Reasons why I should vote for Biden.....

Know what is going to stop riots?  Snow. Snowflakes can't stand snowflakes.  Remember how occupy wall street stopped when it got cold.

Edited by Wacka
  • Haha (+1) 1

Because he’s not Donald Trump.

It's just that simple.

This might be the worst Presidency in history. Even before the debacle of the last year he was actively working to divide our country, tear down our democracy and was overtly corrupt.

This "anti-establishment" fervor you guys have here is misguided. Your wild mistrust of experts is silly. It's one of the most annoying things about this forum and the reason it's often identified as a cesspool of conspiracy theories.

And now 215 thousand people are dead in our country from a Pandemic Donald Trump constantly downplays as no big deal.

He's honestly just friggin terrible. Even before the Pandemic I had an exchange with @Buffalo_Gal explaining all the reasons he's an awful President. There were a lot.

Since then we've added the Pandemic, an economy that's slowed down drastically in its recovery in the last 2 months, racial conflicts the likes of which we haven't seen since the Civil Rights movement, and just a general abandonment of any decorum whatsoever--look no further than the last debate for an example of that last one.

The fear of 4 more years of Donald Trump is what determined my vote for Biden a long time ago. This last year just solidified it for most of those Americans who may have been undecided but have now swung wildly towards Biden.

Edited by transplantbillsfan

1 hour ago, westside2 said:

I agree about it would crazy to ban it. Especially in Penn. I could be wrong but I swore he he said he would both ban it, then say he wouldn't ban it. Not 100% sure though. Are you worried about the peace deal between Israel and Saudi Arabia? I know Obama did not have a good relationship with Israel. Seems he went out of his way to exclude them. I have no idea what Biden's foreign policy is, I know what Trump has done and it is extremely impressive.I'm not sure Biden could have done what Trump has done. 

Biden isn't the greatest orator obviously but his official position is he won't allow new fracking leases on public land (where about 10% of fracking in the US takes place).  I have my doubts he can even get that through.  

As far as a possible peace deal between Israel and Saudi Arabia, last I read Saudi Arabia wouldn't even consider it until Israel made peace with the Palestinians.  Obama didn't have a good relationship with Netanyahu but still provided Israel a record amount of financial assistance at the time.  I'd assume a Biden presidency would do the same.

• Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

It's just that simple.

This might be the worst Presidency in history. Even before the debacle of the last year he was actively working to divide our country, tear down our democracy and was overtly corrupt.

This "anti-establishment" fervor you guys have here is misguided. Your wild mistrust of experts is silly. It's one of the most annoying things about this forum and the reason it's often identified as a cesspool of conspiracy theories.

And now 215 thousand people are dead in our country from a Pandemic Donald Trump constantly downplays as no big deal.

He's honestly just friggin terrible. Even before the Pandemic I had an exchange with @Buffalo_Gal explaining all the reasons he's an awful President. There were a lot.

Since then we've added the Pandemic, an economy that's slowed down drastically in its recovery in the last 2 months, racial conflicts the likes of which we haven't seen since the Civil Rights movement, and just a general abandonment of any decorum whatsoever--look no further than the last debate for an example of that last one.

The fear of 4 more years of Donald Trump is what determined my vote for Biden a long time ago. This last year just solidified it for most of those Americans who may have been undecided but have now swung wildly towards Biden.

Simple question, because a lot of people give this exact reason for voting for Biden (because he’s simply not Trump):  If that’s the primary reason to vote for Biden and he wins, do you think he has a mandate to govern?

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Why should I vote for Joe Biden. 

Trump Bad Trump Bad Trump Bad Trump Bad Trump Bad Trump Bad Trump Bad Trump Bad Trump Bad Trump Bad Trump Bad Trump Bad Trump Bad Trump Bad Trump Bad Trump Bad 

🙄

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Chef Jim said:

Trump Bad Trump Bad Trump Bad Trump Bad Trump Bad Trump Bad Trump Bad Trump Bad Trump Bad Trump Bad Trump Bad Trump Bad Trump Bad Trump Bad Trump Bad Trump Bad 

🙄

I think you just summed it up. I'm voting for Biden!!!

