Josh's Amazing Array of Throws From Yesterday

This is a GREAT point by the OP.  Allen is truly special.  I’m still reserving judgement until we see a couple of season of this level of production, but he is making the WOW! plays and the basic ones now.  Still makes some bad decisions and still throws some balls with no touch, but overall, he looks awesome out there. 

I commented to my wife “it’s nice to see 3rd and 13 and not feel like we should just send the punter out now”, of course they pick up 17 yards irrc and keep the drive alive.  It’s amazing to know what other teams have felt like all these years lol.

• Like (+1) 3

50 minutes ago, Simon said:

When you're by yourself in the living room exclaiming out loud about multiple throws, you know your guy is zipping trip 20's all over the place.

Oh yeah.......this was me yesterday. My younger kid looks at me like I'm insane. 

I got up off the couch and kneeled after that Smoke goal-line throw and catch. That's the kind of play that wins Super Bowls in the end.

However, Beane better get a high quality backup sooner than later. Praying this isn't the case, but possibly our B-D Football Player under center is going to get injured and we'll need a fort-holder-downer. I don't trust what we have. What's Bridgewater's contract status, @YoloinOhio?

Edited by Seasons1992
I have more to say.
  • Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

I love how on Davis TD he looks all the time to the left and then suddenly looks on Davis side and finds him wide open.

Yeah, that was impressive.  I think if he starts adding pump fakes into his arsenal, he'll raise his game to a new level.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

I love how on Davis TD he looks all the time to the left and then suddenly looks on Davis side and finds him wide open.

And Diggs threw his hand up on the left for the ball too.  I can't say from the quick look I had whether he would have scored, but Diggs thought he was open.

1 hour ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Was reading an article in the Athletic, below was one quote:

Daboll used 19 different packages on Sunday. If that wasn’t impressive enough, he used 15 different personnel combinations through the first half, which consisted of only 30 plays.

Got me thinking some, is more of Allen's improvement due to him just finally understanding the offense?  Maybe last year when he'd drop back half the time he'd be trying to understand the play that there wasn't enough time left to often throw a good catchable pass.  I'm sure working on the mechanics helped too, but maybe the mental part is a bigger reason for the improvement than people realize.

Oh he's mastered the offense. That's probably about 10% of why he's successful right now though. He's beginning to master defense as well. He's understanding how a coverage will defend the play called. This is basically done post snap within a couple seconds. It's what seperates QB's. 

Also in terms of Daboll and his combinations, I was listening to Gruden and the greatest compliment he made about Daboll is he said you can't find Diggs on the field. He's all over. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

Watch it again.  He doesn't put his body into the throw.  He could have thrown it 70 yards if he wanted.  Amazing arm. 

Announcers in the Rams game last week said that he once threw a pass for 86 yards when he was in Wyoming. (FWIW)

No hyperbole, but Josh Allen is the most exciting quarterback I have watched in my lifetime.  Vick comes close, but the current version of Josh is just like every QB attribute (outside of decision making...haha) set straight to 100.  Size, strength, speed, intelligence, elusiveness, toughness, arm strength, touch, accuracy, will, clutchness and leadership...oh my!!!  Holy crap we have hit the jackpot with this dude.

Also, I live in SoCal and my friends who are fans of other teams LOVE watching Allen.  I get texts every Sunday telling me that Allen is their favorite player in the NFL.

Edited by TheBrownBear
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Simon said:

When you're by yourself in the living room exclaiming out loud about multiple throws, you know your guy is zipping trip 20's all over the place.

I still say the non-TD throw to Brown was one of the sickest throws I've ever seen by any QB.  Threw it from the 25 to the goal line on a rope in the only place he could fit it.

• Like (+1) 4

When Allen came out of college, we knew a lot about him.  We knew he had a cannon arm and terrific athleticism.  We knew he was raw, and we knew he was very smart.  Sometimes intelligence does not translate to football intelligence and instinct on the field.  The football intelligence/instinct was one of two things we didn't know, the other thing was Allen's drive to improve.  Turns out Allen has incredible drive.  He also has pretty good football intelligence/instinct.  That is on display as he reads defenses and misleads them with his eyes.  He still has some lapses, (the awful sack he took late in the game) but part of that is he just wants to make the play happen somehow on every snap.  Now, sometimes he will throw the ball away, but he still gives in occasionally that temptation to save a play gone bad.  I love the development, though, and I think the hero ball plays will decrease over time.

I pulled this from the Las Vegas Review today..  Can you imagine watching this game:

"Allen visited Las Vegas with the Cowboys on Nov. 12, 2016, for a game against UNLV at Sam Boyd Stadium. He completed 14 of 31 passes for 334 yards, four TDs and two interceptions, but Wyoming fell 69-66 in triple overtime."

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yeah, that was impressive.  I think if he starts adding pump fakes into his arsenal, he'll raise his game to a new level.

Excellent point. He now rightfully strikes fear into opposing teams. They have no choice now but to race to whatever direction his howitzer unloads. Now sprinkle in pump fakes and the receivers will be untouched walking or standing in the endzone. Definitely saves wear & tear on his receivers bodies.

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, eball said:

I still say the non-TD throw to Brown was one of the sickest throws I've ever seen by any QB.  Threw it from the 25 to the goal line on a rope in the only place he could fit it.

I think the only throw better, ever, may be the Ben to Santonio SB throw over/around 3 defenders.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

No hyperbole, but Josh Allen is the most exciting quarterback I have watched in my lifetime.  Vick comes close, but the current version of Josh is just like every QB attribute (outside of decision making...haha) set straight to 100.  Size, strength, speed, intelligence, elusiveness, toughness, arm strength, touch, accuracy, will, clutchness and leadership...oh my!!!  Holy crap we have hit the jackpot with this dude.

Also, I live in SoCal and my friends who are fans of other teams LOVE watching Allen.  I get texts every Sunday telling me that Allen is their favorite player in the NFL.

Yep, I’ve gotten a lot of texts too from friends all over, Bills are on their way to becoming America’s team... again, thanks to Josh (must-see TV) Allen.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Rico said:

Yep, I’ve gotten a lot of texts too from friends all over, Bills are on their way to becoming America’s team... again, thanks to Josh (must-see TV) Allen.

Jim Rome is talking about this right now. I don't care if you hate him, but we have the colors and the gusto (shout out to the B-N) to be the darlings. Just need to WIN.

• Like (+1) 2