Milano is week-to-week with injury

Process

9 minutes ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

Yeah agree that we could use a young guy or two on the right side of the line (need an upgrade at RG and hoping we re-sign Daryl Williams who's been very good so far at RT). We probably need a speed guy at RB3 as well, could bring a whole new element to the offense. Of course FA will play a role as well. 

That being said, I'd be pretty cool with it being a defense-heavy draft. Need youth and depth at DE, LB, and CB. 

Agreed.  I’d like to draft 1 OL and 1 TE.  Resigning Williams would be nice but I’m afraid he’s going to our price himself and someone is going to pay him 12+ mill a year.  He’s still young. Maybe reliance comes back on the cheap and we draft a RT.  Having Williams there this year has meant a lot to this O.  If he leaves, we need a GOOD replacement 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Agreed.  I’d like to draft 1 OL and 1 TE.  Resigning Williams would be nice but I’m afraid he’s going to our price himself and someone is going to pay him 12+ mill a year.  He’s still young. Maybe reliance comes back on the cheap and we draft a RT.  Having Williams there this year has meant a lot to this O.  If he leaves, we need a GOOD replacement 

For sure, an underrated piece/reason for why our offense has gotten off to such a great start. We haven't had a good RT for ages.

42 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Depends on our draft board. Depends on if we sign a FA instead.  Depends it Dotson can step his game up over the next 12+ games.  

CB2 RT, RG, DE, TE, SLB, WLB (if milano does leave)

Surprisingly in McDermotts base 43 the last 2 years milano has lined up at strong side

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, TBBills Fan said:

At this point I feel like Milano is more valuable to the team than Edmunds

This sounds right to me. Edwards has played ok, Milano is lights out. He may be the best coverage LB in the league right now. The hard decision coming up might be letting Edwards go, not Milano or Williams. 

23 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

If the Tenn game actually happens on Tuesday and depending upon how seriously depleted they are, i would not object to letting milano rest and recuperate and maybe start prepping for KC.

Remember the Steeler game when we lost to their 2nd teamers ?

8 minutes ago, billykay said:

We have a big personnel advantage this week. Just don't want to get too cocky.

Yeah, the thing is....we don’t actually play. It doesn’t matter if we get cocky. 

I get what you’re saying and I hope our players don’t get cocky, but what’s said here =  inconsequential 

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

If Milano leaves in FA, our first round pick would ideally be an LB right? Even if he stays, obviously BPA plays into the decision but I think we look to draft a CB2 and/or an LB with the first couple picks...

CB2 (Norman can change this) and LB depth are the biggest issues on this team (slot CB and Punter as well). 

Not worried about our punter, he's actually pretty good.  All defense in next years draft. A couple linebackers will be needed. I don't think Edmunds has earned a lucrative extension, so may need to find a replacement.

25 minutes ago, billykay said:

We have a big personnel advantage this week. Just don't want to get too cocky.

If were are missing both Milano and Tre, we are at a big disadvantage. Titans have a very good offense , some solid weapons.

On 10/5/2020 at 4:44 PM, Chandler#81 said:

Sadly, this brings us to what to do about a 2nd contract. I think Bills have to play their cards close to the vest because he’s not medically reliable. But other teams will entice him with big buck$$..

I remember availability being a big trait in players that McDermott wanted on the team so I would not be shocked if this is a major factor in how much they want to offer.  Maybe they’ll reconsider given how Dodson plays in his absence.  Week 2 wasn’t pretty 

2 hours ago, klos63 said:

Not worried about our punter, he's actually pretty good.  All defense in next years draft. A couple linebackers will be needed. I don't think Edmunds has earned a lucrative extension, so may need to find a replacement.

If were are missing both Milano and Tre, we are at a big disadvantage. Titans have a very good offense , some solid weapons.

I mostly agree.  I would be fine with BPA at any level and any position on defense and just add an OT at some point in the first 4 rounds. As you said I would add two linebackers at a minimum. I'd let Milano walk, move Edmunds to outside and draft another MLB.  Then a 1 technique DT, a CB, a pass rushing DE, and a safety.  Many teams have elected not to extend their safeties but the Bills did with Poyer.  Hyde is under contract for 2021.  

On 10/5/2020 at 1:35 PM, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

This stinks! He just cannot stay healthy. 

Unfortunately, this is my take too. Have seen some really talented players that for one reason or another are unable to stay on the field each season.

Not sure why, and it may be that they just throw their bodies into harms way trying to make plays and although you love that desire there is a bigger picture of living to play another day. Milano is a great fit for this defense, but only if he is able to stay on the field and contribute. Fair or not, his inability to stay healthy will factor into negotiations with him and the more time his replacements have to stay on the field the more ready they are to move into his role.

That is just the way it works in professional sports. Wish him a speedy recovery, the team is better when he is on the field, but I will not be surprised if Beane is pragmatic about finding a successor to his role.

3 hours ago, klos63 said:

Agree with your whole post...except the part about Bojo. He was one of the worst punters in the league by most metrics last season and while he hasn't had many opportunities this season due to the success of our offense, he had a terrible game this past Sunday. He's also been partly responsible for two of our missed FGs due to bad holds (laces turned in or sideways). 

For a team that's really building something and is ready to be a contender, it's important to be strong/consistent in all three phases and Bojo isn't either. Behind our LB and CB depth, he's the weak link of the team. 

3 hours ago, JohnNord said:

I remember availability being a big trait in players that McDermott wanted on the team so I would not be shocked if this is a major factor in how much they want to offer.  Maybe they’ll reconsider given how Dodson plays in his absence.  Week 2 wasn’t pretty 

Dotson was an UDFA so is probably irrelevant to how much they are willing to offer Milano. Quality LBs are easier to replace and they can do so at a tiny fraction of the cost of a second Milano contract in the 1st, 2nd or 3rd round of next year's draft.

14 hours ago, finn said:

This sounds right to me. Edwards has played ok, Milano is lights out. He may be the best coverage LB in the league right now. The hard decision coming up might be letting Edwards go, not Milano or Williams. 

6 hours ago, klos63 said:

Consider me fully on board to let Edmunds walk. No way Beane is signing him to a big contract. Sorry Sean but he'll never be your Kuechly. Keep Milano & Williams. They've earned it. All defensive draft in April.