Monday night Pats vs KC game. Who you rooting for?

jamiezzz

Just now, Shaw66 said:

Funny.  It didn't occur to me.  Rooting against the Patriots is such a habit, I never thought about broader playoff implications.

I've always thought of the Bills taking the next step - the next step being getting to the playoffs AND winning a playoff game.  I haven't gotten to the point where I'm thinking about home field in the playoffs.  

For me, it's first things first.  The Pats are too close.   Let them lose.   We'll deal with KC down the road. 

Trying to stay positive.

We're still in our tough slate of games. Going up two games over the Pats would be huge.

If we can get to our first NE game 6-1, that would be amazing. I see NE being 3-3 by that point, with losses to the Chiefs and 49ers between now and then.

• Like (+1) 1

What type of nonsense is this?! You root against the Patriots every time they play. You root against them when they practice. You root against them getting the cereal they like when they go shopping. You win your division. The rest is absolute malarkey.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Per our agreement with the NFL, (Section 12 Article 1- BillsMafia) Under no circumstance may member of Bills Mafia or die-hard true blue Bills fan root for the New England Patriots to win a game; unless and only unless by virtue of a New England victory, Buffalo increases their playoff seeding, playoff chances or receives substantial benefit from a New England victory.  

I don't think this qualifies yet. Too early in the season and we need to take the division. 

27 minutes ago, Ned Flanders said:

Seriously?  I'll root for the Patriots when they play Al-Qaeda.

I probably still wouldn't.

14 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

KC loss?

we aren't getting the #1 seed lol. don't even waste your time thinking about that

we need NE to lose as many games as possible. 

i get why people would root for the Chiefs in order to give the Bills a bigger lead in the AFCE.  That makes sense to me.

saying that we shouldn’t even waste our time thinking about the #1 seed is rubbish imo. This year especially.  Injuries are widespread.  Offense is dominating on another level.  Mahomes getting hurt and missing a couple games (or more) isn’t very far fetched.  Beating KC and owning the tiebreaker isn’t very far fetched.  

The #1 seed is more easily obtainable than you’re letting on to believe.  

It will be weird. Usually I just root for Tom Brady to get injured. Now that he’s gone, I’m not so sure what to do. 

I think I would mostly like to see Gilmore get embarrassed, Sammy run a few decoy routes to nowhere, Mahomes light it up (i have him in fantasy), and the chiefs win. In the end, I think we need to focus on winning the division. 

43 minutes ago, jamiezzz said:

Didn't see a topic on this, so I figured I'd ask who everyone is rooting for, KC or Pats?

I would love a KC loss.  This would put the Bills in great position playing them next week to go 3 games up on them (Of course, if we beat them, and beat Tennessee).

Although, I think being 2 games up on the Pats would be a nice cushion to try and take the division.

Thoughts?

is this a serious question?

Mahomey who else. 

F the Pats ****

You want the advantage over KC. 

Beat them in Buffalo. 

10 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Looks like Sony Michel is out tonight.

The thing I don't understand is how did I spend the summer hearing how Stidham was ready to take the reigns, only to find out they're starting Hoyer tonight?

it is interesting that apparently they don’t see Stidham as even a primary backup after all the talk of him being capable of starting. YE OLE suspects whether Hoyer or Stidham plays, this game won’t be particularly close.

We want the division- yeah um 😐 

47 minutes ago, MJS said:

We're still in our tough slate of games. Going up two games over the Pats would be huge.

If we can get to our first NE game 6-1, that would be amazing. I see NE being 3-3 by that point, with losses to the Chiefs and 49ers between now and then.

Win the division comes first, always!