"Everybody was crunk": How Josh Norman Breathed New Life Into the Bills Defense

Logic

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Not sure what "crunk" means, but I like the sound of it!

45 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Think Lil Jon lol

If he doesnt know what crunk is --->   Zero chance he knows Little John

39 minutes ago, H2o said:

I had LITERALLY thought Lil Jon right after I read their post then scrolled down and saw yours. :lol:

we all did

21 minutes ago, DrDare said:

If he doesnt know what crunk is --->   Zero chance he knows Little John

we all did

Little Jon... an old breakfast spot in Bellevue, Washington.  No?

I'm an old graybeard from the era of cool, groovy and far out.  

47 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I have to disagree with your characterization of Poyer getting trucked...I though he hung in there w good form and held Waller up long enough for Norman to make the play

Poyer has quietly been our best player on defense imo, and I was pretty critical of him last season wrt tackling. It looks like he put on some muscle this year and it's helped his game immensely 

I agree with a lot of this, not sure he is our best player on defense this year ut he is up there and yes Weller did not truck him.  We never know (can only guess) the the receivers assignments down the field but there have been a few plays this year  where it looked like Hoyer's guy was wide open in the end zone such as the Nelson Agholar TD..

Nice job, Logic.  Nice focus on what Norman meant to the game.  I hadn't noticed that he was first on the scene for both Oliver's stop and Jefferson strip-sack.  That's cool.  

Interesting to think that what the defense may have needed was an emotional lift.   We'll see if it carries over into Sunday (or a week from Sunday, if the Titans game goes up in smoke).

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

I have to disagree with your characterization of Poyer getting trucked...I though he hung in there w good form and held Waller up long enough for Norman to make the play

I agree with you.  It's often difficult for the first guy on the scene to make a clean tackle; he's scrambling to do whatever he can.  I saw it the same way; Poyer held Waller up long enough for the reinforcements to arrive.  He didn't miss the tackle, and he did his job.  As did Norman.  And then some. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Josh Norman on the Rich Eisen show .. really good interview

talked about how he wanted to play but McD helped him understand it is a marathon not a sprint; talked up Josh Allen .... Eisen poked at him about Odell .. didn't know about their feud; how they want the juice from the fans back.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2016/09/21/josh-norman-odell-beckham-jr-feud-timeline-history/90757964/

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

talked about how he wanted to play but McD helped him understand it is a marathon not a sprint; talked up Josh Allen .... Eisen poked at him about Odell .. didn't know about their feud; how they want the juice from the fans back.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2016/09/21/josh-norman-odell-beckham-jr-feud-timeline-history/90757964/

Real nice to hear that.  That guy has some enthusiasm, and he has veteran leadership.  You can tell he has seen what it takes and he wants his teammates to get on the train with him.  

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

I am imagining a delicious crunchy cookie when I say that word in my head.

Chocolate chip crunk, it’s all the rage, 😁👍

• Haha (+1) 1

Crunk.  From the Vulcan word Kronk which means to strike or have already struck.  Kirk's signal word to assault the gangsters who were playing Fizbin from the episode "A Piece of the Action."  In turn Norman Kronked the football away from the Raider's player.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

“The whole sideline just erupted,” Bills running back Devin Singletary said. “Everybody was crunk”. Four plays later, Singletary punched in a three-yard touchdown run to give Buffalo a two-score lead.

Ok I admit it.  I had to Google what "crunk" means

3 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Poyer has quietly been our best player on defense imo, and I was pretty critical of him last season wrt tackling. It looks like he put on some muscle this year and it's helped his game immensely 

I thought it was just me, but Poyer does look more jacked.

4 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

33 minutes ago, {::'KayCeeS::} said:

I thought it was just me, but Poyer does look more jacked.

I agree.  I completely forgot his number and took note of how #21 was making plays all over the field on Sunday.  Senior moment 😏

On 10/7/2020 at 2:21 PM, CorkScrewHill said:

How dont you remember this? Were you living under a rock in 2015? That was one of the craziest on field feuds in NFL history.

It was pretty much total chaos between them two once they got into it. They combined for 5 personal foul calls and imo single handedly forced the NFL to create the 2 PF calls and you're ejected rule. This rule was put in place the very next offseason and remains today.0