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

🙄

Why won't you disavow Trump?

• Haha (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

It's just that simple.

This is such a weak take.  The hysteria from the left..... "tear down democracy!!" "Russian puppet!!" "Dictator!!" "Won't leave office!!".....started at 9pm on election night 2016 and has not abated for one moment.  That's the real story of the Trump era....how the formally misguided but otherwise sane left lost their collective minds.  

Is Trump an opportunistic bully who has personally benefited from being POTUS?  Yup.  Please explain how that differs from almost any past President?  I guess the Bushes were already rich.  How about Obama?  Nice $12mm waterfront estate on Martha's Vineyard he bought after a career of......20 years in public office.  Trump's biggest offense is that he's an a-hole and he's proud to prove that daily on twitter.

As for COVID, 215,000 people would be dead regardless of who the POTUS was when it hit.  Blaming Trump for COVID deaths is as dishonest a take as blaming GWB for 9/11 or Obama for Deepwater Horizon.  The USA has a very wealthy, very self absorbed, and very mobile population.  And that's what spreads COVID.  To old people. Who are the ones who die from it.  The only DIRECT action an individual has taken that DIRECTLY caused additional COVID deaths is the great Andrew Cuomo thanks to his nursing home fiasco.  But I'm guessing you're not holding him to your Trump standard on COVID.

Racial conflicts are Trumps fault??  So cops just started shooting black guys in the last 3 1/2 years?  Of course not.  So long as a Democrat is in the White House, cops can shoot all the black guys they want without Portland and Rochester and Minneapolis burning the ground.  The "protests" are more political grandstanding by the left as a means to sway the electorate.  Oops....they realized a month ago they badly overplayed their hand and were swinging the electorate back to Trump.  Notice how the news media has dropped protest coverage entirely?  Gee, I wonder why.

And then finally, the issue of the alternative.  Did the Democrats nominate a bright, energetic, engaging candidate?  Someone who invoked the spirit and passion of JFK, Slick Willy, and Obama???   Uh.....how about a corrupt, career inside who's been a doormat in Presidential politics for decades, and is now a confused old man who can barely string two coherent sentences together?   Great choice!

If Gabbard or someone else reasonably sensible was the nominee, you've have my vote.   But not one of the many far-left loons, and certainly not a feeble, old, corrupt pol like Biden.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

🙄

Maybe not "bad" as in "evil." He’s just the the most self-serving, corrupt, tone deaf, lying, cheating idiots we've ever had sitting in the Oval Office.

I will give him this, though. I don't personally think it's so much his fault as his father's. I really wonder if his father ever cared enough to take him to a Doctor to see if he might not have a learning disability... my guess would be he has at least a mild form of Asberger's syndrome.

But back to your point. Yes. You're basically right. That's why I don't like him. That's what's made him a horrible President.

58 minutes ago, snafu said:

Simple question, because a lot of people give this exact reason for voting for Biden (because he’s simply not Trump):  If that’s the primary reason to vote for Biden and he wins, do you think he has a mandate to govern?

By "mandate to govern" you mean he's the President and the buck stops with him?

Yes. And he will.

However, I think you and others are conflating "mandate to govern" with micromanagement. He will surround himself with people he trusts to implement his policies in his cabinet. He would still be governing by doing that.

• Haha (+1) 1

Joe Biden is a racist useless senile doddering moron who did not do a damn thing in half a century in government. 
Now his lifeless masked body is being dragged across the finish line by Marxists and the MSM.

But yeah, go ahead and vote for him. 

1 hour ago, Wacka said:

Know what is going to stop riots?  Show. Snowflakes can'y stand snowflakes.  Remember how occupy wall street stopped when it got cold.

It stopped b.c no one gave a ***** about it

2 minutes ago, Bakin said:

Joe Biden is a racist useless senile doddering moron who did not do a damn thing in half a century in government. 
Now his lifeless masked body is being dragged across the finish line by Marxists and the MSM.

