When was the moment that it sank in for you, that this time it’s different, we have a real QB

Batman1876

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

They have lost a lot of that defense (think it is 7 or 8 new starters on that side of the ball) and hired a throwback coordinator from the most prehistoric defensive lineage in the league. They were a top 10 defense last year. Yes they were a bit vanilla, they were a bit bend but don't break but the numbers didn't lie they were a decent defense.

Thanks.  9th in yards and 12th in points, just as you say. 

Edited by Shaw66
  • Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Honestly, it was his first preseason game as a rookie.  He made a throw that I still remember, maybe 30 yards downfield, up the right sideline, maybe inside the 5.  I don't remember, but I think he'd scrambled out to the left.  He turned and fired the ball beyond the corner back who was trailing the receiver by half a step but had inside position, and the ball arrived just before the safety closed from midfield.  There was a window between the two defenders, the window was closing, and as the ball went through the window, each defender was within 3-4 feet of the ball.   Receiver slid to a knee and caught it.  

One of the best thrown balls I've ever seen.   

I thought right then, "Oh, we've got something here."

In that game if you want to see an incredible throw it is his TD throw to Ray Ray Mccloud at the end of the first half which i posted about an hour ago.  That was as good an NFL throw as I have ever seen.

I guess mine is a bit different from others. The game I knew we might at least be onto something different with him was last year in week 3 when we came out hot against the bengals. Went up 14-0 and then proceeded to give up 17 unanswered. 4 min left. There i stood in the bleacher seats, burnt to a crisp, still half buzzed, voice completely gone, MF'ing the whole team under my breath. Felt like another nice start to a season just ending with a typical Bills meltdown....... And then it wasnt....

Thats when i think i knew something was up.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Hasn't yet. Getting there. I've seen it a few times before. Then we play NE and it all goes down hill. We'll know by mid season. Well let's make that I'll know. Most have already crowned him. 

I think this year is different though. Diggs, Brown, Beasley, Singletary. Bills have a lot of weapons on offense. I know Bill is a whiz at coming up with a good defensive game play (last night KC) but if this Bills team doesn't beat the Pats then when will they?

6 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Hasn't yet. Getting there. I've seen it a few times before. Then we play NE and it all goes down hill. We'll know by mid season. Well let's make that I'll know. Most have already crowned him. 

no you havnt. he's literally doing historicaly good things. not just in buffalo, but on a league wide scale. so stop it... and you definitely havnt seen it a FEW times.

there's always a handful of you.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 3

Game 1 this year. I knew he was close but he was consistently making throws I worried he might not ever be able to make since general consensus seemed to be NFL quarterbacks couldn't improve much on accuracy.

Last year I felt like he was just good enough to let our defense win enough games to warrant the record we did. This season he's capable of rising to the occasion and winning games despite the defence performing or not. We were such a good team already, him being one of our best players puts us into the stratosphere this year.

I always harped on the WRs limiting any proper evaluation of him in the past. I'm glad Beane heard me 🙂

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P

16 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Do you think they've had sex yet?

Professional athlete. Millionaire QB playing in the most popular sport in America. I don't think I am going out on limb here when I say YES and probably  many many times.

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

1 hour ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Havent watched that since that draft happened. Great to hear what they were saying at the time again

I remember what a lot of TBD Bills fans were saying on this message board after this moment in Bills history. :lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

Thanksgiving road game vs. Dallas last year. You can tell a lot about a young quarterback when the spotlight is on them, and I would argue there is no greater regular season spotlight than Thanksgiving when EVERYONE is watching. He played with complete confidence and the moment was simply not to big for him. By the time he bounced back from the Ravens loss to beat the Steelers on a game flexed to prime time, I didn't need any further evidence.

2 hours ago, Magox said:

For me it was his rookie year at the Dolphins.

Was that the game where he make Kiko look silly?

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Then watching Aaron Rodgers last night, it felt like I finally saw another QB who compared to Josh, and then it clicked "Aaron Rodgers is the only QB that is similar to Josh. THE KID IS FOR REAL!"

He absolutely has Rodgers pocket presence. You could sometimes put music to the way Rodgers hangs in the pocket and dodges pressure by just shifting a bit here or there. He's NOT Rodgers, but his ceiling is incredible.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, IDBillzFan said:

He absolutely has Rodgers pocket presence. You could sometimes put music to the way Rodgers hangs in the pocket and dodges pressure by just shifting a bit here or there. He's NOT Rodgers, but his ceiling is incredible.

Yep, pocket presence and arm strength. Watching Aaron stand in the pocket AND chuck the ball downfield with a simple flick of the wrist. Looked very familiar.

6 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

I remember what a lot of TBD Bills fans were saying on this message board after this moment in Bills history. :lol:

I literally missed most of that as my buddy’s son threw a fit when it happened. We were all thinking Rosen and wanted that at the time and when they said Allen instead of Rosen his kid threw a fit. Flicked off the tv, chucked his hat and knocked over the drinks and pizza on the table. We were at the gun club and he made a scene. 

We have been giving him ***** about it for the last year or so lol 

• Haha (+1) 1

I realized this when the rams scored to take the lead and I was excited.  I was excited to watch stallion put another check in his bedpost of comebacks.  I wasn’t worried.  I just knew that JA would lead us to victory like he has on so many occasions during his short career. 

17 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

I was bored the other day and read the archive post of his selection.  Lots of people making some outlandish statements.  I was a Rosen guy, but soon after the selection, I was on board with drafting the kid that may have been the most physically gifted QB I had ever seen.  He just seemed like such a naive baby boy.

Edited by NewEra

14 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Thanksgiving road game vs. Dallas last year. You can tell a lot about a young quarterback when the spotlight is on them, and I would argue there is no greater regular season spotlight than Thanksgiving when EVERYONE is watching. He played with complete confidence and the moment was simply not to big for him. By the time he bounced back from the Ravens loss to beat the Steelers on a game flexed to prime time, I didn't need any further evidence.

Was that the game where he make Kiko look silly?

Yep