Additional information regarding the actions taken

SDS

9 minutes ago, TBBills said:

See he not smart enough to see you gave him a list of names.

Click the link Teddy! Don't make yourself look foolish by asking again.

I wasn’t talking to you.   I’m surprised you weren’t one of the 30 day ban guys tbh.   

7 hours ago, bdutton said:

A few liberal posters who only joined a relatively short time ago, provide little or no actual content beyond childish memes and repetitive responses apparently goaded DR into responding to their antics. 

Once he responded to their repeated infantile posts they run to a mod to complain.

DR has a long history of providing interesting content.  

I don't want to see the board lose one if its most prolific members because of the actions of a small group of instigators.

Also, the 'asshats' earned the name IMO.  They open new threads where there was a perfectly good one to add to.  It ends up cluttering the board with multiple threads on the same basic subject.

This is all accurate, but unfortunately DR did not manage the board shift well. Instead of just putting people on ignore once they proved themselves unworthy of discussion, he lowered his own discourse as shown by @SDS above.  DR is not a guy who has historically addressed people that way, but he let his frustrations get the better of him.

So I don’t know what else Scott could have done, and I’m sorry he’s had to devote so much attention here recently.

• Like (+1) 3

7 hours ago, SDS said:

many people keep asserting that I’m wrong. Therefore, I am being completely transparent about what I acted on. I am politely asking for others to tell me what I missed or what I interpreted incorrectly. Do you have a response to the above?

and to answer your question, I routinely take ownership and responsibility when I am wrong and do my best to make corrections.

Well, as to the pedophile thing, DR was continually pointing out that by constantly (and it was near constant) trying to derail and disrupt the discussions about major pedophile arrests/news, @wAcKy ZeBrA was tacitly defending pedophiles/evil. I never once saw him accuse anyone of being a pedophile. There are dozens of examples of him saying that.

As for the PM nonsense that @wAcKy ZeBrA dragged you into, obviously I have no idea what was said, but I can say that DR absolutely denies calling him a pedophile there either. And yes, I do have DR's email address, and I did talk to Greg post-ban.

10 hours ago, SDS said:

1. What do I tell the member who reported the above and expresses to us that another member is facing unwarranted, repetitive abuse?

2. What am I supposed to do after reading the above after just going through this scenario with the reported member?

3. As this country becomes more polarized and as our discourse increasingly gets more extreme, why would I want this Buffalo Bills Community associated with the above (among other things)? A lot of people post anonymously here. I, however, am not (or at least it is the worst secret ever).

1.) Tell them what you and your mods traditionally tell most others that complain about PPP: You're on your own in PPP, use the ignore function.

2.) Did you go through it with DR? I guarantee you that he could have explained himself, and damn sure bet he would have been receptive to correction if you felt he was crossing a poorly-explained line.

3.) I don't disagree with what you're saying, however, had you bothered to do more than a cursory review (which, I get, you have limited time - and certainly it's unreasonable to expect you to go through tens of thousands of posts), these same whiners flung far more vitriol at DR than he did at them. Virtually all of it unprovoked. As others have repeatedly said about him, he was very patient with other posters, until the point it was clear that they were just trolling.

If you want to change the rules, that's your right. This is your site; you're the king. All I ask is to please just make it clear what is and what is not acceptable before just telling people they're not welcome in your community.

Edit: And Scott, please do not read into this that I'm trying to crap on you, or that I don't appreciate the community here that you founded.

Edited by Koko78
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Isn’t junior high part of the high school experience?  Jesus, maybe my parents held me back. 

It was 9th grade and come to think of it, the guy smelled like capers. 

Wasn’t me.  I smelled like fish fry. My friends hated it. “You worked at the restaurant tonight didn’t you Jim?”  

36 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

As for the PM nonsense that @wAcKy ZeBrA dragged you into, obviously I have no idea what was said, but I can say that DR absolutely denies calling him a pedophile there either. And yes, I do have DR's email address, and I did talk to Greg post-ban.

As for this part, I do my best to be correct in these situations and for this I owe DR somewhat of an apology. I reread the messages yet again and he did not accuse another member of actually being a pedophile himself, but (paraphrasing) that the member supports those causes and that’s what the member stands for.

The technical misrepresentation is completely my fault and I own that. However, the distinction between the two is rather small and the sentiment is essentially the same.

Thank you for pointing it out. 

• Like (+1) 3

29 minutes ago, SDS said:

As for this part, I do my best to be correct in these situations and for this I owe DR somewhat of an apology. I reread the messages yet again and he did not accuse another member of actually being a pedophile himself, but (paraphrasing) that the member supports those causes and that’s what the member stands for.

