Should we trade for JJ ?

4 hours ago, PonyBoy said:

I've followed TBD since 2007 and last year decided to join. I'm not a social media expert, nor do I want to be. I've made about 50 something comments in 1 year+. My first comment when I joined was I would never start a post and to please be kind to me if I make a comment. This Niagara dude who's getting raked is why I said I'd never post 1st. I've seen the lampoons of other newbies, tough crowd to please. I get it, you don't want the site overrun with a new post for every new thought. Virgil, Shaw and formerly Bill from NYC are newspaper worthy of their insight, but they all started with a first post too. I give my thumbs up, Awesomes, beers cheers etc... the cynicism and humor of this board is one of a kind. I'm still sticking to my guns, will never start a post. Remember Buffalo is supposed to be the city of good neighbors, cut some slack to some of these posters trying to have their opinion heard. Go Bills!

Thanks, Gram!👍

• Like (+1) 1

He's a good dude and a hell of a player, in his prime. 

Seattle and GB are entertaining Snacks Harrison this week.  This is what good teams that are thriving do. Address weaknesses and plug in solutions. Snacks, Earl Thomas, Nigel Bradham are all out there. Whether they improve our roster may be debatable. Might be too early for a trade unless you're plucking from an 0-4 team that's dead in the water.

4 hours ago, PonyBoy said:

I've followed TBD since 2007 and last year decided to join. I'm not a social media expert, nor do I want to be. I've made about 50 something comments in 1 year+. My first comment when I joined was I would never start a post and to please be kind to me if I make a comment. This Niagara dude who's getting raked is why I said I'd never post 1st. I've seen the lampoons of other newbies, tough crowd to please. I get it, you don't want the site overrun with a new post for every new thought. Virgil, Shaw and formerly Bill from NYC are newspaper worthy of their insight, but they all started with a first post too. I give my thumbs up, Awesomes, beers cheers etc... the cynicism and humor of this board is one of a kind. I'm still sticking to my guns, will never start a post. Remember Buffalo is supposed to be the city of good neighbors, cut some slack to some of these posters trying to have their opinion heard. Go Bills!

Definitely taking your chances with this bunch when you start a opinionated thread that's for sure. It's all in fun, most times.

8 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

Not sure if he has anything left but would you trade for JJ Watt for a future 2nd and Murphy.  Right now this team is a play maker away on defence from being Super Bowl contenders,  our offence is great but hard to watch the Raiders go up and down the field with so many guys injured on their offensive side of ball and think what a full loaded great offensive team would do.  If not JJ is there anyone else who could help because our ends have been useless getting to the QB this season.

Second or 3rd could get it done,  i am leaning towards a 3rd along with 5th or 6th

Trade for a guy who sucks anymore?

11 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

Not sure if he has anything left but would you trade for JJ Watt for a future 2nd and Murphy.  Right now this team is a play maker away on defence from being Super Bowl contenders,  our offence is great but hard to watch the Raiders go up and down the field with so many guys injured on their offensive side of ball and think what a full loaded great offensive team would do.  If not JJ is there anyone else who could help because our ends have been useless getting to the QB this season.

Second or 3rd could get it done,  i am leaning towards a 3rd along with 5th or 6th

You sure have a purdy mouth right now:wub:

10 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Are you the same guy that called WGR with this last week?

That was me:oops:

8 hours ago, Clyde Smith said:

A few teams are about to have dumpster fires before trade deadline. I'll target the whole NFC East first.

Kerrigan as well then

11 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

Surely you can't be serious

12 hours ago, PonyBoy said:

Cheers,  the point was maybe JJ or someone else but i think everyone could agree not having any kind of consistent pass rush is a problem.  There was one play on Sunday that they highlighted showing Carr having time to start scanning on one side of the field where play was designed and called to go and turn around and scan opposite side to find a wide open receiver.  Fans are making jokes now because were 4-0,  they  formula will not work against better offensive teams.  We need another edge rusher,  maybe not JJ but another guy.

4 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

By one guy with 18 avatars.

Surely you must be taking long washroom breaks when our defence is on the field and i mean real long breaks because they are not stopping anyone.

2 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Cheers,  the point was maybe JJ or someone else but i think everyone could agree not having any kind of consistent pass rush is a problem.  There was one play on Sunday that they highlighted showing Carr having time to start scanning on one side of the field where play was designed and called to go and turn around and scan opposite side to find a wide open receiver.  Fans are making jokes now because were 4-0,  they  formula will not work against better offensive teams.  We need another edge rusher,  maybe not JJ but another guy.

Wtf are you talking about the Bills beat what was at the time the #1 offense in the Rams...

7 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Surely you must be taking long washroom breaks when our defence is on the field and i mean real long breaks because they are not stopping anyone.

If you were serious about Beane trading for a pass rusher you would have titled the thread so.

You titled it "Should we trade for JJ?".  This is click bait.

Seriously, do you think Beane would even consider JJ Watt?  If you do you have no concept of what Beane is about.

DynOmite! 

oh, and no, a this season rental would be okay but the cost would frankly be disruptive. 

JJ Watt, LOL.

Why would the Texans give him up?  They are only 3 games behind, have yet to play anyone in their division, have the toughest part of their schedule behind them, finally got rid of Bill O Brien. If Watt is any good anymore Houston is not going to give him away.  Watt is a demi-God in Houston and the Texans would demand a ransom for him even though his best days are behind him. He still has a tremendous fan appeal in Houston.

I definitely make the call and find out what the cost is.

Our 2nd and 3rd Round picks have been pedestrian for much of Bills history. But I don’t know that I go a 2nd. 

He’s under contract for 2020 and 2021 between $15M and $17.5M per, and there are cap restrictions likely next season. 

Our defensive line is average. 

Bottom line is, I wouldn’t dismiss it out of hand like most of the fans on this board.