Houston is 0-4 and Miami owns their 1st & 2nd round picks

Peace Frog

1 hour ago, Back the Blue said:

Hypothetical...Tua starts in the 2nd half of the year and plays really well and Houston finishes dead last.  Does Miami draft Lawrence or trade the pick?

If they are in love with Tua, you would think they would trade it right and get a King's ransom for the pick and be loaded with 1st and 2nds for a couple years, or would they flip Tua for picks and take Lawrence?

This certainly isn’t a good development for the Bills. It gives Miami a chance to keep building with high end talent. They can do something like Ja’Marr Chase and Penei Sewell if they are bad enough. They could turn around and try to get an edge rusher in the next round or trade those 2 early 2nds to move back into the 20’s and do it. That’s scary.

• Like (+1) 3

43 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This certainly isn’t a good development for the Bills. It gives Miami a chance to keep building with high end talent. They can do something like Ja’Marr Chase and Penei Sewell if they are bad enough. They could turn around and try to get an edge rusher in the next round or trade those 2 early 2nds to move back into the 20’s and do it. That’s scary.

its definitely an enviable position for Miami.  What dumb luck that BOB came calling, they must have been high 5'ing eachother.

• Like (+1) 1

Good, I want a competition for the division. Buffalo/Miami meeting twice a year and then possibly in the playoffs. Bring em on. The Bills are never, ever going to have to deal with anything like the past twenty years. That’s a once in a lifetime combination of greatest coach ever and (arguably) the best QB ever. Miami could have ten top ten picks and likely not be able to string together the domination that has been endured by the AFC East. 

3 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I life in Houston and love the Texans demise, i am about as big a critic of BOB as you can find BUT i wil say unloading the Oswelier contract was a masterstroke, maybe his best move ever.

How so? He signed him to the contract and then one year later traded him and gave away a second round pick who turned into one of the best running backs in football. he was dumb enough to sign into a huge contract and then he was dumb enough to have to do that to get rid of it.

A lot of the speculation here rests on whether the Fish put Tua under center any time soon. Adam Schein was barking this morning that he should start right away if he is truly healthy. I don't follow college ball, so I don't know if Tua is NFL ready, but I DO know they have the best situation with him learning under Fitzpatrick for as long as possible.

Frankly, if you're going to play him, you start him after their bye week. It gives them plenty of film on all three teams in the division so he can start with the Jets coming out of the bye, and still get time vs the Bills and Pats*.

They should know what they have after six weeks.

But then, I'm just a Bills homer and genuinely have no idea what I'm talking about.

BOB could screw up a bologna sandwich.  He's a pedestrian head coach and a horrible GM.

15 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

A lot of the speculation here rests on whether the Fish put Tua under center any time soon. Adam Schein was barking this morning that he should start right away if he is truly healthy. I don't follow college ball, so I don't know if Tua is NFL ready, but I DO know they have the best situation with him learning under Fitzpatrick for as long as possible.

Frankly, if you're going to play him, you start him after their bye week. It gives them plenty of film on all three teams in the division so he can start with the Jets coming out of the bye, and still get time vs the Bills and Pats*.

They should know what they have after six weeks.

But then, I'm just a Bills homer and genuinely have no idea what I'm talking about.

I think four games is enough learning but I guess you could wait until after the bye.  I've just always believed you learn a hell of a lot more being thrown into the fire than watching from the bench.  

7 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Something to ponder for next season.

That is just crazy. Thanks for pointing this out!

7 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Bill O’Brien is a mouth-breathing idiot.  He has caused problems all over the league by setting terrible precedents like dealing 2 1sts for Tunsil without negotiating an extension first, trading away Hopkins for peanuts, etc.  The chaos he creates spreads to other teams because agents and GMs use his bad deals as comparatives in future negotiations.

Reminds me of an undisciplined Whaley.

How freaking great is it to have a real GM??!!

17 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I've just always believed you learn a hell of a lot more being thrown into the fire than watching from the bench.  

JP Losman would beg to differ. :lol:

I'm joking, of course, and I'm not confusing Losman for Tua...and Losman came in late in the game as opposed to giving him a week to prep, but I'll always believe that singe decision wrecked Losman at some level.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

JP Losman would beg to differ. :lol:

I'm joking, of course, and I'm not confusing Losman for Tua...and Losman came in late in the game as opposed to giving him a week to prep, but I'll always believe that singe decision wrecked Losman at some level.

Losman sat for a year if I remember correctly.  It's an old age debate and there's been numerous examples of QB's failing and excelling in both scenarios.  To me it doesn't matter that much as you either have it or you don't.  I'd rather get them in as soon as possible as long as they're healthy enough.  

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, cle23 said:

How so? He signed him to the contract and then one year later traded him and gave away a second round pick who turned into one of the best running backs in football. he was dumb enough to sign into a huge contract and then he was dumb enough to have to do that to get rid of it.

Taking 2 different things...was he dumb to sign Oswelier, absoultely...was he brilliant to unload said  $16 million contract for a dog, absolutely

11 hours ago, Back the Blue said:

Hypothetical...Tua starts in the 2nd half of the year and plays really well and Houston finishes dead last.  Does Miami draft Lawrence or trade the pick?

I agree.  

if Tua plays well I think you trade the pick.