The technical misrepresentation is completely my fault and I own that. However, the distinction between the two is rather small and the sentiment is essentially the same.

Fruit of the poisonous tree.

FREE THE RHINO! 
LIBERA AL RINOCERONTE!
FREI DAS RHINO!

RHINOを解放する!

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, SDS said:

I realized in my long rambling post that I did make it easy for people like I requested others make it easy for me/us. So, let me expand upon the recent events, that came after the "post in this topic to ***** on X", a 30 day suspension, multiple attempts to bypass it, and an ensuing PM pissing match upon return. This is what I was told to look at:

(My interpretation is that The Frankish Reich is being accused of making a duplicate topic. The response below.)

"

You know how you can tell an asshat from a good poster? "

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/227311-will-trump-be-healthy-enough-to-run-and-serve/?do=findComment&comment=6758287
Thumbs up: Buffalo Gal, carpet crawler, dub, Dragoon

"

Liars gonna lie." Posted ####### meme
Link deleted

"

It's a special: "LOOK AT ME! I NEED ATTENTION" post by the board's newest chief Asshat. :lol: It's fun to watch such a dumb man go through such lengths  to prove how incalculably dumb he truly is."

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/227311-will-trump-be-healthy-enough-to-run-and-serve/?do=findComment&comment=6758300

Thumbs up: dubs, Laughed: cinga

"

You could have put this in any number of threads. It would be just as forgettable and stupid in those threads as it would be on its own. But, the asshat would rather ***** up the board like a pelican because he's in desperate need for attention. It's funny to witness a grown man continually make an ass out of himself in public. :lol: "

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/227311-will-trump-be-healthy-enough-to-run-and-serve/?do=findComment&comment=6758321

"

You're so full of shite you can't even keep up with your own bullshite positions. Carry on being a dishonest asshat. :lol: "
https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/227311-will-trump-be-healthy-enough-to-run-and-serve/?do=findComment&comment=6758354

"

That's unfair to ask. He's not even smart enough to realize the sky is blue. "

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/227311-will-trump-be-healthy-enough-to-run-and-serve/?do=findComment&comment=6758385

Upon further investigation, I read this (In response to TFR's request to stop the name calling):

"

Nope. Don't think I will. I gave you weeks of civility, you wanted none of it. Now you just get the horns. Your choice, Frank. "

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/191395-the-deep-state-war-heats-up-ph34r/?do=findComment&comment=6752991

I have looked over pages and pages and pages of posts by TFR and other than pushing back on positions, conspiracy theories and sometimes the general bent of PPP, I see absolutely nothing outside the normal back and forth of political talk that justified any of this on the heels on that suspension.

TFR's posting history (I apologize for pulling you into this):

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/profile/24239-the-frankish-reich/content/?type=forums_topic_post&change_section=1

Maybe I missed something. 🤷‍♂️

I also want to make it clear that TFR did not report anything. Another member did. So I ask:

1. What do I tell the member who reported the above and expresses to us that another member is facing unwarranted, repetitive abuse?

2. What am I supposed to do after reading the above after just going through this scenario with the reported member?

3. As this country becomes more polarized and as our discourse increasingly gets more extreme, why would I want this Buffalo Bills Community associated with the above (among other things)? A lot of people post anonymously here. I, however, am not (or at least it is the worst secret ever).

I want to note that, unless I missed it, friends of DR didn't exactly call for him to relax. Posters have responded that people here handle it themselves. So far I have failed to see where TFR needed to be handled like this. I do see DR needing to take a step back (IMO), but no advice was offered (unless it was done privately and he ignored it).

Edit: 

Oh, and one last thing… The PM ***** storm that I got pulled into had to do with DR continually accusing another member of child abuse, which DR continued to assert in PM.

Just additional information from my point of view.

i did not want to jump into this discussion. however, i can not sleep due to the bad taste that this whole situation has left in my mouth. 

this your sandbox and we are all here by your good graces. your house, your rules. it is a beautiful site you have created, well rounded and vibrant.

with that said, as you said, this is your point of view.  from where i sit, it is not very professional, nor right to come out with 'your view' as to the course of events while having the, 'alleged' offending party unable to defend themselves because they were banned by, you. this is tantamount to 'pushing a narrative' with no real discussion allowed except for those thoughts of outside parties.

from life experiences, i know that more often than not, there is one side and the other side and more often than not, the actual truth of a situation lies somewhere in between. however, we shall never get to hear directly from both sides.

case in point:

1 hour ago, SDS said:

again, from my perspective, this does seem to be somewhat of a large distinction. from a legal perspective, sympathizing with and being are two major differences. a difference that will land one years in a penitentiary.

