At 4-0 Bills Have a Comfortable Cushion for Playoffs Run

6 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Keep winning.  I want the 1 seed.

This.   The road to the SB needs to go through Orchard Park

5 hours ago, CLTbills said:

Trent was knocked out cold in that game and was never the same

But he had the best game of his career the week he came back from the concussion against the Chargers !!!

28 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

Does anyone know when the last time we had a 2 game lead in the division?  Was Indy still in the division?

It -may- have been 1995 based on some digging I did on ProFootballReference... Bills were 10-5 after week 16, and the Dolphins and Colts were 8-7.  (I’d love for someone to check me on this).

6 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

The Bills need to beat KC or Seattle and split with NE to get the divisional advantage.  If they lose like NE already has then no cushion.

I think the Bills can take Seattle. They play every game like an Arena football team. I'll write off the KC game because Hell they have to lose sometime so it might as well be to the defending champions. Patriots got me worried though, not for the talent on the roster but the supremely evil genius at the helm.

8 hours ago, thronethinker said:

Having won all 4 games thus far the Bills can go .500 the rest of the season and be in very comfortable position to make the playoffs. That would put them at 10-6 and at that record could still be the division winner. Now I am not at all saying they will go 6-6 the rest of the season, but barring injury to Allen I see them going at worst 7-5, and that is my worst case scenario. If the Titans game goes on as scheduled Sunday Tennessee will be very depleted missing so many players. Suddenly that game is extremely winnable if it goes on. Chiefs game will be so tough, but Buffalo can pull it off. At that point Bills are 6-0 or 5-1 at worst. 

There's no such thing as comfortable with this squad. Get to 10 wins then we'll talk 

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

How is anything comfortable right now?   One injury or Covid positive to JA and were done.   We saw JA head to the locker room in LV.  I would feel better if our D was like last year to keep us in the game with a back-up. 

I’d feel better if our backup wasn’t Matt Barkley. A 2 game, 1st Place record is definitely rarified air! I recall Mark Kelso being interviewed about a 4-0 record. He said ‘you break up the season in quarters. You want to be 3-1 each quarter because that translates to 12-4 and a likely Division title. But mostly because it shows consistency vs 1-3 one quarter, 4-0 the next.’

We went to the Super Bowl that season..

There is no way anyone who feels comfortable with a 4-0 record before even playing the Pats was a fan before the Superbowl years. All this talk about winning the conference, getting a first round bye etc is absolutely ridiculous. It is way too early to be talking about anything other than the Titans game. All you guys talking like we've already arrived - we haven't done crap yet. Yes it's great to be 4-0 and up 2 games in the division but there is a long season ahead and until we beat the Hoodie and beat them definitively we haven't done jack. 

7 hours ago, Rochesterian Bills Fan said:

I think the Bills can take Seattle. They play every game like an Arena football team. I'll write off the KC game because Hell they have to lose sometime so it might as well be to the defending champions. Patriots got me worried though, not for the talent on the roster but the supremely evil genius at the helm.

I am not writing off the Chiefs game. They also have to lose as well. Might as well be in their 3rd game in 10 days. Especially coming to Buffalo on a short week. Remember they needed OT to beat the Chargers in LA so they are beatable.

15 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

Regardless of win loss the chiefs game is a mini super bowl for us. I know we want to crush New England but if we can hang with or even beat KC it catapults this team to huge expectations nationwide. Obviously the defense hasn’t given many reasons to think they can force a turnover or a punt vs KC. It’s a good measuring stick for expectations for me anyways 

I understand this take but this team needs to put New England away first and foremost 

3 minutes ago, Greg S said:

I am not writing off the Chiefs game. They also have to lose as well. Might as well be in their 3rd game in 10 days. Especially coming to Buffalo on a short week. Remember they needed OT to beat the Chargers in LA so they are beatable.

With Cam New England probably would have beaten Chiefs. McD snd Frazier haad better study that Belichick defensive game plan and copy it

4 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I understand this take but this team needs to put New England away first and foremost 

With Cam New England probably would have beaten Chiefs. McD snd Frazier haad better study that Belichick defensive game plan and copy it

You know they will. Josh should do a much better job against their D than Hoyer did. It will be a tough game and KC will score points no doubt. I see a 28-24 or 31-28 type of game.

Man, this is sooooo too early to be saying anything like this....I love the start the season for the Bills and I have reason for optimism for the Defense while the Offense has shown one quarter of the way through the season they are legit. But....let's pump the brakes on "cushion" and playoffs. COVID, injuries, player regression, and schedule ALL play a role long before we get to the end of the season. Let's be grateful and happy the start has happened the way it has for the Bills and encouraged by what we've witnessed while also knowing, this team will need to overcome adversity to challenge for the championship. 

• Like (+1) 1