Titans player test positive today 10/7

BillsMafi$
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Please narrowly restrict discussion in this thread to the NFL and NFL-related covid policy and issue.  It is acceptable to provide links to NFL policies and explanations of NFL policies provided they come from high-factual sources.

Two Bills Drive no longer finds it appropriate to engage in COVID-19 discussion in our main discussion areas. We are a Buffalo Bills fan community and we exist to serve fans of the Buffalo Bills and the NFL. Please use other communities and venues to discuss heath-related topics including COVID-19. 

Information about COVID-19 is available from many globally respected sources including:

Uptodate     |  British Medical Journal Best Practice   |      COVIPENDIUM    |    Our world in Data

The pinned topic: COVID-19 - Facts and Information Only Topic, located on the Off the Wall subforum, is also a resource.   Should these not meet your needs, many other sources of information (of varied accuracy) exist.

Thank you!

Hapless, you are the authority on this one, but I think this player has to be negative a couple of times along with anyone contact traced near him, and then they could play on Monday.  That means the Chiefs game would most likely be moved to Sunday and probably swapped with a game that would have been on Unday moved up.  For ratings I’m sure they would want the Bucs, Packs, or the Browns Steelers moved up if they can even do that. 

This is the new normal and expect a ton of movement the rest of the season.  They are going to do everything possible to keep the season going, amd are going be a juggling act all season.  It’s just not worth being upset as it is going to be the 2020 normal.

• Like (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Hapless, you are the authority on this one, but I think this player has to be negative a couple of times along with anyone contact traced near him, and then they could play on Monday.  That means the Chiefs game would most likely be moved to Sunday and probably swapped with a game that would have been on Unday moved up.  For ratings I’m sure they would want the Bucs, Packs, or the Browns Steelers moved up if they can even do that. 

This is the new normal and expect a ton of movement the rest of the season.  They are going to do everything possible to keep the season going, amd are going be a juggling act all season.  It’s just not worth being upset as it is going to be the 2020 normal.

I think at that point they just have to skip the Thursday game for that week.

12 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

KC game has to be moved if that's the case.  What a mess. 

Can they flip the TNF game with the SNF game. This way both games still get primetime. Only difference is we get Al and Chris as opposed to Joe and Troy.

1 minute ago, Greg S said:

Can they flip the TNF game with the SNF game. This way both games still get primetime. Only difference is we get Al and Chris as opposed to Joe and Troy.

No because what team would accept that inconvenience?

• Like (+1) 3

The only issue I see is that the Titans likely won't have the two days of practice required. Unless they count Saturday. Now they won't be able to get into their facility until Friday, at the earliest.

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

No because what team would accept that inconvenience?

Then maybe the league needs to keep January open for make up games. Why do the playoffs have to start in January? No reason the Super Bowl can't be played in early March. The Stanley Cup was won in October as will the NBA Finals.

• Like (+1) 4

10 minutes ago, BillsMafi$ said:

Titans should be forced to forfeit if it’s found they violated any protocols. Can’t let this continue without any harsh punishment or it’ll happen again if they indeed violate any protocols

I agree. They are singlehandedly messing up the NFL. This game this week should be a straight-up cancelation at this point. Don’t want our guys getting infected. 

• Like (+1) 1