Titans player test positive today 10/7

BillsMafi$
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Please narrowly restrict discussion in this thread to the NFL and NFL-related covid policy and issue.  It is acceptable to provide links to NFL policies and explanations of NFL policies provided they come from high-factual sources.

Two Bills Drive no longer finds it appropriate to engage in COVID-19 discussion in our main discussion areas. We are a Buffalo Bills fan community and we exist to serve fans of the Buffalo Bills and the NFL. Please use other communities and venues to discuss heath-related topics including COVID-19. 

Information about COVID-19 is available from many globally respected sources including:

Uptodate     |  British Medical Journal Best Practice   |      COVIPENDIUM    |    Our world in Data

The pinned topic: COVID-19 - Facts and Information Only Topic, located on the Off the Wall subforum, is also a resource.   Should these not meet your needs, many other sources of information (of varied accuracy) exist.

Thank you!

3 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

Are they speculating or have a legit source?

Nonfact factoid. The only possible outcomes are play as scheduled, postpone, cancel or forfeit. None of these has been eliminated so it is true that the game "could" be canceled. They are not saying it will be or even that it will likely be forfeited, just saying it is within the realm of possibility. Very informative, no?

58 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I guess we are looking at Monday night at the earliest.

That won't happen the Bills vs KC is Thursday.

I call forfeit teach the Titans and every other team to respect the process.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I mean if the nfl investigates and finds out that they broke protocol and its their fault then yes they should take responsibility. but no chance the league makes them forfeit. it will be rescheduled at a later date. 

we should just skip the titans game and play at a later date, move on to the chiefs game. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

I dont think they should have a forfeit.  Its a terrible/amateurish look.  

It may be unprecedented, but how else can the NFL get teams to follow protocol? To my knowledge, I don't think anything like this has ever happened before, so without a basis for comparison, looking terrible/amateurish is out the window

• Like (+1) 1

Why not abandon TNF for the rest of the season (besides the obvious $$$). But move TNF to Sunday or Monday ont he same network, make it a double header every week. Unprecedented times, these networks ned to make sacrifices. But IMO keeping TNF is throwing a wrench into things. If we didnt play Thursday then we could conceivably play the Titans on Monday or Tues.

• Like (+1) 3

22 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So in theory, if they were clear Weds. and got in Thurs or Friday, they could have met the requirements?

But a positive test today means they can't get into the facility until ....Friday at the earliest.  They can get 2 days Fri and Sat if that's allowed.

I think having 2 days of no positives means the first day they could get in would be Saturday (this week Monday and Tuesday had no positive tests but they weren't plannning to open until today.)

So practice Saturday Sunday and play Monday?  But it's seeming much more likely this game isn't getting played this week.  I hope the league decides soon so we can start focusing on the Chiefs.

The one problem I see with a forfeit is that the league already set a precedent by rescheduling the Steelers @ Titans. That was a big mistake. Tenny should have forfeited then. This can be remedied by canceling the rescheduling and just put two losses on the Titans record now.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, scribo said:

The one problem I see with a forfeit is that the league already set a precedent by rescheduling the Steelers @ Titans. That was a big mistake. Tenny should have forfeited then. This can be remedied by canceling the rescheduling and just put two losses on the Titans record now.

They pooched the schedule with their selfishness.

This isn't just random they were out partying at the bars.

1 minute ago, scribo said:

Thing is the memo from the commish mentioning forfeits and draft picks came the day AFTER they inspected the Titans. Based on that, I'm not even sure they'll make them forfeit our game....I think they'll say "whichever team is NEXT".

OTOH I am totally happy if they apply it retroactively.

I've been wondering if the best solution might be to lock the league down for Week 5 and look to restart Week 6 with TNF game.  Then Week 5 could be rescheduled as Week 18 at the end of the season.  The main issue would be that the Lions and Packers have a by scheduled, which they wouldn't really get an advantage from at the end of the season.  Perhaps the Packers if they were playing on Wild Card week?