When can we expect Allen to sign a long-term deal?

bills6969

If he keeps it up through this whole season then I would expect something to get done early next year. Technically we still have him under contract for two more years after this season being they will certainly pick up the 5th year option. The figures will be astronomical is he keeps it up at this rate and gets a taste of some playoff success as well. 

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

I imagine the FO will work on a new, long-term deal with Allen this off-season.  I’m thinking it will be 10 yearish 400m packed with incentives like Mahomes deal.

By League Rules has to be complete with this year.  So earliest they can re-sign him is at the end of the season.

1 hour ago, bills6969 said:

I imagine the FO will work on a new, long-term deal with Allen this off-season.  I’m thinking it will be 10 yearish 400m packed with incentives like Mahomes deal.

Mahomes won a superbowl and Allen hasn't even got passed the 1st round.  WAAAAAAAY to early to think about a 400 million contract. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Buff76ers said:

Mahomes won a superbowl and Allen hasn't even got passed the 1st round.  WAAAAAAAY to early to think about a 400 million contract. 

Totally correct, Watson too, he's probably not getting a big contract til he wins a super...

He cannot be signed this year as it has not been 3 years yet per the CBA.

Hopefully he takes a more team friendly deal like Brady did all those years so we can still keep a good team around him.

Edited by Mrbojanglezs
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

After the season.

59 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

after we win the super bowl

Aren’t those the same thing?

1 minute ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

He cannot be signed this year as it has not been 3 years yet per the CBA.

Hopefully he takes a more team friendly deal like Brady did all those years so we can still keep a good team around him.

No. Please. Pay the man. Enough with the “hometown discount” thinking. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 hours ago, bills6969 said:

Earliest will be this offseason as he cannot sign any type of extension or new contract in his 3rd year as a rookie coming into the league per NFL rules.

3 hours ago, Beast said:

He has a long ways to go before he gets a deal like that.

Agreed.  I've been a huge Allen guy since draft day,  but he's got to stay consistent this season and carry it through next season to sniff 10 yrs/400 million. 

His 5th year option will be picked up either way.

• Like (+1) 1