[Incomplete Title] Brett Favre compares Josh to ...

I am among those who think Allen compares more closely to Favre than Brady, but I'll take it.  If you took Favre's arm strength and occasional penchant for "What were you thinking" plays with Brady's mental sharpness, I think that's not too far off the mark for Allen.  I think he will become even more consistent over time.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, mykidsdad said:

Favre to JA is the BEST comparison. I loved Favre, maybe watched every single game that I possibly could. He has the mind arm and body of Favre BUT is bigger and faster.

I think this is a crazy take. Favre has a SB and 3 league MVPs.

And he also had the most interceptions of any QB, Favre was good for the time he played in but today's isn't for him 

Topic titles must reflect the content of the topic (and it must contain more than just a name). This helps to reduce the number of duplicate topics and makes the community much more user friendly.

Please edit the title so that it properly reflects the discussion that you started.

Thank you.

18 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

So we have Brady, maybe Favre, heard Cam, some Elway or Marino. Can I get a Rodgers?

When it all settles, I hope Josh Allen becomes his own guy - the guy other QB get compared to.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Read the whole quote in context and it doesn't seem like he's comparing Josh's style to Brady's - just that Josh will own the division like Brady did.

Given the teaser subject line, I assumed Favre was comparing Josh to ... Favre. That would make sense, because Josh scrambles, improvises, takes chances (often unnecessary), and generally has fun out there, just like ol' #4 did.

Like Favre, Josh plays sandlot football at a professional level. Brady, on the other hand, is a cold, steely machine - all business.

Maybe what he meant was that the Bills will now dominate the Division in the same way the Pats did - mainly because of their QB - and not that Allen is a clone of Brady. 

Allen has always reminded me of John Elway. But at the end of the day Josh will be Josh and maybe in the future people will be comparing other players to him.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, TBBills said:

And he also had the most interceptions of any QB, Favre was good for the time he played in but today's isn't for him 

I don't like the interceptions, but to say Favre is the last comparison someone wants to see is nuts. JA has those crazy off script moments like Favre did. They aren't all bad.

9 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Favre said himself years ago, he drove coaches nuts because he was a poor student and just did what he wanted to do out on the field, that's like the opposite of Allen.

Josh is definitely more coachable and more disciplined than Favre - probably because of his unconventional path to the NFL - but that doesn't make him the opposite of Favre. As we've seen, even as recently as the Raiders game, Josh slips back into his old habits now and then. The left-handed throw (the play where he got injured), taking a sack that put us out of FG range - all very Favre-like behaviors.

Allen is so hard to compare to anybody, and when I do, I feel silly, because all of the guys I want to compare him to are great players and/or Hall of Famers.

Sometimes he reminds me of Elway. Other times, Steve Young. The fun he has playing the game and the fearlessness and the "no...no....YES!" plays remind me of Brett Favre. Sometimes he looks more like Aaron Rodgers. When he runs, I see Cam Newton. When he shakes off defenders in the pocket, I see a young Big Ben.

I know, I know, I just compared him to a bunch of all-time greats. But ask yourself: Are any of the comparisons I really made that far off base?

Exciting times in western New York.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, mykidsdad said:

I don't like the interceptions, but to say Favre is the last comparison someone wants to see is nuts. JA has those crazy off script moments like Favre did. They aren't all bad.

He is of all the great QBs I would rather it be Big Ben. I just never likes Favres play style he just nothing like Allen.

1 hour ago, Brennan Huff said:

I think he’s more Brett Favre than Tom Brady. But it’s definitely a flattering comparison 

Minus the whining and always looking for a flag, then yeah it's flattering.

Personally, I see more Brett Favre/Matthew Stafford in him.

• Like (+1) 1

I have to disagree. that little flip where he hurt his shoulder. several of his rocket balls. the last second pitch in the LA game. he is a lot like favre.

39 minutes ago, TBBills said:

He is of all the great QBs I would rather it be Big Ben. I just never likes Favres play style he just nothing like Allen.