***** it, i don't care at this point, while i'm here... just an observation or two on recent events of the past few months.

@Deranged Rhino was banned, then i was banned, then @Hedge was banned, then @B-Man was banned, all within the span of roughly three weeks. DR was banned for a call out thread, of which he privately acknowledged being wrong for doing. Hedge was banned for posting the longest joke in the world, when it had become standard fare down here to disrupt what many are of the opinion of being stupid threads mainly by posting recipes and then discussing food. B-Man caught a suspension for merely quoting the longest joke in the world. myself, i managed to catch a suspension for posting on the main board, in a political thread. as i admitted to others, i probably deserved the suspension, though imo, there were much worse comments in that, political thread on TSW. what i thought was kind of bush league, again was not the actual act of being suspended, i'm a big boy i can handle *****, but rather the desire you had to make it personal. when things stray from being professional then it becomes a problem in my book.

with regard to DR's, Hedge's and B-man's suspensions, there is no uniformity in the discipline. we are told PPP is a mod free zone, you guys take care of it yourselves. so we do and then all of a sudden there is moderation and discipline. the sum of the parts just doesn't add up to be quite frank.

from my point of view, it stinks of persecution. anyone who ventures into the shoutbox can see your political stance on display. if you don't want your website to be affiliated with those who do not buy the national syndicated narrative, just say so. who did you ban from the liberal side of the political spectrum? the only one i am aware of is Gary and that only happened because i pointed out precedent in a thread.

it is my understanding that PPP was created to give an outlet for and to keep politics out of the mainboards. politics is not for the weak of heart, nor mind. just look to our political elite, they can't be civil with one another yet we are expected to be? we are merely a reflection of the country. until it gets better, we won't get better.

again, outside of the grievances listed above, while it may not seem like it with this post, i have nothing but the utmost respect for you. 

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Foxx said:

i did not want to jump into this discussion. however, i can not sleep due to the bad taste in my mouth that this whole situation has left there. 

this your sandbox and we are all here by your good graces. your house, your rules. it is a beautiful site you have created, well rounded and vibrant.

with that said, as you said, this is your point of view.  from where i sit, it is not very professional, nor right to come out with 'your view' as to the course of events while having the offending party unable to defend themselves because they were banned by, you. this is tantamount to 'pushing a narrative' with no real discussion allowed except for those thoughts of outside parties.

from life experiences, i know that more often than not, there is one side and the other side and more often than not, the actual truth of a situation lies somewhere in between. however, we shall never get to hear directly from both sides.

case in point:

again, from my perspective, this does seem to be somewhat of a large distinction. from a legal perspective, sympathizing with and being are two major differences. a difference that will land one years in a penitentiary.

***** it, i don't care at this point, while i'm here... just an observation or two on recent events of the past few months.

@Deranged Rhino was banned, then i was banned, then @Hedge was banned, then @B-Man was banned, all within the span of roughly three weeks. DR was banned for a call out thread, of which he privately acknowledged being wrong for doing. Hedge was banned for posting the longest joke in the world, when it had become standard fare down here to disrupt what many are of the opinion of being stupid threads mainly by posting recipes and then discussing food. B-Man caught a suspension for merely quoting the longest joke in the world. myself, i managed to catch a suspension for posting on the main board, in a political thread. as i admitted to others, i probably deserved the suspension, though imo, there were much worse comments in that, political thread on TSW. what i thought was kind of bush league, again was not the actual act of being suspended, i'm a big boy i can handle *****, but rather the desire you had to make it personal. when things stray from being professional then it becomes a problem in my book.

with regard to DR's, Hedge's and B-man's suspensions, there is no uniformity in the discipline. we are told PPP is a mod free zone, you guys take care of it yourselves. so we do and then all of a sudden there is moderation and discipline. the sum of the parts just doesn't add up to be quite frank.

from my point of view, it stinks of persecution. anyone who ventures into the shoutbox can see your political stance on display. if you don't want your website to be affiliated with those who do not buy the national syndicated narrative, just say so. who did you ban from the liberal side of the political spectrum? the only one i am aware of is Gary and that only happened because i pointed out precedent in a thread.

it is my understanding that PPP was created to give an outlet for and to keep politics out of the mainboards. politics is not for the weak of heart, nor mind. just look to our political elite, they can't be civil with one another yet we are expected to be? we are merely a reflection of the country. until it gets better, we won't get better.

again, outside of the grievances listed above, while it may not seem like it with this post, i have nothing but the utmost respect for you. 

