Should the Bills play the Broncos?

Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Please narrowly restrict discussion in this thread to the NFL and NFL policies about covid-19

Two Bills Drive no longer finds it appropriate to engage in COVID-19 discussion in our main discussion areas. We are a Buffalo Bills fan community and we exist to serve fans of the Buffalo Bills and the NFL. Please use other communities and venues to discuss heath-related topics including COVID-19. 

Information about COVID-19 is available from many globally respected sources including:

Uptodate     |  British Medical Journal Best Practice   |      COVIPENDIUM    |    Our world in Data

The pinned topic: COVID-19 - Facts and Information Only Topic, located on the Off the Wall subforum, is also a resource.   Should these not meet your needs, many other sources of information (of varied accuracy) exist.

Thank you!

30 minutes ago, ProcessAccepted said:

I was with you on this until I read the OPs suggestion. That is a great solution, it's simple and makes perfect sense. Lets go beat down the Broncos.

How does this help?  I really do not see how us playing the Broncos makes any sense as that still leaves no opening for the Bills Tennessee game and now you have to find a schedule for pats Broncos. 

This would cause a domino effect of needing to move a bunch of other games to make it work.

I do not see the benefit - unlike the Pitts/Baltimore/Tennessee that could be moved with minimal impact.

3 minutes ago, ProcessAccepted said:

@Rochesterfan Why are you against two healthy teams playing each other and keeping the season on track

How does it help - you move one game, but still have to figure out what other games to fit in.

It is not like the Titans and Pats play so you could reschedule them together.

Present me the plan that shows me where our Titans game fits and where the Pats/Broncos game fits in later.

There are a million moving parts and playing the Broncos does not eliminate issues - it creates more problems as we move forward.

11 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

How does this help?  I really do not see how us playing the Broncos makes any sense as that still leaves no opening for the Bills Tennessee game and now you have to find a schedule for pats Broncos. 

This would cause a domino effect of needing to move a bunch of other games to make it work.

I do not see the benefit - unlike the Pitts/Baltimore/Tennessee that could be moved with minimal impact.

How does it help - you move one game, but still have to figure out what other games to fit in.

Present me the plan that shows me where our Titans game fits and where the Pats/Broncos game fits in later.

There are a million moving parts and playing the Broncos does not eliminate issues - it creates more problems as we move forward.

You have 3 options.

1. make teams like the Titans forfeit games

This should be a last resort. The football season is already too short from a fans perspective but this option is unfair and not the way I want us to win the AFC East.

2. Let the Titans play the Bills and the Broncos play the Patriots

You are putting players from teams that do not have a problem into close proximity with teams that do. I have to imagine that Pat Mahomes is regretting his post game hug and chat with Gilmore today. And yes you can stop the post game contact but you will always have in game contact. 

3. Have the Bills play the Broncos and take the whack a mole approach to fitting in make up games as teams like the Titans and Patriots have cases.

As of right now there is no known issue for Buffalo and Denver. Makes sense to get that game done and not risk either of these teams getting exposed to teams that had new positive tests today. How does it serve the league if Josh Allen were to get covid after a game in Nashville against a weakened Titans team? 

The league needs to try and play as many of these games as safely as possible before this virus spreads as it is spreading. When they can make healthy teams play each other then that's what they should do. I hate making teams forfeit but I do not want the outcome of this season decided by who caught the thing and who didn't. If the Chiefs were to lose Mahomes for a few weeks they really wouldn't be the Chiefs. Remember Gilmore was testing negative on Monday even though he had teammates with Covid.  

3 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

Tians should forfeit the game and learn to stay out of the bar district in Nashville.

pfft ...we should just burn anyone at the stake if they don't hide at home and wear a mask everywhere 

even in the bathroom.

jk ...but i'm sure half the country(wink wink) would sign up for that in a heartbeat.

57 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Give the Pats and Titans a tie.

3 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

Tians should forfeit the game and learn to stay out of the bar district in Nashville.

The problem isn't the Titans losing a game.  In fairness it's the Bills getting a win without playing and how it affects other teams in the playoff fight with us.  Let's look at it from another point of view:  Say the Bills are in a fight for homefield the division or a playoff spot.  The team they are trying to beat out gets a win via forfeit.  We'd be going crazy if NE got a "free" win. 

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

NFL should add a week 18. 

Adding an extra week doesn't work if one team has to catch up multiple games.

While I'm not a fan of pushing this game, I would much rather push it out than do something like throw another team in the mix. But that's based almost exclusively on the idea that having an extra week to rest and prepare for KC would be crunk.

Is that right? Crunk? Did I use that right? 

I'm so effin' old. :cry:

53 minutes ago, ProcessAccepted said:

You have 3 options.

