[Incomplete Title] Brett Favre compares Josh to ...

4 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Full quote: “I think Josh Allen will be the new Tom Brady. At some point, he will be running the division.”

Can our head coach and OC learn to cheat?  Can our QB learn to whine?  If not than no comparison.

5 hours ago, Gugny said:

I heard him compared to John Elway this morning on whatever the new ESPN morning radio show is called this year.

Gugs, I also heard that comparison on NFLR today.  I think Elway although early is an excellent comparison.  Elway had the arm, the flick, the legs, the size, and so on.  It’s a very flattering comment as Elway was amazing. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I actually often compare JA to Favre. Both prone to unreal highs, and occasional bone-headed risky plays.   But I actually think, unlike Favre, JA will outgrow those bone-headed plays. 

I don't think "hero ball" will ever leave him... and that's GOOD. Sure that means some occasional bone head plays or risking injury, but overall it means he's a WINNER.

And while he's more Favre than Tom, especially running ha ha, Brett threw a lot of INTs. Since #4 won so many clutch games, Superbowl, and was so enthusiastic and charismatic, people tend to forget that. 

• Like (+1) 1

I don't know if there's ever been a QB with Allen's combination of elite athleticism and elite arm strength not to mention elite competitiveness. Roethlisberger in his prime was strong in the pocket but he couldn't run like Allen does. As a pure passer I sort of agree with the Favre comparison but Favre wasn't trucking or hurdling linebackers. If Allen keeps up the accuracy he's shown this year he'll be in a tier of his own.

Edited by HappyDays