Week 5 Power Rankings

1 minute ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

IDBF, don't worry, as I have your back as long as I can hold my red and blue "Poof" style Nerf ball in my right hand on the third play of the Bills' first offensive series of the game.

...and if I could fit the photo (file size wise) of the years old poof ball on this page, I would.

That's good to know. Now we just need to ensure  @JÂy RÛßeÒ will have his Zubaz back from the dry cleaner in time for game day, I'm beginning to like our chances.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Their fate was sealed long before he made that post. 

The BIlls are undefeated when I can open my garage door with one click on the opener from my truck. Yesterday, it took two clicks because I was unfortunately too far away when I clicked it the first time.

Sorry about that. It was a good run, though.

It is OK. We have been watching the game every week with the same crew outside in our backyard on a 120" projector screen. Well....Somebodies (2 in the group are twins) family wants to do sort of a Sunday Sauce family dinner and wants us all as a group to join and watch the game at their moms house. Well, I have to make a decision this week, is my game watching set up the lucky part? Do I stay at home and go about my routine? Or is the group the lucky part, and I can bring the set up (or not) to the families house. 

I am not thrilled by this. We are in our mid-30's. I don't have to go to your moms house for dinner. And news flash, neither do you, who are also in your 30's. Grow up, and tell her to do it Saturday, and if she can't do it Saturday, tell her to move it to next Sunday when there is no Bills game.

Screw it. I am staying home, fork their spaghetti dinner. GO BILLS!!!! Thanks for helping me work through this one guys. 

16 hours ago, TwistofFate said:

No, no way the Ravens are ranked above us with a loss. Top 3 teams right now are KC, Seattle, Buffalo. 

I can see the argument either way.

The Ravens single loss was to the Chiefs.  1 of the Bills wins was against the Jets.  

Meh.

5 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-power-rankings-can-the-eagles-beat-the-cowboys-in-a-putrid-nfc-east-035735663.html

4. Buffalo Bills (4-0, LW: 3)

The Bills have been good, but there is still room for improvement. The Raiders had more yards and first downs on Sunday, but the Bills forced some well-timed turnovers and made some big plays to get the win. This team is going to get better as the season goes on. There’s a lot of talent, a good coaching staff and they have a 4-0 start in their back pocket.

How did they drop a spot? To the Packers?   Minny, Detroit, Saints and Falcons.   <_<

The Packers have played as well and certainly not worse than the Bills. Plus, I think get the edge since Rogers has been elite for years while Allen for weeks.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, TwistofFate said:

No, no way the Ravens are ranked above us with a loss. Top 3 teams right now are KC, Seattle, Buffalo. 

Power rankings are different than standings. They are the opinion of the writer or the product of some computer formula that takes into account more than wins and losses.

I think the Bills could be anywhere from #3 - #8 right now.  If they played Baltimore am I sure the Bills would win? No, therefore I don't....for the time being...have a problem with them behind Baltimore.

12 minutes ago, Mango said:

It is OK. We have been watching the game every week with the same crew outside in our backyard on a 120" projector screen. Well....Somebodies (2 in the group are twins) family wants to do sort of a Sunday Sauce family dinner and wants us all as a group to join and watch the game at their moms house. Well, I have to make a decision this week, is my game watching set up the lucky part? Do I stay at home and go about my routine? Or is the group the lucky part, and I can bring the set up (or not) to the families house. 

I am not thrilled by this. We are in our mid-30's. I don't have to go to your moms house for dinner. And news flash, neither do you, who are also in your 30's. Grow up, and tell her to do it Saturday, and if she can't do it Saturday, tell her to move it to next Sunday when there is no Bills game.

Screw it. I am staying home, fork their spaghetti dinner. GO BILLS!!!! Thanks for helping me work through this one guys. 

Sorry, extremely tangential here, but what projector do you have?  How well does it work in ambient light?

I got an Optoma HD 146x about a month ago for outdoor parties under a tent for the same thing.

...Now I set it up in my living room for 135" of goodness on Sunday afternoons! 

33 minutes ago, TBBills said:

No he isn't... No one cares who you think the worst poster is just b.c you don't like what I say. Ignore is a feature for you to use since you can't handle discussion.

You cannot even respond to someone without trying to insult, good job.

You’re saying that Ryan Tannehill hasn’t improved since he’s joined the titans, correct?  I’m not saying he’s a great QB.  He’s not.  He’s not Josh Allen.  He’s not Pat Mahomes.  He IS better than he was in Miami, partly due to having a better coaching staff and more talent around him.  Partly due to him improving as a passer.  The titans are an undefeated team that just seems to win game after game after game since he became the starter.  Winning games.  They are a tough opponent and I expect a dogfight.

