ROOKIE OF THE YEAR

1.) Justin Herbert

COMEBACK PLAYER OF THE YEAR

1.). Ben Rothlesberger

MVP

1.) Russel Wilson

1a.) Aaron Rodgers

2.) Josh Allen

McD over Reid for me.  McD is the coach of the year right now IMO.

Agree with the others except MVP.  Wilson, Allen, then Rodgers IMO.  

• Like (+1) 3

6 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

McD over Reid for me.  McD is the coach of the year right now IMO.

Agree with the others except MVP.  Wilson, Allen, then Rodgers IMO.  

Yeah it is real close on Rodgers/Allen...I think what a contributing factor was (so strange but fun say) is that Rodgers has been doing what he is doing with less weapons considering Adams has only played in 2 out of 4 games.

• Like (+1) 1

GM of the Year - Brandon Beane.

He took a massive risk going with a very raw project at #7 in which a lot of people hated the pick.  Also the night before the tweets came out.  Now Allen playing at an MVP level.

They have completely changed the team from the Rex years except I think two players.  Now the team is contending and the process looks legit.  We will see though....only a 1/4 of the way through.

• Like (+1) 1

I know people hate to admit it, but Bill Belichick deserved to be on the coach of the year list. Dude lost how many starters this year, including Brady? 

Edwards-Helaire ahead of Herbert at the moment. He has been absolutely lights out. 

Cam over Big Ben as comeback player. People thought he was toast 5 weeks ago. Career over. Nothing left in the tank.

• Like (+1) 3

Russell Wilson, Josh Allen and Aaron Rodgers should be in a 3-way tie for MVP.

The only reason people keep pushing Wilson, is because they feel like he has deserved it before and been overlooked.

8 hours ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

COACH  OF THE YEAR

1.) Andy Reid

2.) Sean McDermott

OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF YEAR

1.) Josh Allen

DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF YEAR

1.) Myles Garrett

ROOKIE OF THE YEAR

1.) Justin Herbert

1.). Ben Rothlesberger

MVP

1.) Russel Wilson

1a.) Aaron Rodgers

2.) Josh Allen

Nice list!! Not a gripe from me. The one thing that I’ll add is Chase Young as DROY (assuming this injury isn’t long term).

BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT

1) Houston Texans

2) Sam Darnold

WORST STORYLINE

1) Injuries

BIGGEST SURPRISE

1) Offensive efficiency / scoring uptick despite limited offseason

1.). Ben Rothlesberger

would put Teddy Bridgewater in there...after his wipeout year and two years of starting a few games on new teams with no traction, having a good year on a team with depleted talent post McCaffery's injury 

ROOKIE OF THE YEAR

1.) Justin Herbert

**GABE DAVIS**

Edited by Bill Murray
  • Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Rodgers over Allen in the MVP race is entirely a media narrative based on name recognition and a desire to pander to the “Rodgers is pissed and playing amazingly” crowd.

I have watched some of Rodgers All-22.  He’s playing amazingly.

For contrast I watched some Packers-Vikings.  Cousins is atrocious so Rodgers looks absolutely divine in comparison.  His play is ridiculous.

Edited by BarleyNY

5 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

I have watched some of Rodgers All-22.  He’s playing amazingly.

For contrast I watched some Packers-Vikings.  Cousins is atrocious so Rodgers looks absolutely divine in comparison.  His play is ridiculous.

No doubt. I'm not taking away from Rodgers, just that he isn't statistically as good as Allen. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

No doubt. I'm not taking away from Rodgers, just that he isn't statistically as good as Allen. 

You're right.

Rogers has a slight statistical edge over Allen. 

Wilson has the statistical edge over either Rodgers or Allen, and if the season ended today (with the narrative that he's been an elite player for so long without an MVP), would probably be unanimous MVP. 

To OP's list: 

I don't think they'd give DPOY to Garrett unless he's a complete run away stats wise. Bad optics to give him that award after the helmet beating incident 

43 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

You're right.

Rogers has a slight statistical edge over Allen. 

Wilson has the statistical edge over either Rodgers or Allen, and if the season ended today (with the narrative that he's been an elite player for so long without an MVP), would probably be unanimous MVP. 

