Language on TV

krf139

Maybe the OP should watch some Corn hole on ESPN. 

19 minutes ago, Nineforty said:

For me, they're just words. 

Under most circumstances, I love it. 

C-word, F-word, it don't matter. Love 'em all.

Kill 'em with kindness? Kill 'em with a nicely timed F-bomb. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

I get why some people don’t want to hear that, or have their kids hear it.  But I’d watch games hearing only the field sounds every game if I could.  No fan noise, no announcers - just audibles, line calls, defensive adjustments and expletive infused trash talking.  Bliss. 

I'd definitely pay for a package that included field-level sound on every play. 

• Like (+1) 2

I've noticed this in all sports. The crowd adds a massive amount of white noise to what's being said on the field or playing surface and is kind of like a mild censor for the swearing going on.  There isnt enough of delay on the broadcast to stop it anyway. Personally I think its really cool to hear everything unfiltered from the field. 

Yesterday was getting pretty testy. The Raiders have a bunch of thugs on their team so it was hardly surprising that regular F bombs were dropped. 

I doubt anyone on here cares.  I bet the FCC does.  I bet the networks televising them care if the FCC starts handing out fines.  We could very well progress to a tape delay if it continues.  Do I care, not in the least.

32 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

This 100%. Announcers talk way too much and bombard the game rather than letting it breath. And they use the same outplayed lingo. Just awful. 

I’ve got Game Pass and I’ll watch a lot of games on condensed or coaches film (all 22). The condensed is great because it eliminates the banter from between the whistle and snap.  Plus you wan watch a whole game in 40 minutes or so.  The all 22 has no sound.  It’s serene.  Usually about 90 minutes and you see every play twice (different camera angles).  Put on music, talk about the game with a friend or just watch in peaceful silence.  Either is so much better than the regular broadcast.  I watch regular broadcasts live on Sunday, but usually watch other games in those formats during the week even if MNF or TNF are on live. 

• Thank you (+1) 1