1. make teams like the Titans forfeit games

This should be a last resort. The football season is already too short from a fans perspective but this option is unfair and not the way I want us to win the AFC East.

2. Let the Titans play the Bills and the Broncos play the Patriots

You are putting players from teams that do not have a problem into close proximity with teams that do. I have to imagine that Pat Mahomes is regretting his post game hug and chat with Gilmore today. And yes you can stop the post game contact but you will always have in game contact. 

3. Have the Bills play the Broncos and take the whack a mole approach to fitting in make up games as teams like the Titans and Patriots have cases.

As of right now there is no known issue for Buffalo and Denver. Makes sense to get that game done and not risk either of these teams getting exposed to teams that had new positive tests today. How does it serve the league if Josh Allen were to get covid after a game in Nashville against a weakened Titans team? 

The league needs to try and play as many of these games as safely as possible before this virus spreads as it is spreading. When they can make healthy teams play each other then that's what they should do. I hate making teams forfeit but I do not want the outcome of this season decided by who caught the thing and who didn't. If the Chiefs were to lose Mahomes for a few weeks they really wouldn't be the Chiefs. Remember Gilmore was testing negative on Monday even though he had teammates with Covid.  

So you play the Bills/Broncos.  Now the Bills have a second open week, but the Titans don’t.

So this means the Bills/Broncos play now.  The Bills have potentially 2 bye weeks later in the season, but then has to play in a created bye week after the season and before the playoffs because the Titans have no other openings.

Plus now you have to shoe horn in a Broncos/Pats game that at this point has no reason to be postponed.  This is the exact reason the PS was expanded.

They should be testing the Pats and if they are following protocol.  The team practices Friday/Sat with the Covid players inactive and the game goes on.

The Pats at this point are very different from the Titans.

Edited by Rochesterfan

8 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Adding an extra week doesn't work if one team has to catch up multiple games.

While I'm not a fan of pushing this game, I would much rather push it out than do something like throw another team in the mix. But that's based almost exclusively on the idea that having an extra week to rest and prepare for KC would be crunk.

Is that right? Crunk? Did I use that right? 

I'm so effin' old. :cry:

You adjust as needed.

4 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Maybe the Bills should play the Broncos since they are both in the same situation.  They are talking about it on WGR and Jeremy White brings up a good point.

The league doesn't want to move the Chiefs/Bills TNF game.  

Baseball did this when the Marlins had their outbreak.  They flipped games here and there to make it work.

I love this idea!!  Call Tennessee - NE a tie - so no team is unduly penalized yet the season can go on. And guys stay safe. Yes the Broncos or Bills will get an extra home game - but that is a small price to pay.

39 minutes ago, Unforgiven said:

pfft ...we should just burn anyone at the stake if they don't hide at home and wear a mask everywhere 

even in the bathroom.

jk ...but i'm sure half the country(wink wink) would sign up for that in a heartbeat.

Are you saying the NFL, a private business, does not have the right to enforce clearly defined policies on its employees?

4 hours ago, Estro said:

I suppose its an idea that's possible, but I'm sure the Bills would want no part of it.  

Denver is a further road trip than Nashville and with a quick turnaround to face the Chiefs this Thursday thats somethng the Bills would surely not appreaciate.

If we were playing a game next Sunday vs. the Chiefs I'd think a move like that would be more of a possibility, but with a game Thursday I just dont see it happening

can schedule it at Bills  no? For Denver it is a shorter trip to WNY than Foxborough :)

Edited by IgotBILLStopay

1 hour ago, Rochesterfan said:

Pats / Broncos is also at risk with 3 players having tested positive within a week, and the Pats have gone remote today.

4 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

I love this idea!!  Call Tennessee - NE a tie - so no team is unduly penalized yet the season can go on. And guys stay safe. Yes the Broncos or Bills will get an extra home game - but that is a small price to pay.

For the hundredth time - NE/Tenn do not play this year.  

NE plays Houston and Tenn plays Buffalo.

The only way to make that work would be switch Houston and Tennessee on the schedules and now you have to figure out where they would fit.

Moving 1 game - like trying to get the Bills/Broncos this weekend - would most likely mean the NFL would have to determine and shift a minimum of 6 or 7 additional games at minimum and still does not open a spot for Bills/Titans as the Titans bye week is passed.

You basically would need to switch the Bills/Pats scheduled AFC south games and then rearrange a bunch of schedules to find where Bill/Houston fits and how NE/Denver has a new location.

4 hours ago, Just Joshin' said:

Points for creativity but not sure the logistics work.

It will work this season - since there are no fans in WNY - so no need to arrange tailgating, parking etc. It is only team logistics. Was arranged quite easily when the Chiefs Pats game was moved to Monday.