To OP's list: 

I don't think they'd give DPOY to Garrett unless he's a complete run away stats wise. Bad optics to give him that award after the helmet beating incident 

I don't think Rodgers has an edge over Allen at all:

Allen     |    Rodgers

Comp% --        70.9%   >    70.5%

PYRDS --         1,326    >   1,214

PTD's --              12      <     13

INT's --                 1       >      0

YPA --                 8.7     <      9

YPC --               12.6     >   12.4

RYRDS --            83      >     31

RTDS --                3       >      0 

GWD --                 2       >      1

It's close, no doubt, but Allen has the edge here. Especially when you consider that the INT, and one less passing TD is a direct result of ref screw jobs... Obviously those happen, so it's not worth much, but it changes how these numbers are viewed (though I couldn't swear that Rodgers hasn't had similar things happen to him). 

It's also worth noting, that while Allen has better pass catchers, he actually has more drops than Rodgers (10 to AR's 7) which really is the metric for how the receivers are helping, I think. Furthermore, Rodgers has the #4 rushing attack in the league on his side compared to Allen's #28. 

The last really interesting thing comparing the two is On target % according to pro football reference:

Allen 85.4% >> Rodgers 57.5% 

I personally don't put too much stock in stats like that, but there it is for what that's worth. 

Sources - 

Allen: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/AlleJo02.htm

Rodgers: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/RodgAa00.htm

2 hours ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Yeah it is real close on Rodgers/Allen...I think what a contributing factor was (so strange but fun say) is that Rodgers has been doing what he is doing with less weapons considering Adams has only played in 2 out of 4 games.

Yeah, it’s definitely close.  My reply was prior to last nights game too.  It’s a 3 man race between these 3 guys right now.  Mahomes and Kamara I think round out the top 5.

3 hours ago, whatdrought said:

I don't think Rodgers has an edge over Allen at all:

Allen     |    Rodgers

Comp% --        70.9%   >    70.5%

PYRDS --         1,326    >   1,214

PTD's --              12      <     13

INT's --                 1       >      0

YPA --                 8.7     <      9

YPC --               12.6     >   12.4

RYRDS --            83      >     31

RTDS --                3       >      0 

GWD --                 2       >      1

It's close, no doubt, but Allen has the edge here. Especially when you consider that the INT, and one less passing TD is a direct result of ref screw jobs... Obviously those happen, so it's not worth much, but it changes how these numbers are viewed (though I couldn't swear that Rodgers hasn't had similar things happen to him). 

It's also worth noting, that while Allen has better pass catchers, he actually has more drops than Rodgers (10 to AR's 7) which really is the metric for how the receivers are helping, I think. Furthermore, Rodgers has the #4 rushing attack in the league on his side compared to Allen's #28. 

The last really interesting thing comparing the two is On target % according to pro football reference:

Allen 85.4% >> Rodgers 57.5% 

I personally don't put too much stock in stats like that, but there it is for what that's worth. 

Sources - 

Allen: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/AlleJo02.htm

Rodgers: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/RodgAa00.htm

Few more stats

QB rating is 128.4 for Rodgers to 122.7 for Allen (we can make the argument Allens INT wasn't really an INT, but ultimately that's how the NFL scored it). 

Rodgers has 0 fumbles. Allen has 2 fumbles

From a stats perspective it really is neck and neck, but I'd give the slight edge to the 0 turnovers

5 hours ago, Bill Murray said:

BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT

1) Houston Texans

2) Sam Darnold

You can’t have a disappointment list without including Carson Wentz and the Cowboys defense. Houston and Darnold have regressed but I don’t think anyone had particularly high expectations for either. Wentz was a MVP candidate and the Cowboys defense was good. They both stink at the moment.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

COACH  OF THE YEAR

1.) Andy Reid

2.) Sean McDermott

OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF YEAR

1.) Josh Allen

DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF YEAR

1.) Myles Garrett

ROOKIE OF THE YEAR

1.) Justin Herbert

1.). Ben Rothlesberger

MVP

1.) Russel Wilson

1a.) Aaron Rodgers

2.) Josh Allen

Why Andy Reid?  I mean, he's great, but what specifically has he done this year to warrant this consideration?  Just curious.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

You can’t have a disappointment list without including Carson Wentz and the Cowboys defense. Houston and Darnold have regressed but I don’t think anyone had particularly high expectations for either. Wentz was an MVP candidate and the Cowboys defense was good. They both stink at the moment.

Wentz hasn't been good since his second season.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Why Andy Reid?  I mean, he's great, but what specifically has he done this year to warrant this consideration?  Just curious.

He absolutely the best at fogging up a face shield!

• Haha (+1) 1