Zay Jones - What If He Played With This Josh Allen?

HardyBoy

If Allen had those touch passes, I'm thinking things go differently for Zay in Buffalo. I'm not saying he's a star #1 in that situation by any means, but his drop issues would have been much less.

He got open, but he was too slow getting his hands up in time and Allen was largley only throwing super fast.

Of course the what if could be what if he got a chance to play with Diggs, Brown and Beasley and be able to be in the Gabriel Davis role (not saying I'd rather have Zay over Gabriel on the team), but I think his biggest issue was he was slow getting his hands ready to catch and if the ball was coming earlier, but slower from Allen like it is this year, he would have had a lot more success.

Edited by HardyBoy
  • Haha (+1) 3

Had we been able to be patient with Zay and if he had the trio ahead of him like Davis does he probably could have become a solid 2-3 receiver. We didn't have talent in front of him and needed him to produce immediately and Zay wasn't ready.

That being said, I wish him well in LV, and am very happy with our current WR room

• Like (+1) 14

4 minutes ago, HardyBoy said:

If Allen had those touch passes, I'm thinking things go differently for Zay in Buffalo. I'm not saying he's a star #1 in that situation by any means, but his drop issues would have been much less.

He got open, but he was too slow getting his hands up in time and Allen was largley only throwing super fast.

Of course the what if could be what if he got a chance to play with Diggs, Brown and Beasley and be able to be in the Gabriel Davis role (not saying I'd rather have Zay over Gabriel on the team), but I think his biggest issue was he was slow getting his hands ready to catch and if the ball was coming earlier, but slower from Allen like it is this year, he would have had a lot more success.

When I watched the game yesterday, I still saw a Zay Jones that couldn't get separation from anyone - and still very iffy hands.  He should have dove (slightly) and laid out for an almost perfectly thrown ball - if that was Beasley, or Diggs (or even Brown) - he makes that catch.

• Like (+1) 7

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Zay just isn’t good. I was wrong about him. I was really excited when the Bills took him. He just doesn’t have any special skills. He’s a fringe NFL player

He’s a pitcher with a 92 MPH FB and a marginal breaking ball.  He can hang around for a little bit, but there’s nothing that he does exceptionally well.  Glad we got something for him on the way out. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Zay is not nearly as bad as some in here are saying. That said wouldn't swap any of out top 5 WRs for him. I love who we have and their professionalism. This offense is scary good and the Defense finally shown a pulse. If they wake from their coma I don't see a team that can beat us. 

• Like (+1) 1