I will respond later, but most of this is wrong. 

6 hours ago, Bob in Mich said:

DR has become obsessed and bullied the crap out of anyone that wouldn’t come around to his point of view.  His initial reasoned approach would eventually turn to constant insults if you didn’t agree with his interpretations. Not sure how any regulars could miss that.

I too had hoped some of the regulars would help bring him back in line when he harassed the crap out of me for at least 6 months. If that help was attempted by any poster, I did not see it.  The only solution offered up was the ignore function.  As I explained however he would hijack every one of my discussions with his asshat or similar insult tirades. I recall complaining publicly (but not to mods) that he had made the board unusable for me.

DR is a bright guy and has a lot to offer the discussions. However he has driven away many posters and stymied the discussion way too many times. I pleaded with the guy to please leave me alone so that I could converse with others but he repeatedly refused.  His insult crusades were over the top, imo

I think it's entertaining that he's being martyred. I have been here at PPP for over 3 years now. 

He got worse in the time I've been here. I went through periods of avoiding this forum just because it's been toxic the entire time (don't know why people are arguing this place has deteriorated in the last year when it was the same 3 years ago... I guess now there are just more lefties now who disagree with the majority of right leaning posters and that just upsets them???) and DR would troll me constantly trying to pull me back over. And sometimes I would come back and engage. And then he'd resort to name-calling. And when he was wrong and proven wrong he'd resort to name-calling.

DR didn’t change. Him going mostly unchallenged on the big ideological anti-establishment agenda is what changed.

Oh. Plus he made a bet with me he knew he was going to lose. Now he won't have to abide by the terms of that bet.

That may or may not be related  🤔 

• Like (+1) 4

Wow.

Reading through all the crap that's happened... maybe the actual problem is that PPP is a "mod free zone."

I think even the most ardent and veteran posters in this subforum will concede that this is at least a right leaning forum... and I think that might be generous.

Right now we have the most divisive President in generations and luckily for this board that President aligned with the views of the majority of the consistent posters in this forum in ways they never probably thought possible.

What they didn’t likely anticipate is that would make this forum a magnet for people of such opposing views that they just had to vocalize somewhere... that's how I got here. I promised myself a long time ago I'd never go into a political forum to talk politics.

But then Donald Trump was elected. And despite all my best hopes, his Presidency has gone even worse than I ever could have expected.

Thus, I am here. As are more of the liberals you guys think have ruined this board, I suspect. Our reason for coming here to talk politics are likely exactly why so many of you (including DR) came to talk politics when you first did: something political was frustrating you if not pissing you off.

But now you're praising the establishment we're railing against... and you're still playing victim.

I will probably try to go away from this forum once Biden is elected. But given the already established divisiveness here, I don't know how things can be managed without a Mod.

Edited by transplantbillsfan
  • Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I think it's entertaining that he's being martyred. I have been here at PPP for over 3 years now. 

He got worse in the time I've been here. I went through periods of avoiding this forum just because it's been toxic the entire time (don't know why people are arguing this place has deteriorated in the last year when it was the same 3 years ago... I guess now there are just more lefties now who disagree with the majority of right leaning posters and that just upsets them???) and DR would troll me constantly trying to pull me back over. And sometimes I would come back and engage. And then he'd resort to name-calling. And when he was wrong and proven wrong he'd resort to name-calling.

DR didn’t change. Him going mostly unchallenged on the big ideological anti-establishment agenda is what changed.

Oh. Plus he made a bet with me he knew he was going to lose. Now he won't have to abide by the terms of that bet.

That may or may not be related  🤔 

FOS 

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Bob in Mich said:

DR has become obsessed and bullied the crap out of anyone that wouldn’t come around to his point of view.  His initial reasoned approach would eventually turn to constant insults if you didn’t agree with his interpretations. Not sure how any regulars could miss that.

I too had hoped some of the regulars would help bring him back in line when he harassed the crap out of me for at least 6 months. If that help was attempted by any poster, I did not see it.  The only solution offered up was the ignore function.  As I explained however he would hijack every one of my discussions with his asshat or similar insult tirades. I recall complaining publicly (but not to mods) that he had made the board unusable for me.

DR is a bright guy and has a lot to offer the discussions. However he has driven away many posters and stymied the discussion way too many times. I pleaded with the guy to please leave me alone so that I could converse with others but he repeatedly refused.  His insult crusades were over the top, imo

This is a brave post and I suspect a bunch of people will say you’re thin skinned for it (or worse, the word with the amusing filter auto correct) but it’s your experience and the one that lead to the banning so it is the experience of others. To end up under the ceaseless bully wave that DR and the squad unleashes ruins the place. The excuse here is to man up and it’s always been this way and if you can’t take it, leave. The latter is what I get endlessly. None of these is what TBD is about. None of these would be permitted with children, let alone adults because it’s so destructive to people. Yes squad, mean still hurts. Argument doesn’t but never ending bully attacks do.  

