5 hours ago, Bill Murray said:

BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT

1) Houston Texans

2) Sam Darnold

WORST STORYLINE

1) Injuries

BIGGEST SURPRISE

1) Offensive efficiency / scoring uptick despite limited offseason

would put Teddy Bridgewater in there...after his wipeout year and two years of starting a few games on new teams with no traction, having a good year on a team with depleted talent post McCaffery's injury 

**GABE DAVIS**

Not even going to list the pandemic?  Last I checked, it was kind of a big deal.

It's a good list for the most part, but I would simply point out it's unlikely that Allen wins OPOY if he doesn't win MVP. It's pretty rare for that to happen with QBs. In the past 10 years, QBs won OPOY 6 times. 5 of those 6 won MVP (with the one exception being Drew Brees in 2011 when Rodgers won MVP). I would guess the current candidates for OPOY would be:

1. Russell Wilson - current front runner for MVP and therefore a good chance to win OPOY as well
  2. Dalvin Cook - currently on pace for roughly 1700 rushing yards and 24 rushing TDs (not to mention 12 two point conversions I believe)
  3. Dak Prescott - currently on pace for over 6,700 passing yards and 48 TDs (passing + rushing). Obviously behind Wilson and Allen TD wise but if he somehow eclipses 6,000 passing yards in a season I think he has a strong chance.
  4. Allen/Rodgers/Mahomes - basically the other main MVP candidates right now

Obviously still extremely early to be looking at awards anyways but that's the way I would currently look at it.

31 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Wentz hasn't been good since his second season.

Except for the last 5 games of last season when after sucking for about 11 weeks he did actually play some really good football and loads of people jumped back on board and were riding the hype train for 2020. He looks back to the form he exhibited for the first part of last year now though. In fact probably not even that good.

30 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m 100% with you here. He is, and has been, the most overrated player in the league for a couple of years. He opened the year with the same MVP odds as Rodgers. That’s crazy.

He is horribly overrated. I think a lot of people decided he was good in that 2017 season and have been ignoring the vast majority of what their eyes have being seeing with him since.

14 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

It's a good list for the most part, but I would simply point out it's unlikely that Allen wins OPOY if he doesn't win MVP. It's pretty rare for that to happen with QBs. In the past 10 years, QBs won OPOY 6 times. 5 of those 6 won MVP (with the one exception being Drew Brees in 2011 when Rodgers won MVP). I would guess the current candidates for OPOY would be:

1. Russell Wilson - current front runner for MVP and therefore a good chance to win OPOY as well
  2. Dalvin Cook - currently on pace for roughly 1700 rushing yards and 24 rushing TDs (not to mention 12 two point conversions I believe)
  3. Dak Prescott - currently on pace for over 6,700 passing yards and 48 TDs (passing + rushing). Obviously behind Wilson and Allen TD wise but if he somehow eclipses 6,000 passing yards in a season I think he has a strong chance.
  4. Allen/Rodgers/Mahomes - basically the other main MVP candidates right now

Obviously still extremely early to be looking at awards anyways but that's the way I would currently look at it.

Dak will likely break the passing record because unless they fire Mike Nolan tomorrow the Cowboys are going to need to score 35 points even to have a chance of being in a game every single week. That scheme is an utter unadulterated mess. It is so Rex Ryan circa 2015 it is untrue.

7 hours ago, Mango said:

I know people hate to admit it, but Bill Belichick deserved to be on the coach of the year list. Dude lost how many starters this year, including Brady? 

Totally, and it sucks to say it, but he is definately in the mix. But he's .500 right now and we have to see how the rest of the season goes. If Cam can't play another week they definately will not win. Those two backups suck.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, MJS said:

Totally, and it sucks to say it, but he is definately in the mix. But he's .500 right now and we have to see how the rest of the season goes. If Cam can't play another week they definately will not win. Those two backups suck.

Agreed. Sorry, didn't mean BB should be ahead of McD, but he deserves to be on the discussion list of candidates. Same with Cam at comeback player of the year. I don't get the Big Ben hype. He is riding a good defense, playing well (enough) but also looks absolutely gassed. I would be shocked if he comes back next year. 

Cheers!

I said in another thread Matt La Fleur will get consideration for coach of the year.  The fact that Andy Reid coach the Super Bowl winners, who were expected to repeat, weighs against him.  People like to give that award to somebody who can succeed against the odds over someone who succeeds with the odds in their favor.

3 hours ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Why Andy Reid?  I mean, he's great, but what specifically has he done this year to warrant this consideration?  Just curious.

Well they are very similar so far in 2020.

funny enough, they are both 4-0.  Each have wins against a 

0-4 team (Jets / Texans)

1-3 team (Dolphins / Chargers)

2-2 team (Raiders / Patriots)

3-1 team (Rams / Ravens)

So far I would say beating Jackson, Bellichick and Watson nudges Reid slightly ahead.

go figure this... McDermott has buffalo averaging a smidge more points per game than Reid and Kansas BUT Reid and Kansas are 2nd in NFL IN POINTS ALLOWED.

upside world.

7 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

Not even going to list the pandemic?  Last I checked, it was kind of a big deal.

Lol, I guess kind of a known known at this point and so far things in the NFL at least seem to have been going better than expected, albeit not perfect.  But yes, I hear you, major oversight

1 hour ago, Bill Murray said:

Lol, I guess kind of a known known at this point and so far things in the NFL at least seem to have been going better than expected, albeit not perfect.  But yes, I hear you, major oversight

Raiders just put reserve DT Bill Murray on Covid/reserve.

How do you feel?😲