Titans player test positive today 10/7

BillsMafi$
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Please narrowly restrict discussion in this thread to the NFL and NFL-related covid policy and issue.  It is acceptable to provide links to NFL policies and explanations of NFL policies provided they come from high-factual sources.

Two Bills Drive no longer finds it appropriate to engage in COVID-19 discussion in our main discussion areas. We are a Buffalo Bills fan community and we exist to serve fans of the Buffalo Bills and the NFL. Please use other communities and venues to discuss heath-related topics including COVID-19. 

Information about COVID-19 is available from many globally respected sources including:

Uptodate     |  British Medical Journal Best Practice   |      COVIPENDIUM    |    Our world in Data

The pinned topic: COVID-19 - Facts and Information Only Topic, located on the Off the Wall subforum, is also a resource.   Should these not meet your needs, many other sources of information (of varied accuracy) exist.

Thank you!

44 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

How has the NFL not said anything about this yet? They're dropping the ball. The Bills need to know what team to prepare for this weekend, or if they're going to play at all.

My guess is that we'll know by the end of today.    The two-practice rule is in play here, so at worst, the game would need to be shifted.   I think forfeit is definitely on the table, though...

Edited by Lurker

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

My guess is that we'll know by the end of today.    The two-practice rule is in play here, so at worst, the game would need to be shifted.   I think forfeit is definitely on the table, though...

If the NFL starts handing out forfeit wins they may as well just shut the whole damned league down because there will be many more positive tests, leaguewide, in the near future.

15 minutes ago, Beast said:

If the NFL starts handing out forfeit wins they may as well just shut the whole damned league down because there will be many more positive tests, leaguewide, in the near future.

Forfeits should not be awarded for positive tests.  For gross violations of proper protocol, I'm good with a forfeit being awarded.

• Like (+1) 1

I think, at this point, there is a very good chance of a forfeit. But it won't necessarily be directly about the 20 TItans players/coaches who have it. It will happen if the NFL finds some of the TN players did indeed get together to practice during this isolation time. If that happened, those players risked a whole lot for a minimal competitive gain, and now it is time to pay the house.

4 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

KC game should be moved to the next Monday night Oct 26

Play the Titans Tuesday night Oct 13

You're welcome 

So, what do you do with the KC - Denver game already scheduled for October 25?  Denver and KC have different bye weeks, so moving KC - Buffalo to October 26 involves additional juggling, if it is even possible.

33 minutes ago, Lurker said:

if Titans forfeit, does the league send them a bill for the lost TV revenue for that game?

• Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Beast said:

it isn’t about positive tests - it is about protocol.

The Pats, Falcons, and Chiefs have positives - they followed protocol and as long as they manage properly- they should be able to use PS players and play.

The Raiders did not follow protocol and had an unmasked gathering - they should lose money via fines and draft picks.  If those players start to test positive - they may need to forfeit, but at this point they should be ok.

The Titans - they have already showed to have not followed protocol.  They brought in a FA without all of the proper days and test results, they had a coach conduct a meeting with no mask, they had several players not wearing the tracking device and lacked data for contract tracing, and now we are hearing that players only got together to practice when they were supposed to be apart and quarantined. 

That to me points to a clear violation and they should forfeit rather than screw things up further.  The initial game against Pittsburgh- could have gone fine with following protocol, but they didn’t and now they have been shut down for over a week and are still having positives.

Edited by Rochesterfan
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Now a new option has emerged. No forfeit needed. Let Bills play the Broncos in week 5 - and let Tennessee and NE get a bye. If there is an extra week at the end of the season - they can play - otherwise call it a tie.

I love this option.

I think those who don't the love the option are ones who don't have to game-plan and prepare for a specific opponent.

This question may deserve its own thread, but I'm thinking I probably already started a thread today that didn't need to be its own (press conference). So...

What should the punishment be for the Titans if it is found that a number of their players did indeed get together to practice on their own? They are being investigated for such now. Seems like a very serious violation that may be why they are still getting new positives.

1 hour ago, Pokebball said:

Forfeits should not be awarded for positive tests.  For gross violations of proper protocol, I'm good with a forfeit being awarded.

Agreed.  Forfeit has to be the last resort, but a massive outbreak on a team even without a violation would still be a forfeit. There is not enough time to reschedule games. It's not like baseball.