SDS said it really well: He moderates for both people in a dispute.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, shoshin said:

This is a brave post and I suspect a bunch of people will say you’re thin skinned for it (or worse, the word with the amusing filter auto correct) but it’s your experience and the one that lead to the banning so it is the experience of others. To end up under the ceaseless bully wave that DR and the squad unleashes ruins the place. The excuse here is to man up and it’s always been this way and if you can’t take it, leave. The latter is what I get endlessly. None of these is what TBD is about. None of these would be permitted with children, let alone adults because it’s so destructive to people. Yes squad, mean still hurts. Argument doesn’t but never ending bully attacks do.  

Who is this squad you're talking about?

49 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

So what did he do? 

He violated the TOS. SDS had no choice but to ban him. 

1 hour ago, shoshin said:

shut up already.     Isn’t there a covid thread off the wall you can participate in ? 

all this veiled trolling, we know what you did.    

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Koko78 said:

Well, as to the pedophile thing, DR was continually pointing out that by constantly (and it was near constant) trying to derail and disrupt the discussions about major pedophile arrests/news, @wAcKy ZeBrA was tacitly defending pedophiles/evil.

This is nonsense. #Pizzagate and #QANON are not major pedophile arrests/news. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/12/technology/qanon-save-the-children-trafficking.html

QAnon Followers Are Hijacking the #SaveTheChildren Movement

Recently, an acquaintance posted a photo on her Instagram story showing a map of the United States, filled with bright red dots.

“This is not a map of Covid,” the caption read. “It is a map of human trafficking.”

Under the photo was a hashtag: #SaveTheChildren.

A few days later, I saw the same hashtag trending on Twitter. This time, it was being posted by followers of QAnon, the sprawling pro-Trump conspiracy theory. These people were also disturbed about human trafficking, but with a dark twist: Many of them believed that President Trump was on the verge of exposing “Pizzagate” or “Pedogate,” their terms for a global conspiracy involving a ring of Satan-worshiping, child-molesting criminals led by prominent Democrats.

Here's a recent exchange between DR and myself from the QANON thread. Judge it is you wish.

On 9/24/2020 at 2:07 PM, Deranged Rhino said:

But that's all you got Gary. I have broken you. I beat you over and over and over again. And you just don't learn. But I like having you as my cat toy. It's fun batting you around, making you lose your shite, and exposing your ignorance and hypocrisy for all to see. You've carved out quite a reputation for yourself on this board, Gary. Everyone knows exactly how dishonest you truly are and what you actually spend your time defending down here. Most people would be ashamed, but not you Gary. 

It's wonderful. Because it means you'll remain a very easy target. 

Carry on, asshat. :beer: 

On 9/24/2020 at 2:10 PM, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

The bolded is extreemly creepy - especially in light of your previous comments and multiple threads you've started about me - one which got you banned for a month.

On 9/24/2020 at 2:14 PM, Deranged Rhino said:

Here's proof that I own Gary, that Gary has been broken by me: he's on his fourth screenname in the past 18 months. He's been beaten so badly he's been forced to flee his old name and posts like a hermit crab. He's a broken and sad man who can't ever seem to get that one horsepower brain of his to generate anything worthwhile, original, or even factually accurate. 

Live shot of Gary reading this: 

There stands a broken man. It's recess everywhere... but in his heart. - GIF  on Imgur

On 9/24/2020 at 2:15 PM, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

Creepy. you see me as your slave. That's weird as *****. See a shrink.

On 9/24/2020 at 2:22 PM, Deranged Rhino said:

Not my slave. You're my bitchboy. I can make you unravel with a simple sentence. I can send you on a multi post stalking spree where you follow me from thread to thread and think you're scoring points against me when all you're doing is exposing yourself to the board as the asshat we all know you to be by just posting under you. It's completely your fault that you're treated this way. You could choose to have a different relationship with me, but you continually chose the path of being a liar, being needlessly cruel, and taking up the mantle to defend the indefensible time and time again. 

You made those choices. Not me. And now, you're on your fourth handle in less than two years because you're constantly getting your ass handed to you intellectually and comedically. 

Another live shot of Gary realizing (again) that he's wrong and I'm correct: 

Car broken ups GIF - Find on GIFER