Huge play that nobody is talking about

Every game has plenty of big plays that can have a huge effect on the outcome. My pick for this weeks moment that seems to be flying under the radar.

The Bills just just scored in the 3rd quarter to go up by 7... however Tyler Bass misses the extra point and that could of been huge instead of them being up by 8 it is only a touchdown away.

On the kickoff the Raiders spring the return and as luck would have it who made the touchdown saving tackle . A score there and the game might have been different.

On 2 back to back plays the kicker had a huge impact on the game and no one is talking about it.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Liberal Bob said:

Every game has plenty of big plays that can have a huge effect on the outcome. My pick for this weeks moment that seems to be flying under the radar.

The Bills just just scored in the 3rd quarter to go up by 7... however Tyler Bass misses the extra point and that could of been huge instead of them being up by 8 it is only a touchdown away.

On the kickoff the Raiders spring the return and as luck would have it who made the touchdown saving tackle . A score there and the game might have been different.

On 2 back to back plays the kicker had a huge impact on the game and no one is talking about it.

When Bass made the tackle I literally said “I guess that makes up for the extra point he just missed.”  It really shows why a player can never hang his head and worry about a past play.  He’s got to shake it off and be fully ready for the next one. 

• Like (+1) 13

Bass needs to get with it. I’ll hand it to the coaching staff for showing continued trust in the kid, but missing an extra point on a game played in a dome with no significant pressure or crowd to deal with is pretty troubling. But...with that said, I noticed him talking to the holder after the miss, and the replay clearly showed the laces were toward the kicker. I’m not sure if that impacted the strike of the ball, or just messed with the kicker’s head. In either event they need to get this fixed.

Edited by SoCal Deek
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Liberal Bob said:

Have you been to the game-day threads at all? There's a fair bit of Bass discussion going on.

torch-and-pitchfork.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

My turning point play was the stones to go for it on 4th and one at the 50 and they gave it to mckenzie on the wr sweep misdirection play that went for ten.  The old bills would have gotten stuffed up the middle ... if they even had the stones to go for it there.  Fantastic play call.  All the play calling was excellent in that game.  Usually there are a few head scratchers but Daboll is really running this offense with no holding back.  I LOVE the fact that Allen doesn't have to make the plays with his legs, I do worry about the kicker missing the extra points.  If there is one position we need to be solid ESPECIALLY if we make it to the superbowl and the game winning kick is on the line, we don't need to go through that again.  I hope this kid has a great coach and he's able to build up his consistency.  Showed great heart on that tackle to stop the run back though.  

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, MClem06 said:

My turning point play was the stones to go for it on 4th and one at the 50 and they gave it to mckenzie on the wr sweep misdirection play that went for ten.  The old bills would have gotten stuffed up the middle ... if they even had the stones to go for it there.  Fantastic play call.  All the play calling was excellent in that game.  Usually there are a few head scratchers but Daboll is really running this offense with no holding back.  I LOVE the fact that Allen doesn't have to make the plays with his legs, I do worry about the kicker missing the extra points.  If there is one position we need to be solid ESPECIALLY if we make it to the superbowl and the game winning kick is on the line, we don't need to go through that again.  I hope this kid has a great coach and he's able to build up his consistency.  Showed great heart on that tackle to stop the run back though.  

Also because they opened the game with a very similar play and it got stopped

• Like (+1) 2

I gave him zero credit for the tackle.  We are paying him to kick it out of the end zone every time especially in a dome like stadium.  The trilogy of horrible kicks was complete when Bojo crushed it out of the end zone after Josh took the sack.  Horrible kicks almost did lose this game. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Liberal Bob said:

Frankly, we were trying to keep it on the down low. (Shaking head) Thanks, Bob. :)

Edited by ChevyVanMiller