I respond to people all the time without trying to insult.  I don’t care if others care about my opinion regarding who the worst poster is.  I didn’t say it so others would read it.  I said it so you would read it.    I just say it how I see it.  Always been blunt and to the point.  I don’t beat around the bush.  I’ve handled plenty of discussions in the 19+ years I’ve been on this board.   Your takes are some of the most shortsighted I’ve seen in these 19+ years.  If you come to Vegas, I’ll buy you a beer and tell you I think you suck as a poster and we can be friends if you don’t get offended.  I’m really a likable guy.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, Mango said:

I'm in my late 50s and when my online order of Josh's Jaqs arrived on Sunday just before kickoff, Younger Me started whispering "Dude, this aint good" to Older Me. When Josh hurt his shoulder, Younger Me was whispering, "Did I tell you or did I tell you?" and even tried to convince me I could still drink like him.

Younger Me is an evil MF'er.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

I don’t do superstition!!!

Me neither.  

Unfortunately the Bills WALLOW in it. It's a bit like wearing a mask during the Covid outbreak. Be careful for others! 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TBBills said:

They have dominated every team they played on offense... Don't know what more you want.

Had the refs not called the completion an interception we wouldn't be talking about that. We also played Fitzmagic not Fitztragic that game. Yea... Dominated 

I'd say: They have dominated every team they played on offense for the first half and played well in the 4th quarter and only thru the air. 4 TD's a game isn't dominant, not when you're giving up 2 to 3!

They certainly haven't done a dominant job running the ball and defensively no area has been dominant. He was Fitzmagic with a bunch of no name receivers other than Parker because our defense was bad.  Imagine if  Miami had the receivers we have, we probably would have lost.  2 of the 4 games the opposing QB had more yards than Allen. We've only won one game by more than one score and that was only 10 points.

We are playing very good, better than the opposition, Allen is playing at an MVP level and receivers may be the best group in the league, those two areas you could argue we have been dominant and wouldn't disagree, but overall as a team far from it.

If you think that's overall dominant, you don't know what the word means.

Just now, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I'd say: They have dominated every team they played on offense for the first half and played well in the 4th quarter and only thru the air. 4 TD's a game isn't dominant, not when you're giving up 2 to 3!

They certainly haven't done a dominant job running the ball and defensively no area has been dominant. He was Fitzmagic with a bunch of no name receivers other than Parker because our defense was bad.  Imagine if  Miami had the receivers we have, we probably would have lost.  2 of the 4 games the opposing QB had more yards than Allen. We've only won one game by more than one score and that was only 10 points.

We are playing very good, better than the opposition, Allen is playing at an MVP level and receivers may be the best group in the league, those two areas you could argue we have been dominant and wouldn't disagree, but overall as a team far from it.

More yards doesn't matter b.c it means you are losing...

56 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Power rankings are different than standings. They are the opinion of the writer or the product of some computer formula that takes into account more than wins and losses.

I think the Bills could be anywhere from #3 - #8 right now.  If they played Baltimore am I sure the Bills would win? No, therefore I don't....for the time being...have a problem with them behind Baltimore.

3-8 is a stretch lol. i can see 3-6 not 3-8 thats just nuts

5 hours ago, mjt328 said:

Hard to argue with that spot.  Undefeated or not, there are some other really good teams in the NFL.  

In the AFC, the Chiefs should definitely be ranked #1.  They are the defending Super Bowl champions, and have won most of their games pretty soundly.  The Ravens have looked great against everyone except the Chiefs.  That third spot is pretty close between the Bills, Steelers and Titans.

In the NFC, I think the Packers look the best.  They are closely followed by the Seahawks and the Rams.  The 49ers would probably be in that discussion if not for injuries.  The Bucs are creeping up the list, and the Saints still have time to turn it around.

The good news is... I don't believe the Bills are playing anywhere close to their best on defense.  If they can get that side of the ball hammered out, I think they can beat anyone on this list.

I agree. I think it’s a mental thing the defense finally doesn’t have to carry the load. Or were really missing Zo as a leader and a difference maker. But they have a few new pieces and I also believe they will get better and when that happens if the offense stays the same. We can truly beat any team in this league. 

5 hours ago, mjt328 said:

Hard to argue with that spot.  Undefeated or not, there are some other really good teams in the NFL.  

In the AFC, the Chiefs should definitely be ranked #1.  They are the defending Super Bowl champions, and have won most of their games pretty soundly.  The Ravens have looked great against everyone except the Chiefs.  That third spot is pretty close between the Bills, Steelers and Titans.

In the NFC, I think the Packers look the best.  They are closely followed by the Seahawks and the Rams.  The 49ers would probably be in that discussion if not for injuries.  The Bucs are creeping up the list, and the Saints still have time to turn it around.

The good news is... I don't believe the Bills are playing anywhere close to their best on defense.  If they can get that side of the ball hammered out, I think they can beat anyone on this list.

I agree. I think it’s a mental thing the defense finally doesn’t have to carry the load. Or were really missing Zo as a leader and a difference maker. But they have a few new pieces and I also believe they will get better and when that happens if the offense stays the same. We can truly beat any team in this league. 

1 hour ago, TBBills said:

More yards doesn't matter b.c it means you are losing...

