Josh's Development is as Dramatic as Lamar's Was Last Season

StHustle

3 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

Actually, I think there are quite a few Bills fans, and posters on this board, who believed Allen was capable of reaching this level of play this year. I think it is more shocking to those who, to one degree or another, bought into the ridiculous narratives that were pushed about him from the moment he was drafted.

I've been one of the biggest supports of Allen here. Right there with Transplant. But come on, 71 percent completion AND 2nd in the league in yards? 12-1 TD to interception ratio in only 4 games?

I knew coming into the season Allen was a franchise QB for us. But I wasn't expecting this type of production. Hopeful? Yes, but not expecting.

2 hours ago, cage said:

Question:  Did we just have a game where the phrase "Josh Allen Experience" was not uttered, tweeted or written about??  

Nope. 

A lot of people like to still critique Alllen as a qb that giveth and taketh away. At what point does that narrative change? 35 TD's to 3 INTs or whatever in the last 15 games. I know that doesn't include is fumbles but even if we add those it's probably still 35-10 or something. He took bad sack up two TD's in the fourth quarter. Big deal. Does anyone actually think the game was in doubt after that sack? 

22 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

A lot of people like to still critique Alllen as a qb that giveth and taketh away. At what point does that narrative change? 35 TD's to 3 INTs or whatever in the last 15 games.

The narrative is changing, but all things take time.  Barring something unforeseen, I think he can universally be seen as a top 5 QB by the end of the year. Right now, he's probably in the 10-14 range.

To make the leap, Josh needs to go whale hunting. It's time to beat New England twice and win the division. It's time to show you can hang with Mahomes, Russ and Roethlisberger. It's time to win a playoff game (or three!).

When you join the elite QB round table, to lose a seat, you need to fall flat on your face, or get kicked out of the club. Right now, I think Mahomes, Wilson, Rodgers, Lamar and Watson have the seats, but Josh is well positioned to steal one for himself (probably Watsons)

1 minute ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I've been one of the biggest supports of Allen here. Right there with Transplant. But come on, 71 percent completion AND 2nd in the league in yards? 12-1 TD to interception ratio in only 4 games?

I knew coming into the season Allen was a franchise QB for us. But I wasn't expecting this type of production. Hopeful? Yes, but not expecting.

Feel free to go back and look at my posts, and those of a number of other posters on this board, from the past two years. The success he is experiencing on the field this year didn't emerge out of a vacuum and shouldn't be a shock or something completely unexpected to anyone who evaluated him objectively, and within context, over the last two years. 

I argued over and over that he was absolutely capable of putting up the kind of statistics he has over the last four weeks. So, I am not going to say I am surprised to see him actually do it.

2 minutes ago, TheElectricCompany said:

The narrative is changing, but all things take time.  Barring something unforeseen, I think he can universally be seen as a top 5 QB by the end of the year. Right now, he's probably in the 10-14 range.

To make the leap, Josh needs to go whale hunting. It's time to beat New England twice and win the division. It's time to show you can hang with Mahomes, Russ and Roethlisberger. It's time to win a playoff game (or three!).

When you join the elite QB round table, to lose a seat, you need to fall flat on your face, or get kicked out of the club. Right now, I think Mahomes, Wilson, Rodgers, Lamar and Watson have the seats, but Josh is well positioned to steal one for himself (probably Watsons)

1. Mahomes

2. Wilson

3. Rodgers

4. Jackson

5. Watson

6. Allen

This is what I see right now. Just my 2. If Allen's play keeps up, as well as everyone else's, then he could be #4 by year's end. 

5 minutes ago, TheElectricCompany said:

True.

We can look at it as the MVP being Allen's to lose right now. Mahomes, Wilson, Patriots x2. Go 3-1 in those games and he'll likely be the MVP.

4 minutes ago, TheElectricCompany said:

GMFB hosts all had him in top 5 after last weeks game. They all had Rodgers, Wilson, Jackson, Allen and Mahomes  but in different orders. I know we get a lot of love from that show, but i thought it was pretty cool to see him getting that type of recognition. They all mentioned after giving there top 5 yeah no TB no Dak no Brees. These guys are the true top dogs. Although a couple said it was Mahomes, a huge gap then everyone else.