It's either that or an exact copy who has shown to do nothing for the past 4 years....

Like I said the next 4 years are going to be the worst for this country. Doesn't matter who is president

Edited by TBBills

19 minutes ago, Bakin said:

I agree with you. I was trying to have a reason proved to me from the left why he would make a good president. Unfortunately I got no good reasons to vote for him. I must say I did enjoy my conversation with Doc Brown. Even though I knew he saw through my post, he was very civil and answered my questions the way I wish more on the left would do. 

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, TBBills said:

You can choose the guy who hasn't done anything in 4 years of being president, or an old guy who probably won't do much in his 4 year but at least he wont be crazy and destroy this country any further than Trump already has. Both men are rapists, both men are too old to even be running this country but for some reason people wanted them to run.

It really doesn't matter too much who you choose the next 4 years are going to be very bad.

Wow, have you listened to him over the past year or two; do you really think he is not suffering dementia; do you accept Kamala Harris as President within a year?

14 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

This is such a weak take.  The hysteria from the left..... "tear down democracy!!" "Russian puppet!!" "Dictator!!" "Won't leave office!!".....started at 9pm on election night 2016 and has not abated for one moment.  That's the real story of the Trump era....how the formally misguided but otherwise sane left lost their collective minds.  

Is Trump an opportunistic bully who has personally benefited from being POTUS?  Yup.  Please explain how that differs from almost any past President?  I guess the Bushes were already rich.  How about Obama?  Nice $12mm waterfront estate on Martha's Vineyard he bought after a career of......20 years in public office.  Trump's biggest offense is that he's an a-hole and he's proud to prove that daily on twitter.

As for COVID, 215,000 people would be dead regardless of who the POTUS was when it hit.  Blaming Trump for COVID deaths is as dishonest a take as blaming GWB for 9/11 or Obama for Deepwater Horizon.  The USA has a very wealthy, very self absorbed, and very mobile population.  And that's what spreads COVID.  To old people. Who are the ones who die from it.  The only DIRECT action an individual has taken that DIRECTLY caused additional COVID deaths is the great Andrew Cuomo thanks to his nursing home fiasco.  But I'm guessing you're not holding him to your Trump standard on COVID.

Racial conflicts are Trumps fault??  So cops just started shooting black guys in the last 3 1/2 years?  Of course not.  So long as a Democrat is in the White House, cops can shoot all the black guys they want without Portland and Rochester and Minneapolis burning the ground.  The "protests" are more political grandstanding by the left as a means to sway the electorate.  Oops....they realized a month ago they badly overplayed their hand and were swinging the electorate back to Trump.  Notice how the news media has dropped protest coverage entirely?  Gee, I wonder why.

And then finally, the issue of the alternative.  Did the Democrats nominate a bright, energetic, engaging candidate?  Someone who invoked the spirit and passion of JFK, Slick Willy, and Obama???   Uh.....how about a corrupt, career inside who's been a doormat in Presidential politics for decades, and is now a confused old man who can barely string two coherent sentences together?   Great choice!

If Gabbard or someone else reasonably sensible was the nominee, you've have my vote.   But not one of the many far-left loons, and certainly not a feeble, old, corrupt pol like Biden.

So much I disagree with here but I'm not going through a point by point rebuttal rehashing crap I've brought up before for the umpteenth time.

For the most part you and many like you have hitched your wagon to a man who among other th8ngs, has so shamed our country that we are no longer that shining "City upon a hill" we once were.

It's going to to be a long time to undo Trump’s damage.

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

So much I disagree with here but I'm not going through a point by point rebuttal rehashing crap I've brought up before for the umpteenth time.

For the most part you and many like you have hitched your wagon to a man who among other th8ngs, has so shamed our country that we are no longer that shining "City upon a hill" we once were.

It's going to to be a long time to undo Trump’s damage.

You just don't stop do you. I think you need some time away from PPP. 

• Like (+1) 2