True, though is concerning that a 4-0 team isn't doing better running the ball since they had the lead.

The post I originally replied to asserted the Bills are a dominant team period, didn't state offense only or passing only, just dominant.

While their passing game has been dominant and overall offensively great but without the running game being better IMO wouldn't call them an overall dominant offense.  

Certainly a team that wins 3 of 4 games by one score only and lets the opponent back into the game three times by blowing leads is far from dominant.

They  are doing great, winning and I'm happy.

2 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2020/09/13/new-york-jets-lose-to-buffalo-bills-week-1-instant-analysis/

New York kicked off its 2020 season with a typical no-show performance, as the Bills dominated for four quarters to the tune of a 27-17 victory.

https://thespun.com/nfl/afc-east/buffalo-bills/bills-blown-lead-rams-jokes

Josh Allen and the Buffalo Bills were dominant for about three quarters against the Los Angeles Rams today.

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2020/10/05/podcast-buffalo-bills-las-vegas-raiders-tennessee-titans-covid-19/

Bills dominate Raiders; There were seldom any moments where the Bills team were at risk of losing control, and the Bills seemed relatively effective in all phases of the game.

I'd say thats pretty dominant.

5 minutes ago, FlaFitz1 said:

I'm shocked - the USA Today has the Bills in the top 10.

Albeit, a spot behind the Rams

https://www.usatoday.com/picture-gallery/sports/nfl/2020/10/06/nfl-power-rankings-after-week-4-2020-season/3634054001/

they suck.  😂 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30048217/week-5-nfl-power-rankings-1-32-poll-plus-2020-playoff-chances-every-team?platform=amp

5. Buffalo Bills (4-0)

Week 4 ranking: 5

FPI chance to make playoffs: 91.7%

This is about where it should be. The Bills are for real this season, with a high-octane offense powered by an early MVP candidate in Josh Allen. The only thing keeping this number from being even higher is Buffalo's defensive struggles through four games, but that unit showed serious signs of life during a Week 4 win over the Raiders. The Bills have the seventh-hardest remaining schedule according to FPI, but if this defense can return to the top-three form we've seen from it each of the past two seasons, Buffalo will be contending for an AFC title -- and possibly a Super Bowl. -- Marcel Louis-Jacques

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-week-5-power-rankings-browns-and-colts-surge-into-top-10-two-new-york-teams-at-the-bottom/amp/

4  BILLS--4-0-0

Winning on the road the way they did at Las Vegas shows how good they are this season. Now they face another tough road test at Tennessee against the undefeated Titans.

Did I do SI ?

https://www.si.com/.amp/nfl/2020/10/06/nfl-week-5-power-rankings-packers-giants-titans

4. Buffalo Bills (4-0)

Last week: Win at Las Vegas 30-23
Next week: at Tennessee

Josh Allen’s growing, Stefon Diggs is balling, and Buffalo’s pulling on all cylinders right now. We’ll see if they get to show in Nashville this week—no certainty yet given the circumstances there.

WaPo 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/10/06/nfl-power-rankings-week-5-chiefs-continue-lead-way-after-beating-shorthanded-patriots/?outputType=amp

6. Buffalo Bills (4-0) | Last week’s rank: 7

The Bills got a scare Sunday with QB Josh Allen’s injury to his left (non-throwing) shoulder. But he returned without missing a play, and the victory in Las Vegas continued the Bills’ impressive start.

3 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

3-8 is a stretch lol. i can see 3-6 not 3-8 thats just nuts

Nuts?  Maybe you don't agree, but it certainly isn't nuts.  3-8 'averages' out to 5.5...which I think is a fair place for them.

6 teams without a loss...and then throw in the Ravens to make it 7.  One more team that someone MIGHT think is better than the Bills to make it to 8?  You don't have to disagree with it, but it certainly isn't 'nuts'.

21 hours ago, TwistofFate said:

Buffalo should be 3rd.  Undefeated, 4-0, with a top offense in the league.  We haven't just won, we've dominated. 

Dominated??  They've won the last 3 games by a total of 13 points.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

they suck.  😂 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30048217/week-5-nfl-power-rankings-1-32-poll-plus-2020-playoff-chances-every-team?platform=amp

5. Buffalo Bills (4-0)

Week 4 ranking: 5

FPI chance to make playoffs: 91.7%

This is about where it should be. The Bills are for real this season, with a high-octane offense powered by an early MVP candidate in Josh Allen. The only thing keeping this number from being even higher is Buffalo's defensive struggles through four games, but that unit showed serious signs of life during a Week 4 win over the Raiders. The Bills have the seventh-hardest remaining schedule according to FPI, but if this defense can return to the top-three form we've seen from it each of the past two seasons, Buffalo will be contending for an AFC title -- and possibly a Super Bowl. -- Marcel Louis-Jacques

The Pats are at 52.4%, the Fins are 12.3% and Jets 2.7% to make the playoffs

• Awesome! (+1) 1