Coach's Press Conference 10/7

scribo

- No positive tests on Bills

- Coach sounds stressed at the start

- Focused on themselves. Has a lot of "faith and trust in the League."

- Must be accountable to one another, inside and outside the NFL

- Won't comment on the idea of putting the NLF into a "bubble"

- Says the post-game, on-field greetings are part of the game. May continue but quicker "in and out" when doing so. Pressed on the question, says the Bills wil follow the guidelines the NFL sets.

- AP's John Warrow looks like he's been working very hard.

- Coach won't say whether the Bills feel comfortable traveling and playing in TN on Sunday. Says it is a "developing situation."

- Doubles down in not saying whether the Bills feel comfortable playing Sunday against the Titans

- Antennas up for the team. Many players are paying attention on social media, "for better or worse."

- Players eager to get on the practice field today

- Brandon Beane in contact with the league. "Business as usual" on the football side.

- Won't talk about the possibility of a forfeit. Says above his pay grade

- Feliciano back in practice today!

Edited by scribo
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5

Sean is so good with these. Stays in his lane in regards to questions about bubbles for teams ‘l am a football coach, I’ll leave that to the powers that be’. 
Great coach who uses emotions when he needs to and uses calm intelligence when necessary. Difficult to find guys like that for coaching a NFL team. 

• Like (+1) 5

4 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Sean is so good with these. Stays in his lane in regards to questions about bubbles for teams ‘l am a football coach, I’ll leave that to the powers that be’. 
Great coach who uses emotions when he needs to and uses calm intelligence when necessary. Difficult to find guys like that for coaching a NFL team. 

SM is an intelligent man, as is Beane, that’s why we have a football organization that is one of the best in the league, they both know their jobs/roles and perform them at a high level. 

It is so very nice not having stupid people running the team.

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, scribo said:

To me, it sounded as if he is NOT comfortable with traveling/playing. Cannot blame him. And he seemed to be reflecting his players' feelings, too.

I’m about two hours away from Nashville. I wouldn’t want to travel there. Fantastic area, not the best place to be the last couple months as everything opened back up. There’s a few cities I would want to avoid at all costs right now. 

• Like (+1) 3

I sensed Coach McD knew more about Sunday and the Titans than he could say. It was pretty obvious and only makes sense now. Guessing he knew that news was going to break today that Tenny had really screwed up and was going to be forced to forfeit. I hope he used today's practice to prepare for KC!

• Awesome! (+1) 1