die hards”.

Maybe I'm basing it too much off the season ticket holders I was sitting next to that got tickets the year they started and go to every game (super nice too).

Like I said I'm basing it off a super small personal experience so definitely could be a little, or a lot off.

7 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

I can't respond to that thexl way I'd like without getting political, and don't want anymore warnings.

Hey believe me I’m disgusted , I’ve said this before that IMO either all teams can have fans OR NONE , 

• Like (+1) 2