Haskins benched in Washington

YoloinOhio

16 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

This is some craziness right here.  But it tells me a couple things. 1. Rivera must have issues with Haskin’s off-field preparation.  2. Rivera didn’t draft him so he has no qualms about replacing him going forward.

8 hours ago, purple haze said:

This is some craziness right here.  But it tells me a couple things. 1. Rivera must have issues with Haskin’s off-field preparation.  2. Rivera didn’t draft him so he has no qualms about replacing him going forward.

When did Rivera get fired you ask? *checks notes* after Dwayne beat him and his boy Kyle Allen in Week 13  last year. after Allen got sacked 7 times and threw a pick. 

im not saying Allen can’t improve. But That’s funny.anyway, Haskins was probably done as soon as Allen was signed. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

Way to go Washington.

Another outdated Coach turning back to a garbage backup QB that he brought with him from the last place that fired him, throwing to a subpar set of skill position players.

Gave Haskins all of 11-games in a dysfunctional organization. 

Great plan there, just like the Jets hanging Darnold out to dry.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

When did Rivera get fired you ask? *checks notes* after Dwayne beat him and his boy Kyle Allen in Week 13  last year. after Allen got sacked 7 times and threw a pick. 

im not saying Allen can’t improve. But That’s funny.anyway, Haskins was probably done as soon as Allen was signed. 

Yep.  I don’t believe Allen is the answer as a starter and he’ll show that again.  

Haskins should be asking for a trade out of there.  He’s going nowhere with that organization.

On 10/7/2020 at 2:02 PM, Albany,n.y. said:

More proof stats are meaningless.  You have to see the player play to properly evaluate him.  Watching Josh in his rookie year anyone could see the flashes of brilliance that gave observers encouragement for his future.  I doubt the same could be said for Haskins.

Are there any rumors about Haskins having behavioral issues? A demotion is one thing but this move did seem rather drastic, no?

On 10/7/2020 at 9:16 AM, YoloinOhio said:

Haskins may not be the second coming of joe Montana but he was not in a good situation. I wonder what he would cost in a trade. Better backup than barkley 

This is what you want?

A dude who doesn't put the work in because he thinks he doesn't have to?

A dude that gets called out by a teammate because Alex Smith is at the facility earlier than he is every day preparing even tho he knows he will be inactive every week?

My lord...he wouldn't even prepare and put the work in as a starter, what do you think he is going to do as a backup???

No thanks, we don't need another Billy Joe Hobert. This dude would never fit the culture here. Either he would shape up quick or he would be out the door.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-dwayne-haskins-poor-study-172235925.html

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, matter2003 said:

This is what you want?

A dude who doesn't put the work in because he thinks he doesn't have to?

A dude that gets called out by a teammate because Alex Smith is at the facility earlier than he is every day preparing even tho he knows he will be inactive every week?

My lord...he wouldn't even prepare and put the work in as a starter, what do you think he is going to do as a backup???

No thanks, we don't need another Bobby Hebert. This dude would never fit the culture here. Either he would shape up quick or he would be out the door.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-dwayne-haskins-poor-study-172235925.html

Bobby Hebert played for Saints and a few other teams not including us.   I recall he was an ok QB.

8 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

Bobby Hebert played for Saints and a few other teams not including us.   I recall he was an ok QB.

Not when he was here and admitted to not preparing as the backup because he didn't think he would play but then got forced in due to injury...that didn't end well.

3 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Are there any rumors about Haskins having behavioral issues? A demotion is one thing but this move did seem rather drastic, no?

Yes...just posted a link to an article a few posts down from your original post saying Haskins was unprepared and unmotivated to put in the work off the field to get better. Specifically mentioned practice and study habits and said a teammate went after him because Alex Smith was always there before him every day preparing even though he knew he would be inactive every game.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Not when he was here and admitted to not preparing as the backup because he didn't think he would play but then got forced in due to injury...that didn't end well.

Yes...just posted a link to an article a few posts down from your original post saying Haskins was unprepared and unmotivated to put in the work off the field to get better. Specifically mentioned practice and study habits and said a teammate went after him because Alex Smith was always there before him every day preparing even though he knew he would be inactive every game.

Bobby Hebert never played here like I stated earlier.  Are you referring to another qb named Billy Joe Hobert who was with us for as season or so in late 90s?

38 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

Bobby Hebert never played here like I stated earlier.  Are you referring to another qb named Billy Joe Hobert who was with us for as season or so in late 90s?

Oh damn...yes, my bad...you are right.  I always get those dudes confused. Original post corrected.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Thanks, this makes sense.

Many folks are not equipped at a young age to be given millions of dollars and still have the same drive to work hard. When I was his age, I can't say for sure how well I would have acted with my pockets stuffed with huge, guaranteed cash.

Fromm for Haskins, phone it in.  Seems like Washington is simply done with Dwayne and the feeling is mutual.  Maybe it's my Buckeye glasses, but Haskins is a way better prospect than Fromm.  I think he fits the mold of what this offense asks Allen to do better than Fromm.  Bring him in as the backup.

13 hours ago, purple haze said:

Haskins should be asking for a trade out of there.  He’s going nowhere with that organization.

Seems like he'll go nowhere with any org...doesn't have the right attitude. Career backup maybe.

2 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Fromm for Haskins, phone it in.  Seems like Washington is simply done with Dwayne and the feeling is mutual.  Maybe it's my Buckeye glasses, but Haskins is a way better prospect than Fromm.  I think he fits the mold of what this offense asks Allen to do better than Fromm.  Bring him in as the backup.

I'd be down for that. Player swap.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Seems like he'll go nowhere with any org...doesn't have the right attitude. Career backup maybe.

I'd be down for that. Player swap.

Very possible.  I assumed their must be off-field issues with his game preparation.  Then I just see the article posted here.  Lack of preparation is unacceptable for any player, especially QB.  I will say, though, that a new environment might fix that issue:

1. Washington has issues swirling around it for years under Snyder.  Might not be the best environment for him.  2.  Haskins would not be playing at home, where his family and friends might be a distraction for him.